List of Resorts We have stayed at AND our FAVORITE?.......

Iteachwood

In 26 years of going to WDW we have stayed at LOTS of Resorts...many of them the first year they opened. Here is a list of resorts we have stayed.....AND OUR FAVORITE!

Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge
Contemporary
AllStar Music
All Star Sports
All Star Movies
Pop Century
Carribean
Port Orleans
Dixie Landing (Riverside)
Coranado
Beach Club
Boardwalk

AND OUR FAVORITE ALL TIME?............

POLYNESIAN....Just the most relaxing,Pretty,close to Magic Kingdom ( espec when kids young) Best Themed

YOUR LIST AND FAVORITE??

riogirl

Contemporary (Tower and Wings) 3xs

Lake Buena Vista (2xs as a kid)

Caribbean Beach

Coronado Springs

Wilderness Lodge (Aug 2011)- I am hoping this is my fave!

Upvote 0

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Contemporary (Not since 1987)
Boardwalk (Not since 1996)
Beach Club (Not since 1994)
Pop Century (2010)
All Star Sports (Not since 1996)

My favorite is Beach Club for several reasons: Walking distance to EPCOT, boat to MGM. Sand-bottom pool & kickass slide! Beaches & Cream!!

Upvote 0
Here's our list

Pop Century(2004,2007)
Caribbean Beach Resort (2005)
All Star Music (2008)
All Star Sports (2010)

Our Favorite would have to be POP. After trying a few others and not liking them as much, we decided we will be staying at POP for our next few trips.

Upvote 0

daisysimone

French quarter
Contemporary
Coronado
All star movies
Ft. Wilderness (2x)
Yacht Club
Beach Club
Caribbean Beach
All star music
Riverside
Boardwalk
Pop Century
Saratoga Springs - treehouse villas
It's sooo hard to pick a favorite. I will have to go with the treehouse villas as we are a family of six (soon to be seven) and finally did not feel squished! Also, having a kitchen to cook meals in was awesome as 5 of us are vegetarians and 2 very picky eaters. The pizza delivery was the best pizza I have had in a long time. We always say Disneyworld is our home away from home and the treehouses really are just like a home. Ft Wilderness would be the runner up as there is soooo much fun stuff to do there (pony rides, hoop de doo revue, wagon rides, campfire singalong, movies under the stars, etc.)

Upvote 0

NiarrNDisney

All Star Music
Coronado Springs
Polynesian
Pop Century
Shades of Green

And 3 DTD Resorts

Double Tree
Hilton
Holiday Inn

My favorite Resort I have stayed at is the Coronado Springs
and as for the DTD Resorts I like the Hilton

Upvote 0

scorp111

AKL
AKL Kidani Village
Wilderness Lodge
Wilderness Lodge Villas
Contemporary
Fort Wilderness
Port Orleans Riverside
Coronado Springs
Caribbean Beach
Old Key West
Saratoga Springs
Beach Club
Yacht Club
Swan
Dolphin
Pop Century
All Star Movies
All Star Music

All since 2004....

Staying at POFQ for the first time next weekend.

Favorite would have to be Wilderness Lodge for me, and my wife would say Animal Kingdom lodge.

We bought DVC 4 years ago, but still stay in resorts for weekend trips too.

Upvote 0

Meeko's Mom

Favorites would be:
1) Ft. Wilderness :animwink:
2) Contemporary Tower (overlooking Magic Kindom-of course)
3) Saratoga Springs (our home resort)

I would love to try Wilderness Lodge, Bay Lake Towers and Animal Kingdom ...

25 days and counting..... April 15-21 SSR and Tree House Villas

Upvote 0

YankeeMouse

80 resort trips.

Poly
Contemporary
Beach Club
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Wilderness Lodge
PO French Quarter
PO Riverside
Caribbean Beach Resort

Favorite is AKL for it's unique feeling of being on the savanna with the animals.

Upvote 0

Disneydreamer23

All Star Sports 2008
Pop Centry 2008 2009 2009 2010 2010
and ALl star movies in 2011
I DO LOVE POP BUT WE ALWAYS GO WITH MY PARENTS EVERY YR 2 TIMES A YEAR AND ALWAYS STAY AT POP I WANTED THIS TIME TO BE SPECIAL FOR OUR HONEY MOON SO I PICKED ALL STAR MOVIES. WHY NOT A BETTER RESORT FOR A HONEYMOON YOU MIGHT ASK? Well I am 22 my fiance 23 on April 1st we are having a 400 person wedding consiting of around 13,000 and 4,000 for our vacay my fiance has been saving for 6 yrs! He said he knew he loved me the dayhe met me (well be together 7 yrs in June) I decicided I would rather stay 10-11 days at a value then 7 days ata moderate etc and i love the huge characters ! Cant wait to go!!
ALSO does any one have any ideas for pets? I have 3 dogs and they are the loves of my life MIckey, Minnie and Tinkerbell (mikey is a rottweiler , Minnie is a great dane masticc, tinkerbell is a pomeranian) last yr they were put in the pet smart hotel does any one else in the Illinois area have any ideas for me?

Upvote 0

IndyDisney

CBR
Dixie Landings
POFQ (3x)
WL (2x)
Boardwalk
Poly
Pop

Favorite is probably a tie between Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge. WL has terrific theming, great pool, laid back atmosphere and is close to MK. Boardwalk was great. Loved the fact that there was so much to do nightly and the proximity to EPCOT and MGM. Frankly, I haven't had a bad stay anywhere. Each resort had it's own positives. I love staying at new places. We're hoping for a summer room-only discount so we can upgrade to AKL - Savannah room, but not holding our breath.

Cheers,
Indy

Upvote 0

MadMax11

Polynesian
Contemporary
Wilderness Lodge
Old Key West
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Treehouse (1991)

Hard to pick a favorite, but Old Key West really does feel like home to me.

Upvote 0

tmstephe

Gosh, look at these huge lists... It seems like practically everyone goes every year. I hope you all realize how lucky you are! I live in Iowa, so a trip to WDW is something that takes a great deal of planning and saving.

I went to WDW with my parents when I was in high school and we stayed at the Polynesian. I thought it was amazing and wish I could afford to take my kids there. My wife and I have scrimped and saved to make a trip to WDW and have stayed at two mods: CBR and POR.

I really loved the theme/design of each. If I had to pick one, I'd go with POR simply because I love the lush pathways and the food court is awesome. If I had the money, I'd really like to try WL. We're planning on going in 2014, so who knows what will happen by then!

Upvote 0

yoyoflamingo

Contemporary (and Bay Lake Tower)
Saratoga Springs
Dolphin
Wilderness Lodge
Caribbean Beach
Pop Century
All Star Movies
Dixie Landings/Port Orleans Riverside
Port Orleans/Port Orleans French Quarter
Boardwalk Villas (1 night only)
Coronado Springs
Polynesian

Favorite would have to be a tie between Wilderness Lodge and Bay Lake Tower (home resort). The Wilderness Lodge has such great theming, but there is something about the excitement of the Contemporary, and even added that you have Bay Lake Tower as your home...

Upvote 0

grumpy 07

I've stayed at:

all star sports and movies
port orleans
pop century
animal kindgom lodge
boardwalk villas
old key west
saratoga springs

And my favorite one is animal kingdom lodge, between the decor, pool dining options and savannah view rooms, it wins against the hotels listed here.

Upvote 0

disneylemons

Wilderness Cabins -had a toddler that needed space to run
Contemporary - Club level - don't care for the 'non theme'
Poly - Club level - sooo relaxing! esp fireworks on the beach
Wilderness Lodge - great theme - love Whispering Canyon
Grand Floridian - not me
Boardwalk - just me and the hubby - nice..:)
Port Orleans - French Quarter - cool!
All Star Movies - Cute!
Bay Lake Towers - 9 of us this time - 2 bdrm suite - was great!

I think I would say Poly would be my favorite with WL a close second..:)

Upvote 0

Foolish Mortal

Contemporary 1x (when I was 6)
Dixie Landings/Riverside 17x
All Star Movies 3x
All Star Sports 1x
POP 3x
Polynesian 2x

Favorite without question is The Poly. Peaceful/relaxing, location, monorail. Just wish they would bring back the old background loop or combine it with the new one.

Upvote 0

JEANYLASER

I've stayed at:
All Star Music (2x)
All Star Movies
Pop(2X)
Contemporary
Caribbean Beach

Favorite resort
Polynesian
now my favorite is Polynesian because of the beautiful island surroundings and shops and dining including Ohana's!

Upvote 0

petey

All about coronado springs!!!

Hello All. I will be staying @ CSR in the middle of July, for the first time. I have been spoiled by previously staying @ either AKL or WL. I understand this resort is large & spread out (not as much as CBR). I have booked a
preferred room (thru my travel agent) and she has requested Casitas
#3, which is I am told is near the restaurants ,bus stop (El Centro) and a
quite pool. Could I please get some feedback from you the experts who
have stayed there. Also how far (in time) is it from AKL, as I may hang out a few nights at Victoria Falls & eat @ Sanaa or Boma. How is the bus
service, and any opinions on the Pepper Market & Maya Grill are also appreciated. Oh I forgot how long does it take to get to the different
parks from CSR. I know I am asking allot because it will be the first time staying here. Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom