Line Jumpers/Line Stallers

kelknight84

Just to throw another wrench at all the naysayers. Let's contemplate FP. It is available to everyone. It is guaranteed that people in standby don't know it exists or that you have to pay for it. Should you also be considerate and stop to explain that to them or just give them your FP? They very well could have been in line first and you got a 4th FP after they were in line already.

At the end of the day you can't make everyone happy.

Especially at shows where you're nice and let everyone go first so they have to go all the way across and then they get stuck in a side seat while you're now sitting pretty in the middle. Oops!

mergatroid

Just to throw another wrench at all the naysayers. Let's contemplate FP. It is available to everyone. It is guaranteed that people in standby don't know it exists or that you have to pay for it. Should you also be considerate and stop to explain that to them or just give them your FP? They very well could have been in line first and you got a 4th FP after they were in line already.

Especially at shows where you're nice and let everyone go first so they have to go all the way across and then they get stuck in a side seat while you're now sitting pretty in the middle. Oops!

Again there's a difference as FP has been designed specifically for giving those who use it an advantage, that's it's whole purpose. The left and right side queuing system hasn't been designed to give somebody an advantage like FP, it's merely there to use space more efficiently.

Again I'm not saying that people taking advantage of using their knowledge of the queuing system over those that don't are breaking rules, just that in a perfect world it would be fairer if that didn't happen. But as I said earlier, there's validity to both schools of thinking and we don't live in a perfect world..

Damon7777

Disney should not be using the dual sided quick eats register to begin with.
From the word go I have found it to be complete nonsense. It makes things worse by occasionally confusing guests.

It does not increase throughput and only gives opportunists a chance to showcase their selfishness and "me first" agenda.

I noticed last time at Satuli in Pandora a CM stood post at the queue and directed traffic to the line of registers, sorting guests to specific registers to keep lines from becoming lopsided ...... Very much like the CM who asks party size at a ride and tells them which row number to board.

Could it be Disney finally figured out their own folly? I hope because to me it has been more than obvious watching the occasional absurdity of it unfold over the years.

mergatroid

Disney should not be using the dual sided quick eats register to begin with.
From the word go I have found it to be complete nonsense. It makes things worse by occasionally confusing guests.

It does not increase throughput and only gives opportunists a chance to showcase their selfishness and "me first" agenda.

I noticed last time at Satuli in Pandora a CM stood post at the queue and directed traffic to the line of registers, sorting guests to specific registers to keep lines from becoming lopsided ...... Very much like the CM who asks party size at a ride and tells them which row number to board.

Could it be Disney finally figured out their own folly? I hope because to me it has been more than obvious watching the occasional absurdity of it unfold over the years.

Agreed, but I get why they do it though. One it utilises space better and allows more people into the building. Secondly, having two sides makes the queue 'look' shorter to guests "Oh look only 5 before me" is better than "Oh look 10 before me". Anything likely to discourage a guest from joining a queue to spend Money Disney dislikes, so I can see the logic behind it from their point of view.

Last edited:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Agreed, but I get why they do it though. One it utilises space better and allows more people into the building. Secondly, having two sides makes the queue 'look' shorter to guests "Oh look only 5 before me" is better than "Oh look 10 before me". Anything likely to discourage a guest from joining a queue to spend Money Disney dislikes, so I can see the logic behind it from their point of view.

BUT I DON'T LIKE IT!

Kidding aside, they have so many years of experience in queue management that they'd probably be the last entity I'd question about the design. I think the only thing I'd change would be to add 6 foot arrows and a 1,000 point font that says PLEASE USE BOTH SIDES.

That might be enough to get people to notice. :joyfull::hilarious:

(no, I didn't really stop kidding)

danyoung56

I've just about had it with your high moral ground and your assigning of motivations to others. You make it sound like I cruise the parks just waiting for a chance to pounce and take advantage of others. Nothing could be more wrong. I'm the guy that tries to help the guest who's confused, who maybe doesn't know how things work and is in need of a little information.

When I see a side of a cashier line that is not being used, I make a snap decision. Sometimes I'll suggest that the people in front of me get in this line. Sometimes I'll get in the line myself, thus bypassing a long wait in a queue and getting my lunch quicker. If this is selfish, well, maybe it is a little. I'm doing nothing more than taking advantage of a situation, using it to my benefit without seriously impacting others. In fact, I'm HELPING others by showing them with my example that they have 2 queues to use.

It's the same thing as the FP situation. By your rules, Damon, I should give away every FP I have to someone else who maybe doesn't know how the system works. But my knowledge of the FP system will allow me to get on the ride quicker than others. By the same token, my knowledge of quick service lines can allow me to get my meal a bit faster than others. Doesn't make me evil. Doesn't make me "me first". It's just using the system to my advantage - the same advantage anyone else can use with a little bit of experience.

I'm happy to continue discussing this with you, Damon, and anyone else. But continue with your high horse shots and I'm out.

jaklgreen

Rude opportunist taking advantage of an inept CM working the register and failing to be considerate of others who obviously were waiting ahead of you.

This reveals something of a "me first" attitude at the expense of others.

To be fair, I have many times in the past tried to tell others in line that both sides are open to give them a chance before I got in line myself. They just look at me like I am crazy and do not move. This has happened many times over the years. Now I just get into the shortest line I see. The only excuse for not knowing that both sides are open is that it is a person's first ever trip and first ever meal at a quick service. After that you should have seen how things work. And I have also heard cast members over and over trying to tell people to go to both sides with no effect. People are sheep. The rest of us should not have to wait longer because some can not figure it out even after being told.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

hah, this reminds me of the conversation I had with a guy that delivers our stuff at work. He took his family to WDW last year and was, of course, complaining about how expensive it is. Well he went on to list everything he paid for including FPs. I told him that FP was free and he said that he paid for them. Now I have been going to WDW for over 2 decades, long before they introduced the FP system. I promised him that they did not charge for them. He still did not believe me. People.

jaklgreen

This happens all the time at a sandwich shop (Pret a manger) by my office. There are 6 registers. Everyone forms one line behind one register. "Following guest" is ignored. Every time I've walked up to one of the 5 open registers, it's like I've set fire to John Wilkes Booth's barn. Ok, bad example. I bring this to other places I visit, including Disney, so I may inadvertently jump lines without knowing it. But there's nothing like a righteous hall monitor in said line saying, "Ahem, there's a line" to bring me sunshine.

I miss London and all of the Pret a mangers. :bawling:

po1998

Life(and vacation) is too short to worry about such trivial things like line jumpers. In the big picture, what is the extra amount of time they are causing me to spend in line? A couple minutes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom