Lightsaber?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I would bet against something that could be so easily broken being released widely.
The crux is LARPing and lightsaber battles. I don't see it as a possibility with this particular lightsaber concept. For that reason, I think it extremely unlikely to be sold as a mass-produced "toy". It can be! But I think for the quality Disney desires this is only going to be used internally by CMs. If however it is somehow mass-produced and sold as an in-park purchase (I could see them developing an alternative version) and selling it at Savi's as a build kit or some kind of "some assembly required" custom creation would be a smart approach and a way to instruct buyers on the "dos and don'ts" of it's use.

Selling it as an exclusive take home product "experience" much in the same way they currently sell other Lightsaber products would be a decent marketing strategy. Guests could choose option X,Y or Z depending on their own preferences. There's never going to be a one-size fits all Lightsaber. This version would just be another option. On the flipside Disney needs to develop a LARP specific Lightsaber to appease those guests. And a Hasbro-badged toy versions to cover the younger demographic.

91JLovesDisney

If the mechanism works similar to those animations, I suppose if it will be released to be purchased by guests one of the upsides is that if one were to smack something with it, it would be hard for the lightstrip or mechanism to be damaged, only the tape-measure-blade dented. Which is not ideal either. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IveBeenJack

Someone thinks so....

In the patent it is compared to the mechanism inside a metal carpenter's tape measure... surprising this has never been attempted before!

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 10.09.44 am.png

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This may be still the prototype stage if they have no plans for the general public to touch them until 2022.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom