Lion King Show Will it return?

wdrive

Uh where did you get that from? My point being if every attraction can find room to hold all of their cast members there’s no reason why a show with less people than most major attractions (including techs) can’t run.

1. There’s not necessarily more cast members on an attraction than a show.
2. Attractions generally have a larger foot print than a theater, thus more distanced cast members. Think of where cast are stationed on Thunder Mountain compared to staging of FOLK.
3. Backstage isn’t big enough to socially distance in most theatres

I really think you’re underestimating the amount of people who work on these shows.

Armerius

Would it be safe to say that shows will return once all show staff receive a vaccine?
no, because the problem its not the staff..but the people that cram together to watch the show in those damn uncomfortable sits, (btw my is in pain in there). and even with everyone using the masks correctly ( never happens) in close proximity and in a closed up space (theatre) , covid spread is garantied.

mk1971

no, because the problem its not the staff..but the people that cram together to watch the show in those damn uncomfortable sits, (btw my *** is in pain in there). and even with everyone using the masks correctly ( never happens) in close proximity and in a closed up space (theatre) , covid spread is garantied.
Were you reading this thread?

DisneyDebRob

no, because the problem its not the staff..but the people that cram together to watch the show in those damn uncomfortable sits, (btw my *** is in pain in there). and even with everyone using the masks correctly ( never happens) in close proximity and in a closed up space (theatre) , covid spread is garantied.
A lot to unpack here..

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The only indoor “show” Universal has going is the new Bourne Stunt show
Horror make up show is running. Including still bringing an audience member onstage to participate. Tiny stage even for two to three people.

Also for whatever it’s worth, probably not much, but Poseidon’s Fury was open for a good bit after reopening.

All of which do have those tech peeps and all.

HarperRose

Can’t they be next to each other for that one number? Like the princesses stand close by without masks. Mickey and Minnie are sitting next to each other in the mini-parades. At Universal they have the Scooby Gang standing grouped together as they wear masks.
Mickey and Minnie have their entire heads covered. :rolleyes:

discman

Horror make up show is running. Including still bringing an audience member onstage to participate. Tiny stage even for two to three people.

Also for whatever it’s worth, probably not much, but Poseidon’s Fury was open for a good bit after reopening.

Horror Makeup...2-3 visual cast along with support staff.
FOLK... 10 character dancers, 4 singers, 4 monkeys, 2 equity dancers, 1 hyena, 4 stilt walkers, 4 puppeteers. Along with the most important people, the support staff technicians, Stage Management, Costuming, Maintenence Choreographers...
Do you see where this is going? You can't just set up a tent away from the venue for these disciplines to work together.
Logistically these shows cannot operate safely even if they were restaged for the naked eye because of the backstage logistics.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
FOLK... 10 character dancers, 4 singers, 4 monkeys, 2 equity dancers, 1 hyena, 4 stilt walkers, 4 puppeteers. Along with the most important people, the support staff technicians, Stage Management, Costuming, Maintenence Choreographers...
Do you see where this is going? You can't just set up a tent away from the venue for these disciplines to work together.
Logistically these shows cannot operate safely even if they were restaged for the naked eye because of the backstage logistics.
I was only stating that Bourne isn’t/wasn’t the only indoor show open. (-:

Disney Analyst

Ooh, I thought I had read that Horror Makeup wasn’t running, my bad.

TrainsOfDisney

“These shows” meaning the shows as is? Correct they cannot operate safely.

But the theaters could all be running with modified shows if Disney had the desire to do so.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

... and these are people who got bent out of shape when sweaty costumes touched clean ones backstage.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
“These shows” meaning the shows as is? Correct they cannot operate safely.

But the theaters could all be running with modified shows if Disney had the desire to do so.

I always thought a modified very on Indy would have been possible. It's a large theater and semi-outdoors. They would probably have to cut the hand to hand combat but that still leaves a lot of stuff that could be done.

mm52200

Once again there were plans for modified shows. Equity was called back. Then there were disputes. Those modified shows didn’t happen.
Equity and Disney came to terms in the fall but the modified shows still haven’t happened. It’s literally Disney’s call and whenever they want to bring things back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom