Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

Sped2424

The technology may be obsolete, the question was why didn't they upgrade them? Can't seem like it's that expensive or hard for just that row of lights leading into the world showcase.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The technology may be obsolete, the question was why didn't they upgrade them? Can't seem like it's that expensive or hard for just that row of lights leading into the world showcase.
The obsolete line was simply that, a "line" used by TDO as an excuse.

I don't think anyone bought into the excuse except for TDO.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I cannot reasonably see them returning next year if that back corner of the park is under construction.

And from my understanding, that back corner will be under construction this time next year.
I can see them moving the Osborne Lights to World Showcase. They have already proved that WS is not sacred.

dgp602

Actually...I could see them working at DinoRama. :p
The best lights and decorations at Disney is probably the best kept secret...Fort Wilderness and the RV parking area is spectacular! Better than Osborne in terms of creativity. Some sites have miniature MK's, complete with the monorail playsets! Worth the trip to all who haven't experienced it yet...

JustInTime

I cannot reasonably see them returning next year if that back corner of the park is under construction.

And from my understanding, that back corner will be under construction this time next year.
Such a catch 22!!! I'm glad we are getting new stuff but the lights are so amazing

Horizons1

$$$$$$

A dollar is expensive to the money-grubbing monkeys a TDO. Oops.

prberk

The best lights and decorations at Disney is probably the best kept secret...Fort Wilderness and the RV parking area is spectacular! Better than Osborne in terms of creativity. Some sites have miniature MK's, complete with the monorail playsets! Worth the trip to all who haven't experienced it yet...

That's cool, and something I never thought of. I wish I could go. Do you have any pictures?

For others interested, remember that you can access Fort Wilderness easily by water taxi (boat) from the Contemporary's dock Bay Lake. A boat goes regularly (like every 20 minutes) from that dock to the Wilderness Lodge dock, and to the Fort Wilderness dock, then back to the Contemporary.

That dock is on the waterfront of Fort Wilderness at the Settlement. An internal FW bus (Purple or Orange) goes back and forth to the front (Outpost) area of Fort Wilderness, which is the main entrance parking area.

When you refer to the "RV parking area," do you mean the Outpost parking area? Or do you mean the part of the campground closest to the Settlement, where campers (including RVs) usually camp? (As opposed to the FW cabins loops, which are closer to the Outpost.)

rangerbob

A lot of the sites are decorated. The problem is WDW is cracking down on the size of display that people can put up and where they can be placed at. They must be within their site and not wrapping trees anymore. I wonder how much less there will be at FW this year with the new set of rules that they put in place before Halloween.

raven

I think they could at least replace it with a Frozen-themed light display. There isn't enough Frozen representation at the parks anyway. :angelic:

CDavid

Ooooh. Name calling. That will show them.

Never before has a division of a multi-billion dollar corporation so beloved by millions been so mismanaged and corrupted by such a group of imbeciles as Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.

I think they could at least replace it with a Frozen-themed light display. There isn't enough Frozen representation at the parks anyway. :angelic:

If Frozen would help bring the Lights of Winter back, I'm all for it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Never before has a division of a multi-billion dollar corporation so beloved by millions been so mismanaged and corrupted by such a group of imbeciles as Walt Disney Parks & Resorts.

If Frozen would help bring the Lights of Winter back, I'm all for it.
I would argue that the federal government trumps Disney's greed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom