Lion King Show Will it return?

wdrive

Little Mermaid has what 7-8 actually performers? Seems pretty much the same for Frozen which is running. Way less than Bourne.
So you think the performers drive to work, park their car, clock in, walk onto the stage and start singing?

And performers aren’t the only essential people for a show to run

TrainsOfDisney

Little Mermaid has what 7-8 actually performers? Seems pretty much the same for Frozen which is running. Way less than Bourne.
Little mermaid could easily be re-staged with fewer performers if needed. Ursula requires 2 puppeteers so she would have to be up on the screen but that’s doable.

SoFloMagic

Okay and my break room at work can technically hold 7 people yet there’s always at least 20 of us at a time since we have usually 60-70 workers in our small facility at once. They can make it work if they wanted to.
They can't have 30 maskless people in a room right now with no distancing. And if you're speaking of present times, your work shouldn't do that either.

mm52200

And Universal is still able to continue their show with tons of performers and nighttime spectacular due to ??? Magic?
Disney has taken the position that they don’t want any performer wearing masks. Take that as you will. Therefore any offering requires reblocking of performers spaced out six feet.
Universal is fine with masking their performers. Hence why other offerings have continued there.

MissingDisney

Okay and my break room at work can technically hold 7 people yet there’s always at least 20 of us at a time since we have usually 60-70 workers in our small facility at once. They can make it work if they wanted to.
I’m glad they don’t “want to“. Me seeing a show at Disney is not more important than any of those cast members lives or their families lives.

I’m also very sorry for you, that you have to work in such conditions. That’s not safe, masked up or not.

Stay well.

Brer Panther

Kind of depressing to think that if those shows don't come back, we're gonna have a bunch of empty theaters. Disney World's got a lot of unused spaces now, doesn't it?
Only show open rn I can think of is Frozen Sing a Long?
Because of course the Frozen show is the only show still there.

JoeCamel

Kind of depressing to think that if those shows don't come back, we're gonna have a bunch of empty theaters. Disney World's got a lot of unused spaces now, doesn't it?

Because of course the Frozen show is the only show still there.
Be just like going to Universal...... :joyfull: :joyfull:

MrConbon

So you think the performers drive to work, park their car, clock in, walk onto the stage and start singing?

And performers aren’t the only essential people for a show to run
Uh where did you get that from? My point being if every attraction can find room to hold all of their cast members there’s no reason why a show with less people than most major attractions (including techs) can’t run.

MrConbon

Little mermaid could easily be re-staged with fewer performers if needed. Ursula requires 2 puppeteers so she would have to be up on the screen but that’s doable.
Can’t they be next to each other for that one number? Like the princesses stand close by without masks. Mickey and Minnie are sitting next to each other in the mini-parades. At Universal they have the Scooby Gang standing grouped together as they wear masks.

TrainsOfDisney

Can’t they be next to each other for that one number? Like the princesses stand close by without masks. Mickey and Minnie are sitting next to each other in the mini-parades. At Universal they have the Scooby Gang standing grouped together as they wear masks.
I’m not sure. They could be masked inside the puppet but not sure if that would be a deal breaker or not. I’m assuming there is a “b” mode for the show if the puppet can’t be used anyways.

YodaMan

Is that only for equity? It looked like cavalcade performers weren’t always spaced 6’ but I’m just seeing on video so maybe they were?

Also are cavalcade still happening?

Cavalcades are still happening. And I’m gonna say the videos are probably deceiving based on the angle. In person, I have yet to see any performer within 6 feet of each other (Equity or otherwise). Disney is pretty firm on NO mask, YES distance for all their performers.

TrainsOfDisney

Cavalcades are still happening. And I’m gonna say the videos are probably deceiving based on the angle. In person, I have yet to see any performer within 6 feet of each other (Equity or otherwise). Disney is pretty firm on NO mask, YES distance for all their performers.
Thanks! Was thinking that could be the case.

MrConbon

Was just there this afternoon. Mickey and Minnie were definitely close to each other. Same with the princesses I’ve seen at MK. Would rather have masks for the charecters. I see no reason why Disney is so against it.

mm52200

Is that only for equity? It looked like cavalcade performers weren’t always spaced 6’ but I’m just seeing on video so maybe they were?

Also are cavalcade still happening?
Cavalcade performers are supposed to be six feet apart. Whether that is maintained or not while on route by the performers perfectly...is up for debate.

Characters are also spaced. The ground of the train station where they do pop up sets is marked with spots for each of them to stand spaced out accordingly.

Disney Analyst

The only indoor “show” Universal has going is the new Bourne Stunt show; and I believe that is only because they were so close to opening before the initial closure; they weren’t going to not open it.

The other performances they have are outdoor related performances, and Disney has maintained several of their outdoor performances in all parks apart from DHS which just has the cavalcades (I believe?).

Id really be interested in a side by side of offerings, I have a feeling they are pretty close. And it will always be easier for Universal to maintain with only two parks and a whole lot less team members.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom