Lines at the FP+ entrances

MaryJaneP

Spoke (longer than 1 minute) with those guests around us (boats, DtD, meals, parades, fireworks, in lines) but not nearly as long nor as comprehensively as you appear to have done, but maybe we weren't looking for problems.

IIRC, there have always been problems of one kind or another, with finger swipes, paper park tickets, ticket books, KTTW, paper FP, you name it. Agree they spent a huge amount for the program and I am not privy to the ROI or future plans.

Just saying that all is not hopeless as our MBs worked. Must be frustrating if this new technology is buggy, as nobody wants to waste time on their vacation while resolving an unexpected and unwarranted problem . We certainly didn't push the limits of what MBs supposedly can do. Perhaps if we had, and perhaps if we had run into problems, we might share others pessimism on MBs, MDE, and FP+, but we didn't and don't.

Disneyfamily4

Our problems with the bands were quite real and there was only two (2) of us. The problems were limited to not opening the room door and a few times at park entrance. Not the end of the world, but problems we never had before. I wouldnt say Im being a doubting thomas because I can live with the new system. I just dont see any advantage (for the guest) for the money they spent

As far as you not seeing or hearing of anyone else having a problem with their MB, I would have to ask if you truly engaged other people in a conversation (longer than 1 minute) or you just didnt see anything? I had lengthy coversations and probly spoke with about 25 different people between the bus ride, waiting in line and the bars around Boardwalk and Epcot. The bars at the resorts at the end of the day is when I had longer conversations with others. Ive done the same thing on my last 3 visits with roughly the same amount of people so I can truly say Ive spoke with many people. Not just a few on the bus for one visit

edit: its funny how the people that defend this are the ones who resort to name calling (doubting thomas, doom and gloomer, etc) at a person who simply stated their opinion (without name calling or being offensive)

During peak season when the majority speaks out, that is when everyone will truly learn if these bands are good or bad.

asianway

for real. if you have a differing opinion then you are crazy and hate WDW in their eyes. I LOVE WDW as much as the next guy, but becasue I wont blindly adhere to what Disney says is good,.. Im a doom and gloomer.
It's spread. They feel this way about their blogger friends too. A MC blogger stole a photo from one of our members here, I called him out, & some looney said "I'm the reason we can't have nice things." There is a serious problem with mental health in the Disney community

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Spoke (longer than 1 minute) but not nearly as long nor as comprehensively as you appear to have done, but maybe we weren't looking for problems.

I should have stated this prior, but I honestly did not look for problems nor did I say anything negative about the bands to those I spoke with so I could get an unbiased response. I was surprised how few people asked my opinion, they would just go on about their opinion when I brought it up. And it wasnt all bashing and trashing Disney. It was pleasent conversation. It was just easier to speak with people at length when I was sitting at Crews Cup Lounge (YC) or ESPN Zone at 11 or 12pm after the day was over and folks were just hanging out.

I know those who see no faults in the bands are eager to defend them and silence any opposing opinions, but some folks have to realize that every experience is diferent and while yours was good that doesnt mean that people are making stuff up or looking for problems. Truly glad your experience was good. Ours just a had a few issues.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Isn't the week between Christmas and New Year's last month peak season? We never went to a paper FP machine, and do not know it they were still there and/or operational. Also .
It is a peak season but it was also FAR from a fully rolled out system and yes, paper FP machines were in operation. My brother was there that week.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It's spread. They feel this way about their blogger friends too. A MC blogger stole a photo from one of our members here, I called him out, & some looney said "I'm the reason we can't have nice things." There is a serious problem with mental health in the Disney community
Thats a shame. The hard core defenders of MM+ are the quickest to point fingers and name call or try and discredit anything negative. They are truly blinded

asianway

I should have stated this prior, but I honestly did not look for problems nor did I say anything negative about the bands to those I spoke with so I could get an unbiased response. I was surprised how few people asked my opinion, they would just go on about their opinion when I brought it up. And it wasnt all bashing and trashing Disney. It was pleasent conversation. It was just easier to speak with people at length when I was sitting at Crews Cup Lounge (YC) or ESPN Zone at 11 or 12pm after the day was over and folks were just hanging out.

I know those who see no faults in the bands are eager to defend them and silence any opposing opinions, but some folks have to realize that every experience is diferent and while yours was good that doesnt mean that people are making stuff up or looking for problems. Truly glad your experience was good. Ours just a had a few issues.
How many of these mommy bloggers you think make any of their own money(when they're not suckling at Disney public relations that is)? Or are they just good at spending DHs money?

I bet the tune would change if they actually had to work to pay for the inferior product being churned out

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
How many of these mommy bloggers you think make any of their own money(when they're not suckling at Disney public relations that is)? Or are they just good at spending DHs money?

I bet the tune would change if they actually had to work to pay for the inferior product being churned out
Its almost political. They have such a skewed view and are motivated by money/free stuff yet so many trust them.

RSoxNo1

One enhancement that needs to happen is for the FP+ readers to recognize when a single member of a larger group has checked in. It should effectively "check in" all guests in that group to the extent that at the second reader another guest in that group can scan their Magic Band.

danv3

This is a fundamentally flawed system. The distribution rules are a substantial step backwards from what was previously in place. They need to fix this so it's day of only, old distribution rules, and anyone can access on their phone or at a kiosk. That's an enhancement to the system.

I know this post is a few days old, but this is right on the money. Dynamic, electronic, day-of Fastpasses would have been a plussing. FP+ is not.

MaryJaneP

Glad everyone is able to express their point of view here. Silence of either perspective would be counterproductive. Sorry if you had an unfavorable MB situation. It is as helpful to point out what may be problems, to see if they are consistent, as it is to point out when things work well and are actually productive. People that haven't been to WDW and that haven't used MB should hear both the negative and positive sides of MB. It is good that you thoroughly explained your problems. We simply did not have those problems and liked out MBs.

bhg469

My bands arrive tomorrow and I'll be using them in early march.. Since I'm one of those single day visitors, I don't have much hope.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
But what they have done now actually required effort to block park hopping... It's not like it just hasn't been added to the menu yet. They explicitly blocked it.

It simplified the variations but I think it has more to do with the people movement shaping... Not just 'it is not finished'
The system is still not 100% live for all guests (AP's are still in testing). When the system is 100% up and running for a moth or two and still no parkhopping then we have something.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Ok, so you ignore what I wrote... why bother replying?
How did I ignore what you wrote?

The system is still not 100% live. How can parkhopping be implemented if we are just now getting all the parks fully online? DHS just opened MM+ to all guests just 2 weeks go and AP just testing started. Considering that every park and every pass type must be working for parkhopping to function it seems logical that it would be the last thing to come online. If there is no park hopping when the system is out of testing the all of you guys are right, but until that point or something short of Disney flat out saying MM+ will never have it, I see no reason to think that it is not in the plans.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
edit: its funny how the people that defend this are the ones who resort to name calling (doubting thomas, doom and gloomer, etc) at a person who simply stated their opinion (without name calling or being offensive)

Not defending the MBs, just making the same statement over and over... We had no problems over two weeks mostly during Christmas week at BWI. We did speak to several guests, engaged many on buses and at stops, while dining at Biergarten and Tappan Edo, etc. Not all were excited about them but in general they just worked as advertised.

Not a real fan of advance planning to the levels some do, 60 days for FP+ is nuts IMHO, but absolutely loved the ability to rework schedules, add/remove guests from reservations day of. It was nice to know that later in the day we were going to ride certain rides and were not going to have to fight lines or run like mad and hope to get FPs.

Redhawk

My bands arrive tomorrow and I'll be using them in early march. Since I'm one of those single day visitors, I don't have much hope.
Do you worry you won't get any of the FPs you want, or will get lousy return times, or that your band will malfunction and ruin your day? I don't mean to criticize, but to go with a negative attitude expecting problems means you probably will find something to make you unhappy.

If you're a Disney veteran, rope-drop kind of family, you'll probably have more or less the same experience you've had before, minus the "run through the park to collect a set of Fast Passes". Ok, if you always got 5 or more FPs in two parks per day, well, that's not going to happen now. But maybe you'll find a different way of touring and enjoying the parks.

Early March -- a few days are predicted low crowds while others will be quite busy. "Single-day visitor"? Do you mean you'll only be there one day? Are you going on a predicted busy or not so busy day? A day that has EMH in morning or evening? Choose your FPs in advance as soon as possible but be ready to be flexible and perhaps you can change your plans to better suit your day when you're actually in the park(s).

Like other "touring plans" from before FP+, you can find ways to make the system work best for you. Surely reading these forums and making notes puts you somewhat ahead of the typical Disney guest. If I were going back for even one day, I wouldn't let MM+ discourage me. I'd be excited!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom