Lilo and Stitch coming to Disneylands small world. Are we next?

themarchhare

Well I have no problem with adding a few characters - perhaps even a girl that resembles Alice in Britain.

My one main requirement though is that the characters added are CHILDREN! As much as I love Marie, I don't want to see a random cat in France. Also, I don't want to see the Sultan in Arabia - he is not child - far from it, actually.

But...Stitch?!?? WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No - I don't hate the movie; but what is the appeal of Stitch?

dylan0511

Well I have no problem with adding a few characters - perhaps even a girl that resembles Alice in Britain.

My one main requirement though is that the characters added are CHILDREN! As much as I love Marie, I don't want to see a random cat in France. Also, I don't want to see the Sultan in Arabia - he is not child - far from it, actually.

But...Stitch?!?? WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No - I don't hate the movie; but what is the appeal of Stitch?[/QUOTE]

Kids love him. That is the appeal. It's a childrens ride for the most part.

Fun2BFree

But...Stitch?!?? WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No - I don't hate the movie; but what is the appeal of Stitch?

Even though Disney have way overblown his mischievous aspect, if you watch Lilo and Stitch you'll find him a charming and emotionally-touching character with many facets to his personality. His appeal for me is that of redemption. :wave:

darthjohnny

Not sure if Lutz is right on point here.

Hong Kong's Disneyland was supposed to have this version as an exclusive draw to the park, and took inspiration from original designs for Small World. It was what was going to make HKDL's version different. So I wouldn't think it would be coming to any other attraction any time soon.

But, the Disney characters do have the same looks as the dolls. There was a pin set released not too long ago with these Small World Disney characters and I think they would fit in.

Also I find it funny that they might add an America. I thought Imagineers originally didn't add one because of course the ride is in America (but there are American scenes in the Small World versions overseas).

We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Although IASW is classic and good the way it is, it does get kinda boring. I would not mind some characters creepin their way into the ride in a small way. Kind of like a search for the hidden disney characters kind of thing.

WeLComeHomE OKW

its a horrible idea to include characters from peter pan, who happens to have his own home across the way. and including lilo and stitch is like a stab in the face of disney purists.

look, here's the deal, adding cutouts of lilo/stitch arent gonna make kids suddenly go crazy for its a small world. these efforts are doing nothing but cheapen the theme/ride experience. its a small world is about the fact that all children deal with the same stuff in life, and it is our time now to come together as a world in peace and harmony. adding lilo does not add to that. adding peter pan just says that they want to stay children their whole lives, which is certainly not the case with the majority of humans.

don't even get me started.

wannab@dis

its a horrible idea
Seems to be the normal reaction to a rumored change

to include characters from peter pan, who happens to have his own home across the way.

Think of IASW as his vacation home... ;)

and including lilo and stitch is like a stab in the face of disney purists.

Which means the other 99.5% of guests will probably like it. :lookaroun

look, here's the deal, adding cutouts of lilo/stitch arent gonna make kids suddenly go crazy for its a small world.
You mean they may not like it now? Well, then something should be done to increase their enjoyment.

these efforts are doing nothing but cheapen the theme/ride experience.
Cheapen? The normal first reaction for plans to plus an attraction... Mulan as a chinese doll, Lilo/Stitch as Hawaiian dolls, Woody as an American cowboy... seems to match the theme pretty good.

its a small world is about the fact that all children deal with the same stuff in life,
Yep, they like dolls and their favorite character friends from movies

and it is our time now to come together as a world in peace and harmony.

Sure, if Woody starts shooting the other cowboys, maybe it's a little over the top.

adding lilo does not add to that. adding peter pan just says that they want to stay children their whole lives, which is certainly not the case with the majority of humans.

Really? I love being a kid while on VACATION at Disney World! :D

don't even get me started.
You already have... :wave:

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
Not true. :wave:

wdwmagic has people who support change but disagree with certain changes that truly make no sense or have no true purpose or meaning behind it other than an attempt to attraction a target audience higher ups think might enjoy it.

Like a Cinderella meet and great in Tomorrowland.

There would be those of us who would complain about it, and those of us who would get all giggly and happy and say "oh but its the magic of disney...hearts, and smiling faces, and sunshine, who cares where the meet in greet is, it's Disney and its oh so magical"

:hammer:

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
next time we have another big wdwmagic meet, I think we're gonna need some chicken wire, chicken strips, and judi dench themed t-shirts. :)

WDWFREAK53

Will you guys stop this! What's wrong with these characters?
Lilo and Stitch = Hawaii
Peter Pan= Britain

How does Stitch fit into Hawaii, well maybe you should watch the movies!:hammer:

Ahem, I have watched the movies...as well as the TV show.

He is an experiment from another planet. He's not even an animal!

He has NOTHING to do with Hawaii aside from the fact that he crash landed there. The attraction focuses on places on the globe and what they are known for.

Hawaii isn't known for alien experiments. Hawaii is, however, known for their hula dancers...

In other words, why not put Sully and Mike in America because they happened to land here. It doesn't make sense.

wannab@dis

Hawaii is, however, known for their hula dancers...

:lookaroun

hula01.jpg

No, really, Stitch IS a stretch, but many character friends will match.

WDWFREAK53

Any change is bad change on the wdwmagic.com forums.

No, this is 100% false.

Change is good if it is done tastefully and done in a way to keep the same feeling to the attraction it is coming to or replacing.

Character overlays are cheap fixes and usually don't add anything to the attraction but cheapen the experience. (There are some exceptions IMO though...Nemo is a plus over the original seacabs). Turtle Talk w/ Crush is a great addition.

Kamikaze

No, this is 100% false.

Change is good if it is done tastefully and done in a way to keep the same feeling to the attraction it is coming to or replacing.

Character overlays are cheap fixes and usually don't add anything to the attraction but cheapen the experience. (There are some exceptions IMO though...Nemo is a plus over the original seacabs). Turtle Talk w/ Crush is a great addition.

If this is so false, find me one change/upgrade/whatever that these forums are for. You can't.

Anything that gets done gets complained about. A lot.

Which is why I don't take it seriously when stories come out that Disney checks forums for reactions. No matter what they do, everything is so negative, they can't possibly know if the idea is good or not.

Now, is everyone that way? No. But you will find a good number of members to complain about ANYTHING that gets done.

Enigma

Account Suspended
No, this is 100% false.

I agree. I have been very vocal about the negative changes that have been implemented in the parks over the past few years. However, I have no problem and have always been extremly supportive of positive changes such as replacing the "ultra hip" food rocks show with the more tasteful Soarin', the addition of Everest to Animal Kingdom, the replacement of the mannaquin scenes in SSE with scenes that now have AA's again, the removal of the tacky wand, the renaming of MGM studios, etc.

One of the things that I and others have a problem with is this need by Disney's marketing people to try to shove tie-ins in our face which is something the Disney company used to be above doing. attractions like stitch and monsters inc are poorly conceived and designed and actually bring down the value of their respected franchises and those are just two examples.

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
I have supported the addition of everest, soarin' replacing food rocks, the overall refreshment of the land pavilion, the option of allowing guests to have a lighter experience on mission space, project tomorrow, various elements of the new SSE including supporting judi dench, the new AA's, refreshened sets, etc

I have also supported the updated American Adventure finale film, most of the new O' Canada, new exhibits that have come to Innoventions, toy story mania, because even though it is character based, the new technology can last for many years and will most likely be layed over with another character overlay down the road.

I have supported a new star tours film. I don't want the original one to be stuck in the 80s forever.

I have supported the change to the epcot entrance that resulted in the wand and stars coming down. ;)

I am in support of a Space Mountain refurb that still has modern day tributes to the original SM i.e. moog music, groovy halographic windows, hexagon walls, etc while still providing an awesome new rollercoaster experience, or a nice smooth replica track experience similar to what was done at disneyland.

I was in support of the 2005 small world refurb that got rid of the ghastly 70s mural and the outdated images of children at the exit ramp.

should I continue or have u seen that many of us do support change, but there is no reason why we must beleive everything disney does is right and support all the changes they do?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom