Limited-time meet and greet with Belle at the Magic Kingdom's Heritage House starts soon

71jason

Thats exactly it, and as @71jason stated, there is a gold mine to be made in non character meal paid meet and greets.

This just exposes the idiocy of entertainment management - "exclusive" meet and greets that arent exclusive.

I have to assume this is a trial run toward that. Belle probably the best known currently homeless in MK character they have, makes her ideal for it.

Disney Springs is where the real money would be tho.

asianway

I have to assume this is a trial run toward that. Belle probably the best known currently homeless in MK character they have, makes her ideal for it.

Disney Springs is where the real money would be tho.
Well, except Elena. Who if anyone noticed was at a Hillary rally today. No mention made that this new Latino heroine wouldnt be meeting her fans though - pure pandering

Bocabear

That pic sums up my reaction to this whole thing. I've run out of emotion to give Disney. A fair trade I guess because Disney's run out of my dollars as well.
I wanted to put an eagle on her head too, but the photo wascropped too tightly...lol

RoysCabin

Well, on the bright side, it's only a limited time thing?

Still, it's another brick on the load, I guess, of the whole "theming doesn't matter anymore, synergy does" vibe that's floating around. At least with the Muppets the announced show is said to revolve around American history, plus it's not replacing anything already in place in Liberty Square, but it still begs the question "why can't Imagineers be allowed to make American history interesting in their own way?" Again, maybe Belle here is just a test-run for some new concept, so I'm not going to flip out or anything, but it gets tough not to feel annoyed when stories like this become so constant.

It's kind of sad how the meet and greets are becoming increasingly money-driven, I suppose. As a kid I did love walking around with my autograph book and happening upon Mickey and pals, and I totally sympathize with the changes that were made to character meets when CMs demanded better protections and organization to it (seriously, check out the historical horror stories of how a lot of costumed CMs were treated when they'd just randomly stroll around in parts of the park), but getting to this point of "pay x-amount extra to meet so-and-so" feels a bit cynical, I guess.

Plus, man alive, it'd be nice to get back to appealing to more than just princess and pirate fans. Yes, I loved meeting Mickey when I was growing up, but I also loved dinosaurs (and thus got drawn in by Universe of Energy and even Gertie), American history (debatable if LS and American Adventure helped me get a masters, but y'know what I mean :p), and lots of other things that, because WDW was willing to indulge a wide array of interests, made me feel an even greater connection with the resort on the whole. If I have kids in the near future I want to bring them to WDW the way my parents brought my brother and I, but I would never want the experience to feel "limited" to them, that may be the best way to say it.

tirian

"Don't expect me or my children to comprehend standards. Just give us what we want NOW, regardless of whether or not it makes creative sense at a company that built its reputation on unprecedented creativity."

The pixie duster lowest common denominator strategy wouldn't have created Pinocchio, Fantasia, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Epcot, DisneySea, POTC, Splash Mt, BTMRR, HM...

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom