List of Resorts We have stayed at AND our FAVORITE?.......

Iteachwood

In 26 years of going to WDW we have stayed at LOTS of Resorts...many of them the first year they opened. Here is a list of resorts we have stayed.....AND OUR FAVORITE!

Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge
Contemporary
AllStar Music
All Star Sports
All Star Movies
Pop Century
Carribean
Port Orleans
Dixie Landing (Riverside)
Coranado
Beach Club
Boardwalk

AND OUR FAVORITE ALL TIME?............

POLYNESIAN....Just the most relaxing,Pretty,close to Magic Kingdom ( espec when kids young) Best Themed

YOUR LIST AND FAVORITE??

jennielee2015

Fort Wilderness Cabins (1997)
All Star Music (1998,1999,2000)
Caribbean Beach (2002, 2004, 2005)
POFQ (2001, 2003, 2008, 2009, upcoming May 2011)
Boardwalk Villas (2010)
Pop Century (2011)
All Star Sports (2011)

Favorite by far is the Boardwalk Villas. Loved being able to walk to Epcot, the balcony and kitchen were great too. We will only stay at BWV if we are staying for a week, for a shorter trip we prefer the moderates. I will never stay in a value resort again.

Upvote 0

PSUMike

My family and I only live about an hour away so we do about 5 trips/year. Here goes--hopefully I don't miss any.

All Star Sports--5X
Pop Century
All Star Movies
Old Key West
Golf Villas
Grand Floridian
Port Orleans Riverside--30+ Times (obviously our favorite moderate)
Coronado Springs--2X
Caribbean Beach--4X
Dolphin
Boardwalk Villas
Beach Club Villas
Wilderness Lodge--2X

Wilderness Lodge is my family's absolute favorite. Lobby and grounds are just beautiful and the pool is wonderful as well. We're spending 3 nights at AKL starting this Saturday. I'm hoping it's as great as everyone says.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

The Boardwalk
The Polynesian
Old Key West
Port Orleans French Quarter
The Beach Club

The Poly was always my favorite, but the Boardwalk has taken over the #1 spot. I love walking it at night. The pool is nice/themed well. Plus, being able to walk to 2 parks & Fantasia Gardens is great.

Upvote 0

Plowboy

In chronological order (I think):

Beach Club
Caribbean Beach
Dixie Landings (old name) 3X
Port Orleans French Quarter 3X
Beach Club Villas
Wilderness Lodge Villas
Old Key West
All Star Sports
Pop Century

Of all our stays I think we enjoyed the DVC facilities the most. Funny how a $300/nt room and the accompanying facilities/landscape/location will do that.

The OKW stay was especially pleasing because it was 2009 and it started out as All Star Sports and was bumped at no charge to a studio at OKW, then bumped to a 1 br and the night of our arrival bumped yet again to a 2 br. I keep hoping for something like that to happen again, but I've probably got a better chance of being struck by lightning on Feb 30.

Planning a Dec '11 trip right now and am having a hard time justifying anything more than a Value room ($100/nt). Even though the more expensive rooms are a nicer, in the end it's still just a place to shower and sleep. :snore:

Upvote 0

stitch8834

I'm soo jelous of all you lucky people who have been so often. From the UK each trip is very expensive, so have only been twice. Once off site, never again, and once at all stars movies, really liked it.

This year am planning to stay at pop century. Looking forward to it :animwink:

Upvote 0

juscet

All-Star Music
Old Key West
Caribbean Beach
All-Star Pop Century
Port Orleans Riverside

Favorite: Port Orleans Riverside (great theming, boat to Downtown Disney, great entertainment):)

Upvote 0

Scuttle

Poly- March 2010
Wilderness Lodge- May 2010
Contemporary- August 2010
Wilderness Lodge- January 2011

New to the resort stays, but have been a day guest for years and years. I also have to say that our favorite stay was the Contemporary trip and I'm not even sure why. I think mainly we loved the rooms at the contemp more than anything and let's face it there is just something magical and nostalgic about staying at the Poly or Contemp. Poly is my favorite resort, but our best trip was the Contemp.

Upvote 0

scottnj1966

Polynesian
Contemporary
Wilderness Lodge
Wilderness Lodge Vills
Grand Floridian
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Saratoga Springs
Old Key West
Coronado Springs
Port Orleans Riverside
Port Orleans French Quarter
Yacht Club
Pop Century
All Star Music

I too love the Polynesian.
But there are many close seconds, hard to choose.
French Quarter is my best choice for Moderate and for Value, Pop Century.

http://www.bigfloridacountry.com/theresorts.htm

Upvote 0

Mikester71

I've stayed at:
Pop Century (2005)
Pop Century (2007)
Pop Century (2009)
Pop Century (2011)

and now for my favourite (wait for it, wait for it)...............Pop Century!!!! :lookaroun:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

JEANYLASER

Contemporary
Pop Century(2x)
All-Star Music(2x)
All-star Movies
Caribbean Beach
Port Orleans Riverside

and Now my favorite ( Wait for it, Wait for it).............. POFQ!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
In order starting with my favorite:

Old Key West ~ Probably just irrational favoritism because it is our home resort and holds the most memories.

Boardwalk Villas ~ Not accounting for sentimental memories this would be #1. Epcot is our favorite park. Food and Wine our favorite time to visit. JellyRolls our favorite place to have a drink. It has literally everything we could want. Great Resort.

Cabins @Fort Wilderness ~ So much fun to have our own little house at WDW. The in resort transportation can be a problem. But it is easily remedied by springing for a golf cart. I would not hesitate to stay here again once we have some youngins.

The Dolphin ~ For all the same reasons I named above. Plus the cabana bar at the pool there. Many a hot afternoon was wasted away lounging by that pool enjoying ice cold buckets of beer. A perfect respit from the suffocating heat of WDW in July.

Poly ~ This resort is gorgeous, the rooms are large, it is around the corner from the happiest place on earth. It should be on paper, the #1 choice. Looking back on my trips though, this resort just does not stand out above the others.

Contemporary ~ Stayed in the tower. I was so excited to be staying at the Contemporary, and then I was so disappointed. It just was very unimpressive. I think my views might be skewed by the fact that I had such high hopes going in. Maybe had I had no expectations I may feel differently.

All Star Sports ~ Stayed here with a HS wrestling team I was coaching. What a disaster this place is. It is equivalent to a HoJo, and that is not a compliment. I will never again stay at a value resort. I would rather not be able to go to WDW at all then stay at a value.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Riverside: Favorite!
All Star Music, Movies and Sports
Pop Century
Fort Wilderness Cabin
Caribbean Beach-Pirate Room
Next year, want to try the Art of Animation!

Never off property, never deluxe, can't justify the cost/benefits either way!

Upvote 0

mommyrosa2

Downtown Disney area Resort, 1997
ASMusic, 2005
Pop Century, 2007
Coronado, 2009
AKL, 2010

I liked Coronado the best of all so far but we are going to try Beach Club in October of this year and can't wait. :)

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Poly - twice
Coronado Springs
Carribean Beach
Contemporary - 3 times
Port Orleans Riverside

My favorite resort - the Contemporary hands down. Would like to stay at the Boardwalk someday, though.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Deluxe
Yacht Club 7x
Beach Club 2x
BoardWalk Inn 4x
Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge
WDW Dolphin 2x

Moderate
Caribbean Beach 14x
Dixie Landings

Value
Pop Century
All-Star Movies 2x

M FAVORITE is Yacht Club, easily. Yet my SENTIMENTAL FAVORITE is Caribbean Beach--so many great family memories.:cool:

Upvote 0

mickey's mamu

Caribbean Beach
Old Key West
Polynesian
Contemporary
Boardwalk Inn
Wilderness Lodge
Grand Floridian
Port Orleans French Quarter - favorite moderate
Beach Club - all time favorite

Next September - Ft. Wilderness Cabins

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom