Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

Brer Panther

Thats the main storyline of the movie.

The rides and land of Pandora don't follow the plot of the film AVATAR, nor does it feature any of those characters. Many IP based rides new and old aren't beat for beat re-tellings of the original medium.
Some do like Little Mermaid or Peter Pan.
Some are new stories that expand upon the original concept. I hope this helps.
I expect the Encanto ride will be a sequel to the movie that basically just rehashes the movie a la Frozen Ever After. I'd be shocked if they didn't sing "We Don't Talk About Bruno" at one point.

SilentWindODoom

This is such a reductive and obtuse argument for why Zootopia fits. I'm not really a fan of the IP but I have nothing against it either. The Aristocats are about animals, Turning Red is about an animal, Animal Farm is about animals - would those make equal sense?

What I was against is a vibrant metropolitan city being dumped into Animal Kingdom. Not even talking about the rides or contents of the lands, the current "Tropical Americas" concept is objectively and obviously a much better aesthetic fit for the park than what they were proposing before. The same way Avatar was despite also having nothing to do with animals.

While the blindness to the ability of the IP to teach about animal behavior and habitat has confused me, I'd never heard someone mention how much the urban environment would clash with the overall aesthetic and message of the park. That is a good point, although one could theme the building and area to the more lush palm-infested areas of Sahara Square as a gateway to the rest of the city. 🤔

James Alucobond

While the blindness to the ability of the IP to teach about animal behavior and habitat has confused me, I'd never heard someone mention how much the urban environment would clash with the overall aesthetic and message of the park. That is a good point, although one could theme the building and area to the more lush palm-infested areas of Sahara Square as a gateway to the rest of the city. 🤔
I don’t think any of the film’s settings work regardless of how relatively urban they are mostly because you would have to populate them with anthropomorphic human-acting (for the most part) animals, which is explicitly off-theme for Animal Kingdom. With a Tree of Life show, they’re at least potentially able to pass off the Zootopia characters as hosts for a singular attraction that could conceivably be more focused around biomes rather than the content of the source film (kind of like how Tough to Be a Bug pulls very little from A Bug’s Life), but I don’t think a Zootopia land should ever be in the cards for AK.

Tha Realest

I expect the Encanto ride will be a sequel to the movie that basically just rehashes the movie a la Frozen Ever After. I'd be shocked if they didn't sing "We Don't Talk About Bruno" at one point.
Making an Encanto attraction without “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” would be like making a PatF attraction without “Friends on the Other Side.”

FigmentJedi

Making an Encanto attraction without “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” would be like making a PatF attraction without “Friends on the Other Side.”
This is why I think Encanto is better suited for a stage show then an actual ride, its one popular song is too entrenched in the film's narrative and staged like its a stage show to recontextualize it in ride format. The only "Surreal imagery that demands to have robots built out of it" in the whole thing is "SEVEN FOOT FRAME, RATS ON HIS BACK".

Touchdown

I think Encanto would make a perfect trackless ride, have it be a sequel to the film and you go on a house tour where something goes horribly wrong with casita as you tour rooms not seen in the film Ala Mystic Manor. WDTAB could serve as the instrumental song in the background throughout the house with a flip to the Columbia Mi Encanto at the resolution. Pretty much anything can happen in that house and I would love to see Luisa’s, Peppa’s, and Carmelo’s room. Don’t know how you make it animal based for AK..

DisneyDodo

You never know where an Imagineer is working between projects to make ends meet.

Joe Rohde made me the best grande skinny vanilla latte of my life a few years after Everest opened!
“What can I get for you today?”

“Hi, I’d like one grande skinny vanilla latte.”

“Sure, anything else?”

“Yes. Fix that damn yeti!”

“One latte coming right up. Next!”

doctornick

I know that we have no way of knowing any details on this yet, but do we think Scar is going to make an appearance here? Given Disney’s recent attractions that omit villains (BaTB, TBA) I’m starting to worry about his chances.
Even if that’s not in the cards, they could at least use the hyenas as antagonists right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom