Lion King Show Will it return?

EricsBiscuit

I always thought a modified very on Indy would have been possible. It's a large theater and semi-outdoors. They would probably have to cut the hand to hand combat but that still leaves a lot of stuff that could be done.
They don’t have to. Uni has the totally posterior kicking Bourne stunt show and they have plenty of fights.

RSoxNo1

I always thought a modified very on Indy would have been possible. It's a large theater and semi-outdoors. They would probably have to cut the hand to hand combat but that still leaves a lot of stuff that could be done.
Personally, I think Indy has run its course. The production side of DHS is largely gone except for this show and it takes up a huge amount of real estate. Having said that, in order to spread out crowds, this wouldn't be the area of the park I would develop next. I think that needs to be the Animation Courtyard area.

nickys

Premium Member
“These shows” meaning the shows as is? Correct they cannot operate safely.

But the theaters could all be running with modified shows if Disney had the desire to do so.
Do we need to re-post Martin’s post again?

It’s the space for all the technicians that’s the problem. You still need a crew to put on a show. Even if they bring the crew back, there isn’t the space backstage ....... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

What part of this is not getting through? Maybe there’s a rogue translator that’s at work and his reply is showing in Greek. 🙄

nickys

Premium Member
Yes... I don’t disagree with Martin. The shows can’t run as is, the shows would neen to be modified. There was a plan to do so.
Saying the shows would need to be modified suggests it’s the staging that’s the issue.

If there isn’t room backstage for all the techs then it’s hard to see what they could do except put up temporary partitions to shrink the stage and give them more space to work with. But that only accounts for roles like the SMS, ASMs, set, props who need to be right at the wings. It doesn’t account for all the other techs who are needed.

TrainsOfDisney

Saying the shows would need to be modified suggests it’s the staging that’s the issue.

If there isn’t room backstage for all the techs then it’s hard to see what they could do except put up temporary partitions to shrink the stage and give them more space to work with. But that only accounts for roles like the SMS, ASMs, set, props who need to be right at the wings. It doesn’t account for all the other techs who are needed.
Ahh I think you’re focusing on my use of the word staging. The show would need to be adapted. I was using the word “restage” to apply to both on stage and off stage.

I’m a lighting designer, I’m very familiar with the amount of crew needed for a production.

nickys

Premium Member
Ahh I think you’re focusing on my use of the word staging. The show would need to be adapted. I was using the word “restage” to apply to both on stage and off stage.

I’m a lighting designer, I’m very familiar with the amount of crew needed for a production.
Yep, I was mis-understanding. Sorry.

aliceismad

I never realized that Disney world's theatrical staff were part of a separate union that contracts with Disney. Does Universal also have a contract like this?

TinkerTara

Lion King is my favorite theater show. I look forward to the day when it returns. Having been in theater I remember how intimate back stage can get. It will be exciting when it can finally run again safely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom