Line Cutting

Main Street USA

Ha, I just read this whole thread, and so many of you who think this practice of having others hold your spot in line is OK is laughable. You people need to take some smart pills (a LOT of smart pills, apparently), because you have no argument. The line is there for everyone, genius. You're no better than anyone else, and in fact, after reading this thread and some of your idiotic comments, I'd venture to say you're actually a step down (in more ways than one, lol) from the people who follow the rules.

Have a good one. Go get an education...or maybe just a little common sense and consideration others. :lol:

wannab@dis

I think we need to realize there's a distinction between line cutting and stepping out of line for whatever reason.

If a family of 4 get into a line and then realize 10 minutes (or 30 minutes) later that someone needs to go to the bathroom or grab a drink, then that doesn't really bother me. More than likely, the people behind them will see them leave and then get back in line. Someone doing that is not causing a problem. They were there from the beginning, stepped out, and then came back. In other words, they didn't affect the wait of the people behind them.

However, if someone gets in line and then other people join them later for WHATEVER reason, they are affecting the wait time of the people behind them. Sure, one or two people are not going to make a difference, but if it was a standard practice for a lot of people, it could increase how long people wait. It's also not fair for the people that waited patiently in the line for a group to catch up others in front of them after sitting in the shade or riding another ride.

This really comes down to common sense and consideration of others. Just think about how you would feel if the same thing was done by someone else. (Sure, some of the posters in this thread say they wouldn't care, but I bet they would also be the loudest protesters...)

jmicro59

wannab@dis said:
I think we need to realize there's a distinction between line cutting and stepping out of line for whatever reason.

If a family of 4 get into a line and then realize 10 minutes (or 30 minutes) later that someone needs to go to the bathroom or grab a drink, then that doesn't really bother me. More than likely, the people behind them will see them leave and then get back in line. Someone doing that is not causing a problem. They were there from the beginning, stepped out, and then came back. In other words, they didn't affect the wait of the people behind them.

However, if someone gets in line and then other people join them later for WHATEVER reason, they are affecting the wait time of the people behind them. Sure, one or two people are not going to make a difference, but if it was a standard practice for a lot of people, it could increase how long people wait. It's also not fair for the people that waited patiently in the line for a group to catch up others in front of them after sitting in the shade or riding another ride.

This really comes down to common sense and consideration of others. Just think about how you would feel if the same thing was done by someone else. (Sure, some of the posters in this thread say they wouldn't care, but I bet they would also be the loudest protesters...)

I agree 100% wannab@dis. :sohappy:

WDWCP

wannab@dis said:

This really comes down to common sense and consideration of others. Just think about how you would feel if the same thing was done by someone else. (Sure, some of the posters in this thread say they wouldn't

Extremely well said!!

To tack onto this... I think it's important to note the difference between a family that plans to allow the cutting and the ones that it just happens to. If you and your family get in line and 30 minutes later your child has to go to the bathroom, I see no problem with hopping out and back in line.

However, I do have a big problem with the families that know one or more of their group have to use the bathroom and the other members go ahead and get in line.

If you know part of your group has to use the bathroom, I think it's just common politeness to have the entire party wait until they can join the line at the same time.

nibblesandbits

wannab@dis said:

couldn't have said it better myself!

jmicro59

newfanatic said:
Who can blame you? This is the sort of thing that makes so many of us blow a gasket. It is the "I am more special than you so I don't have to follow the rules" attitude that makes me boil over. Even in a magical place like Disney. The one or two people who need to catch up after a potty break don't bother me in the same way because they don't have that attitude. They just don't stop to think. I guess I am just one of those apparently rare people who believes the rules were made for EVERYONE.:brick:

I've been there too. I really like it when the members of the tour groups suddenly can't understand any English. Not eve a little when you know they can. My cure for that is to hold up my fist and say "Would you like some English lessons?" Suddenly they know English, AMAZING! Not very Disney like on my part but neither is line cutting. It's just comical that we even have to bring this up, line cutting is so kindergarten and you'd think that people would realize this and just wait in line like most of us do or for god sakes use the fastpass. :mad:

WDWCP

TAC said:
Or when a little one needs to use the bathroom and he/she comes back with a large soda ?

If this little one is big/old enough to get a soda by him/herself, then that child is old enough to have planned ahead to use the bathroom in the first place.

If the parent is sending off a 4 year old by him/herself to the bathroom and they return with a soda, then I really question why a parent sent a child that young off by themself.

nbarney

I have been with the kids and had to break the line for bathroom breaks. It's kind of hard to wait in line for an hour for Peter Pan without a 2 year old needing a bathroom break. I will not break the line for someone wanting ice cream or snack. Yes, I have voiced my opinion also a few times on rides with line cutters. We had 120 minute wait time for RnR last year during spring break. An hour into the wait time some kids decided to jump in behind us in front of a couple with their son. When we got to the pre show entry area before you go into G-Force records, I told the CM. He booted them out. It was the best making them wait an hour to do that !!!

perculata

Stop Whining

I've been reading these posts and, although I dont agree with many of you, I reckognize the fact that at least half of what you are complaining about is valid. People who send their group ahead to wait in line for them is not right. Although i have no problem with people joining their party in front of my line, it seems to annoy many of you greatly.

However, those of you complaining about people stepping out of line and then rejoining their party need to stop whining. Last time I checked, that situation didn't add time to anybody's wait. If someone that was in front of you leaves the line and then gets back in the line later, the wait time did not change for either of you. Their wait was no less, and your wait was no more. I honestly see no reason why anyone should complain about this. I mean it doesnt effect you detrimentally in any way.

tink81

Why is it when someone doesn't like what is being said in a forum, they throw the "stop whining" card?

No one here is whining, perculata, just voicing some very strong opinions on proper park etiquette. The problem with people leaving and coming back into the line is the perception that line cutting is taking place. So unless you or whoever wants to explain why you absolutley had to leave the line to get a drink/soft pretzel/go to the bathroom/ride another ride to EVERY person you pass on your way back to your group, I would suggest avoiding the situation altogether. No one likes a cutter.

dazzer68

perhaps disney should put up some polite notices to stop this hapening .we were there in feb the same time as the cheerleaders, they would get one or two to queue up then the rest of the pack (20 plus) would turn up just as we were getting thro this happened alot. especially on the disney buses back to resort hotel.

pintraderpayee

DH 6'4" 230lbs.teacher, DS 6'2" 315 lbs. Sr. in high school, 25+ high school students (all strong country kids), me (trip coodinator and teacher)......want to cut now? Unless you are from in front of us and need to leave due to an emergency, you will not pass our wall of flesh. We waited, you can do the same.

10 days until we are ºoºrlando bound with 27 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer: :sohappy:

WDWCP

dazzer68 said:
perhaps disney should put up some polite notices to stop this hapening .we were there in feb the same time as the cheerleaders, they would get one or two to queue up then the rest of the pack (20 plus) would turn up just as we were getting thro this happened alot. especially on the disney buses back to resort hotel.

Be careful... Never cross the Cheerleaders... They will chant you to death!!

thepol

not so disabled

I agree about the cutting in line, your either in lline or not no place holders. On the same note, what bothers me more than anything is when I see somebody wheel up in a wheelchair that with no physical disability, and then proceed to drag 15 other people with them. I watched a women do this in SM she jumped out of the chair and right on the ride. Talk about making your blood boil, that is completely inconsiderate and disrespectful to all disabled individuals who actually suffer some illness. Justa blurb of insanity

Matt

dox

thepol said:
what bothers me more than anything is when I see somebody wheel up in a wheelchair that with no physical disability, and then proceed to drag 15 other people with them. I watched a women do this in SM she jumped out of the chair and right on the ride. Talk about making your blood boil, that is completely inconsiderate and disrespectful to all disabled individuals who actually suffer some illness. Justa blurb of insanity

Matt

Ok, now i gotta speak up. First off part of your post is off topic and second, no offense but you have no idea what type of disability that women suffers to come to such a conclusion. There are plenty of people who require the use of a wheelchair, who can ambulate short distances. My mother doesn't need a wheelchair to get around, but should she return to WDW in the near future we've told her that she will have to use one b.c. there is no way she can walk those parks and stand in line for 1/2 hour. Does she suffer from what you would categorize as a disability?? No she does not. But given her age and medical history after one day of walking around the park her vacation would be effectively over otherwise. So don't be so quick to judge.

pluto77

dox said:
OMG!!! Eleven pages and counting so far on this subject. Can we discuss pool hopping next??
Sure, if you start a thread about it. :p

Edit:
TAC said:
Easy enough to do...just start a thread.
:lol: sorry, I guess I was too late, my niece was distracting me.

nibblesandbits

pluto77 said:
Sure, if you start a thread about it. :p

Edit:
:lol: sorry, I guess I was too late, my niece was distracting me.
Yeah, except I think that type of thread will get closed quickly. Recently I've noticed the pool hopping and mug issue threads get closed as soon as the people get their answer.

pluto77

the-reason14 said:
Why should I when I could be in line closer to the ride in both instances, then sitting and waiting. Now, I dont know what YOU would do, but I already said what I would do.

Seriously, this is obviosly not going to go away. People will continue to do it, and if it frustrates as many people as it does, then either speak up or shut up. I mean, if you're not going to do anything about it, tell anybody about, and just let it get to you, then maybe you shouldnt go to a place where you know this will happen.
I honestly don't understand some people's reasoning. You get in the back of the line because it's the right thing to do. I can get away with pocketing a candybar and leaving the store without paying, but I don't because stealing is wrong. Same concept (but then again, there's people in this world who don't understand that stealing is wrong :hammer: ).

Maybe it's not going to go away, but that doesn't take away the fact that it is wrong. Crime isn't going to go away, so are you saying I should steal that candybar since people will always steal?

Sorry, another edit :lol: Perhaps the best thing people do to stop needless line cutting, is not to line cut themselves. So really we are doing something about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom