Lions Gate in talks for Hunger Games theme park attraction

jrriddle

Original Poster
From Deadline:

This was one of a few interesting tid-bits that CEO Jon Feltheimer dropped in his conference call with analysts this morning. The studio’s been “approached in two territories about potential theme park opportunities” for the action film franchise, he says. “We’re pursuing them.” The company has no additional info.

I'm guessing this is Universal and not Disney. Any input from the insiders?

R W B

@GLaDOS, Basically the article said an entire theme park based on Hunger Games?? That would never make it lol.

I don't even know what they would actually do for a hunger games ride lol.

WDWYankee15

This sounds like a terrible idea, for any park. We know kids like this stuff, but kids killing kids is not family friendly. I see no good attractions for that idea.
Well you could put a Silence of the Lambs Restaurant in the Hunger Games park. You get to kill your own fellow park guest and then enjoy them with a side of fava beans and a nice chianti.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
CNBC was just scoffing at the idea, questioning if the premise of Hunger Games works in a theme park. They noted the success of HP but questions arose on how to make a theme park based on the IP minus all the killing. The main part of the story is the killing competition. It could still work but I'd be interested to see what they do. Te movie was very good though... I'd love to get a drink with Ms. Lawrence as well.

doctornick

Obviously not a fit for Disney and would be a strech for Uni as well. If an existing theme park is looking at it as an addition, it would be more likely to be Six Flags or maybe Cedar Point.

Or it might be for some group outside the US.

Either way not relevent to Disney.

DocMcHulk

CNBC was just scoffing at the idea, questioning if the premise of Hunger Games works in a theme park. They noted the success of HP but questions arose on how to make a theme park based on the IP minus all the killing. The main part of the story is the killing competition. It could still work but I'd be interested to see what they do. Te movie was very good though... I'd love to get a drink with Ms. Lawrence as well.
Murder and Revolution... family fun for everyone!

Sped2424

Sounds like neither. Another report from a more reputable site says the quote was that "investors" were looking to start a Hunger Games theme park.
YAS LET THE FOLKS LOSE AND THE LAST ONE STANDING GETS A FAST PASS
tumblr_m7njl6i72o1qhwrcvo2_500.gif

Truly a for all ages attraction if I ever heard of one!

bgraham34

I wasn't really a fan of Harry Potter but I am less of a fan of Hunger Games. That will not have the staying power that Harry has.

Dfan48

For the love of God could someone stop Disney for doing another franchise, they have too many franchise in their company

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom