List of Things "To Do" as you watch PotC 2...

Did you enjoy Pirates of the Caribbean - Dead Man's Chest - ?

• It was one of the best movies I have ever seen!!!

Votes: 59 47.6%
  • I liked it!

Votes: 57 46.0%
  • I didn't like it.

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • It was one of the worst movies I have ever seen!!!

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
Saw this today, I thought it bettered the first film personally. I liked the twists in the characters motives and how things got a little darker than before. Its like we're getting to know all the characters better so seeing not only good sides but also bad sides.

SPOILER

BTW Lizzy didnt like Sparrow romantically. She was leading him on and generally playing him at his own game. Though it's gonna backfire on her in 3 after Will saw her playing tonsil hockey with Sparrow.

END SPOILER

Also to people complaining about Pirates 2 being so open ended. The original Pirates was originally an intended one off. However when the original proved to be fantasically popular, Disney then decided to continue the story. With 3 already long since been greenlighted also, it's no wonder Disney made it open ended. Gets them more money ya know? ;D

cdunbar said:
I need the first 5 min. of dialouge someone! I didn't have sound for the 1st five min, I think I threatned to hit an employee if he didn't rewind it which he didn't! So just PM me, PLEASE!:cry:

Unfortunately, once a reel is running, it's impossible to "rewind it". The movie has to play all the way through before you can wind it back up. However, if the managers of the theater weren't lined up at the exit with free ticket passes, then it must've been a crap theater...on the two occasions that we've had major problems with a movie at my theater, and the day the power went out, we gave emergency readmit tickets to everybody.

popsicletrees

TAC said:
  • Keira Knightley had to wear hair extensions because she had cut her hair short for her role in Domino (2005).

This was very noticable when she was a stowaway on the other ship. She had short pieces coming out of her hat and also around her nape.

I thought it was very well done. The graphics were amazing. The new Disney logo made me want to hop in my car and drive to Orlando tonight!

CaptainMichael

JennyTablina said:
SPOILER

BTW Lizzy didnt like Sparrow romantically. She was leading him on and generally playing him at his own game. Though it's gonna backfire on her in 3 after Will saw her playing tonsil hockey with Sparrow.

END SPOILER
That is not entirely true. There were hints throughout the film of her having a crush on him, and the compass pointed to Jack when she held it. Not to mention she was extremely distraught over his death.

STR8FAN2005 said:
That is not entirely true. There were hints throughout the film of her having a crush on him, and the compass pointed to Jack when she held it. Not to mention she was extremely distraught over his death.

Sorry, wrote this late last night, didn't think about Spoilers...to read me basically proving everything in the above post wrong, hilite, lol

The compass never pointed to Jack. She thought it did, and got all mad, but then Jack realized that it kept pointing towards the chest. It just happened that Jack was standing directly opposite Elizabeth, with the chest in the middle. Also...Elizabeth had just killed Jack, a very dear friend of hers. Of course she was crying! You don't have to be in love/ with someone to mourn them. And as for the hints throughout the film of her having a crush on him- she didn't. There were moments when she would tease him, and seduce him for her own gain. She was never actually after him.

megaroostitch

I have been waiting for this movie to come out since I first heard about it being made and I was not disappointed. It was the best movie out this year by far. The only bad thing was there was so many people in every show that they were rushing people out of the theater to clean it up because so many people were waiting to get into the next showing. What happened after the credits? If someone could please send me a pm and let me know. Thanks :wave:

wdwishes2005

Taryn said:
The compass never pointed to Jack. She thought it did, and got all mad, but then Jack realized that it kept pointing towards the chest. It just happened that Jack was standing directly opposite Elizabeth, with the chest in the middle. Also...Elizabeth had just killed Jack, a very dear friend of hers. Of course she was crying! You don't have to be in love/ with someone to mourn them. And as for the hints throughout the film of her having a crush on him- she didn't. There were moments when she would tease him, and seduce him for her own gain. She was never actually after him.
SPOILER. to read highlight the post.

I find it hard to believe that she would lock the person she loved the most to a railing to be eaten by a kraken.....

Horizons1

I saw it Friday night and enjoyed it very much. Its a fantastic movie that at times had the theater on the edge of their seats or cracking up. The CGI was really amazing and well done, not to mention the beautiful score. There is not alot of character development but there is some, which is fine by me. The very ending of the movie was funny, my friend and I were the only ones who stayed to watch it. Everyone else in theater left, and it was a packed house! Very excited for POTC 3 now, its going to be so cool.

And the new Walt Disney Pictures logo is awsome, I absolutely loved it.

dandaman said:
If you're talking about the very end (which I believe you are), then it was the exact same in our theatre last night. :lol:

Actually, my theater laughed and clapped at it. lol I guess it was the irony we all found funny. What an ending! I can't wait for #3..

CaptainMichael

wdwishes2005 said:
SPOILER. to read highlight the post.

I find it hard to believe that she would lock the person she loved the most to a railing to be eaten by a kraken.....
It was the only way for the rest of them to survive. The Kraken would have continued to hunt them, Jack was a marked man. Her facial expression showed that she was into it. Both things they said to each other on the ship leaving Tortuga came true....he said something about her falling in love with him, and she said something about him doing the right thing when the moment arrives.

I'm not into this whole spoiler warning thing. If you don't want spoilers, just avoid anything that says Pirates of the Carribean on it.:wave:

BrittanyRose428

DisneyDellsDude said:
1) Before the movie starts, look for the 'new' Disney Co. Sign. (I heard on here a while ago that they would have a new one; now I haven't seen the movie yet, so if this is wrong, someone plz tell.:wave: )

2) Look for Davey Jones and Jack and say "they're in the attraction now:D "

3) Look for the mayor dunking scene.

4) Stay after the credits for something that has to do with the attraction.:animwink:
(Heard that tip from Jason Surrell)

5) Enjoy the movie!!:)

And on this thread, vote (only once you've seen the movie) for weither you liked it or not. Just don't put any spoilers on here plz!!
I just got back from the theater and I left before the credits -_-

SteveUK

Wish I had left before the credits. About two and a half hours before the credits. Am I the only one who finds Depp's drunken/clumsy/cognitively impaired portrayal of Sparrow very tedious?

CaptainMichael

SteveUK said:
Wish I had left before the credits. About two and a half hours before the credits. Am I the only one who finds Depp's drunken/clumsy/cognitively impaired portrayal of Sparrow very tedious?
For me, Jack Sparrow is the best part of both movies.

Cheryl

The movie was awesome!:sohappy: Hands down, Jack Sparrow or Will Turner can save me anyday! :kiss:

Love the new Disney logo too! :D

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Think of all the possible posts by people who tend to adopt a contrary position on most subjects and guess what tack they will adopt to be different.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom