Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
View attachment 781057
Lion King Land potential concept art leak (or more likely, AI-generated fan-concept). from Paris's potential Lion King Land Expansion to Disney Adventure World (Formerly Walt Disney Studios Paris).

Likely not what is coming to DAK, but interesting nonetheless.

I said the same in the WDSP thread, but this guy who originally posted the art also said this when pushed:

“This account is just an account that imagines what Disneyland (and especially Disneyland Paris) could look like.
In the future (I learn from my mistakes);
I will put a credit/signature on the concept art. And I will specify when there is use of AI or not”

Luigi

Wouldn't an attraction that "celebrates the culture of the area" fit better in EPCOT's World Showcase than it would in Animal Kingdom?
Conservation and Harmony with a culture and its relationship to its region is a tenet of AK. "Encanto" celebrates that culture and even has characters who have powers that commune with the flora and fauna of the Tropical Americas.

I know many don't want IPs pushed into the parks where they don't belong...but this actually fits.
Its not shoving Guardians into Future World.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Disney already has the perfect IP for DAK... a film where characters are literally turned into animals and learn the struggles (and sometimes discrimination) various animals experience just trying to get by in a world of humans... I guess what I'm getting at is, just give me my Emperor's New Groove attraction already! ;)

Last edited:

brb1006

According to a post on the Disneyland Paris sub-forum. @lentesta revealed that the next episode of Disney Unpacked co-hosted by Jim Hill, Len himself, and Jim Shull is going to discuss about the rumored Lion King Flume Ride/Lion King Land. Len explained that they had to re-record the episode several times. Full episodes can be viewed on the show's Patreon but an abridged version is uploaded to their Youtube channel.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Promoting harmony with animals and local culture is a form of conservation. It leads to the preservation of lands.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Encanto mainly about Mirabel having to save the magic of the house by helping the family members with their inner turmoil or whatever? I know, I know, Antonio blah-blah-blah, but he is not the main character of the movie.

lentesta

Premium Member
Disney already has the perfect IP for DAK... a film where characters are literally turned into animals and learn the struggles (and sometimes discrimination) various animals experience just trying to get by in a world of humans... I guess what I'm getting at is, just give me my Emperor's New Groove attraction already! ;)

I have pitched this idea to more than one Imagineer.

Luigi

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Encanto mainly about Mirabel having to save the magic of the house by helping the family members with their inner turmoil or whatever? I know, I know, Antonio blah-blah-blah, but he is not the main character of the movie.
Thats the main storyline of the movie.

The rides and land of Pandora don't follow the plot of the film AVATAR, nor does it feature any of those characters. Many IP based rides new and old aren't beat for beat re-tellings of the original medium.
Some do like Little Mermaid or Peter Pan.
Some are new stories that expand upon the original concept. I hope this helps.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom