List of Resorts We have stayed at AND our FAVORITE?.......

Iteachwood

In 26 years of going to WDW we have stayed at LOTS of Resorts...many of them the first year they opened. Here is a list of resorts we have stayed.....AND OUR FAVORITE!

Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge
Contemporary
AllStar Music
All Star Sports
All Star Movies
Pop Century
Carribean
Port Orleans
Dixie Landing (Riverside)
Coranado
Beach Club
Boardwalk

AND OUR FAVORITE ALL TIME?............

POLYNESIAN....Just the most relaxing,Pretty,close to Magic Kingdom ( espec when kids young) Best Themed

YOUR LIST AND FAVORITE??

Sassagoula-Rvr

All Star Movies (once)
PO-R (once)
Contemporary (once)
Caribbean Beach Resort (once)
Port Orleans French Quarter (4 times with another this year)

Far and away POFQ is my favorite resort....Caribbean Beach wasn't bad but WAY too spread out imo, if you stay there try to get a room near main pool/food court then it would be pretty good.

But POFQ is so compact....and so laid back and relaxed love the atmosphere.

And honestly the way this year is going I am just trying to grind out the last remainder of this semester lol....cannot WAIT to be down at POFQ.

Upvote 0

Disneyfan1981

Stayed at the CBR, CSR, AKL, SSR (enough acronyms for you? :D), Contemporary and Polynesian and I have to say that the Poly is by far our favorite. We stay in Rapa Nui whenever we can and it was literally a couple of minutes from the TTC so we were off to Epcot and Magic Kingdom really quick. I definitely only want to stay there from now on even I want to try the other Deluxe resorts but whenever I get the choice, I find myself heading there.

Upvote 0

Yanks07

Old Key West - 3 stays
Saratoga Springs- 1 and done
Port Orleans- 1 stay
Beach Club and Villas- A lot
Boardwalk Inn and Villas- More than a lot
Yacht Club- 1 stay

Boardwalk is my Fav. and is the only place the kids want to stay. Hope to try some others someday but we are EPCOT Geeks.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

poly (club level) x2
grand floridian (main building club level) x2
wilderness lodge
port orleans french quarter x3 soon to be 4 (favorite moderate)
contemporary (club level)
caribbean beach resort
boardwalk inn (club level)
allstar movies

my favorites were the gf and poly but i with the economy the past few years it's just not been do-able for us so we've been staying at our absolute favorite moderate pofq.

would never want to stay again at allstar movies (the room was so run down i felt like i was at a no tell motel) but the cm's etc... were great. we had our only negative resort experience at bwi so not likely to book there again any time soon but the resort itself was beautiful.

Upvote 0

2gether

Villas Wilderness Lodge

Saratoga Springs (x3)
Treehouse Villas
Caribbean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Contemporary (wing)
Villas Wilderness Lodge

We loved the Wilderness Lodge: themeing is great and access via boat to MK were the kickers. We stayed at the Treehouse Villas in December and they were really great. The floorplan etc. is excellent and lots of space. Those two are our favorites.

We are staying at Animal Kingdom Villa (Kidani) in October and are really looking forward to it. Also would like to stay at the Beach Club and Bay Lake Towers.

Upvote 0

DisneyparkFreak

2004 - Grand Floridian
2005 - CBR
2006 - CSR
2008 - POP Century
2009 - AS Music
2010 - French Quarter
2011* - Maybe Offsite or POP again

My favorite was Coronado Springs... My wife's is POP. when it comes to a resort all you need is a place to rest your head. I have never had a BAD bed in any of the resorts.

Upvote 0

SiriusBlack

Wilderness Lodge
Grand Caribbean
Port Orleans - French Quarter
All Star Sports
All Star Movies

It depends on the day what my answer will be, but it's between the Wilderness Lodge and POFQ. Each are amazingly themed in their own ways. I did like that POFQ had a real cafeteria on site, but I also loved WL's restaurants. Each are small enough to get around easily, and size is a big determinant for me since the large resorts can be frustrating at the end of a log summer day.

Upvote 0
Contemporary
Polynesian
Old Key West
Beach Club
Tree House
Ft. Wilderness
Grand Floridian

Of that list its a close tie between Polynesian and Beach Club. I liked the close proximity of Epcot to the Beach Club, so on that trip we got a lot of dinning reservations in World Showcase. Polynesian has great rooms and a great atmosphere - plus the monorail.

Next trip (this December) we are staying at Wilderness Lodge, so the list might change

Upvote 0

SamtheDisneyGuy

Off-Site(2), and will never do again
Contemporary(1)
Polynesian(1)
Saratoga Springs(2)
Old Key West(3)
Beach Clubs(2)
Dolphin(1)
Boardwalk(6)

Every resort has its perks but for me and my family our favorite is the Boardwalk. It has so much to do at night, and is a short walk to Epcot and a boat ride to Hollywood Studios. It has great dining and game and really whatever you could want. Plus an awesome pool.

We also like to stay at Old Key West and Saratoga Springs, but we don't like how Old Key West is so secluded from everything and there are like 6 stops inside the resort. Saratoga is the same way as far as the stops go, but it is just a short walk from Downtown Disney which is great.

Upvote 0

Mukta

POFQ (2005, 2006)

Beach Club (2007, 2008, 2009, Sept 2011)

Pop (2010)

Beach Club is my favorite by far. When I walked in the doors for the first time, I knew I was home. I think that everyone has a different hotel that suits them. I am just grateful to be able to visit mine every year.

Upvote 0

alawrence

Wilderness Lodge (Very first trip for my honeymoon...13 Days!!!)
Caribbean Beach
All Star Movies
Pop Century (3 Times)

My favorite...
By Far...Wilderness Lodge. (No surprise huh?)

I just took my first trip in 2007 so, hopefully my list looks like some of yours in 20+ years!!!

Upvote 0

chucknstuff

All that and a bag of chips...

Since 1971 - I can say that I have stayed at all the resorts to include the old Disney Inn and as it is know now Shades of Green (stayed there as well, I am prior military).

Here is a twist to the thread:
Have you eaten at all the resort/park reastaurants/counter service???

I will be able to say that this year as we eat at the new Mexican and Italian restaurants.

:drevil:

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

Fort Wilderness (Pup Tent)
Off-site
Contemporary (Garden Wing)
Port Orleans Riverside
Wilderness Lodge

I won't stay offsite again and my wife won't tolerate a pup tent. We loved the Contemporary for its access to the monorail. The Wilderness Lodge was wonderful and so scenic. However, due to cost, I would have to say POR. Thankfully, the bus lines were short when we were there and it is extremely relaxing to stay there. As someone else mentioned, it felt like home. Our next trip may include a stay at the Caribbean or Coronado unless I give in to my personal wishes and stay at POR again.

Upvote 0

DisneyRunner

My favorite is POR. The rest of my family likes POFQ.
Our list is:
POP, 50's
POP, 90's
POR, Mansion
CSR/POFQ
ASMusic, Broadway
POR, Bayou/ASMusic, Country
Hoping to return to POP in August

Upvote 0

dreamscometrue

All Star Movies
POP Century (3 times)
Wilderness Lodge Villas
Coronado Springs (twice)
Port Orleans:Riverside
Saratoga Springs
Boardwalk Villas
Animal Kingdom Villas (3 times)
Bay Lake Tower

We've enjoyed all our stays and love elements of each resort. However, our fav is the AKL Villas, both the lodge (Jambo House) and Kidani. It's such a peaceful place to relax after a buy day in the parks. We also love the theming, artwork, cultural representatives, savannahs (of course), the pools and all 3 of the restaurants are near the top of our list.

Having said all that, we often split our stays between AKL Villas and another resort to get 2 complete different experiences during our vacation. One of the best 'splits' for us is B.L.T. and A.K.L. Villas...it contrasts the kinetic energy of being near MK (fireworks, monorail, Bay Lake, etc.), with the complete serenity of sitting out in a rocking chair at night with a drink and hearing only crickets and a crackling fire.

Upvote 0

WDWLocal

Even when we live here its been nice just to stay on property and only being 30 minutes away from home
2009-Coronado Springs
2010-Port Orleans

My favorite has to be Port Orleans because the atmosphere is really nice and the layout of the rooms was really cool. The pool was really nice and the arcade is hefty for anytime your stuck at the resort at midnight.

Upvote 0

lbrad

I loved AKL !!! Esp. the Savannah's.
However can't afford that one anymore.
My new fav is POFQ!!! Trying CS in the fall :sohappy:

Upvote 0

Edeyore

In 26 years of going to WDW we have stayed at LOTS of Resorts...many of them the first year they opened. Here is a list of resorts we have stayed.....AND OUR FAVORITE!

Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge
Contemporary
AllStar Music
All Star Sports
All Star Movies
Pop Century
Carribean
Port Orleans
Dixie Landing (Riverside)
Coranado
Beach Club
Boardwalk

AND OUR FAVORITE ALL TIME?............

POLYNESIAN....Just the most relaxing,Pretty,close to Magic Kingdom ( espec when kids young) Best Themed

YOUR LIST AND FAVORITE??

How do I put this? I love you and hate you all at the same time. I want to be you, but am so jealous I can bearly stand it. By the way I agree on the Polynesian being number one!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom