News Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy (New Show for 2019)

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
My takeaway is that Yes, it is a little stilted. Pacing is a off and the Audience interaction is weak. It does pander to the little'uns too much but otherwise it's an OK show. Digital FX are good. I'd suggest shaving Lightning's dialog at intro. And some of the Sim video. (about 5 mins off runtime) Then to bring runtime back up add playful interactions between Sally and Matter as commentators. Trivia Games by Lugi with a roving interactive Guido. At exit dump guests into a Race Academy Sim Room where they can race as Lightning McQueen on PS4/Xbox consoles.

Also... Did anyone expect a Turtle Talk-like experience?

Last edited:

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
E6672F57-20CD-48BD-8B87-C7605E1CFA69.jpeg

D6D8AED6-BD95-4FBB-9F3B-BF7980927D27.jpeg

93C30107-82F3-4E26-A840-21E67C23A0E4.jpeg

dothebrdwalk

I'd suggest shaving Lightning's dialog at intro. And some of the Sim video. (about 5 mins off runtime) Then to bring runtime back up add playful interactions between Sally and Matter as commentators. Trivia Games by Lugi with a roving interactive Guido. At exit dump guests into a Race Academy Sim Room where they can race as Lightning McQueen on PS4/Xbox consoles.
...... ok then

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I never said it's awful, but what's the point of the armchair idea. This is what we got.

What's the point of this forum if not but to discuss things? Am I not allowed to share what I think would make the experience more enjoyable? Regardless, you don't have to agree with it. Hey if it bothers you this much, you can always put me on Ignore. :shrugs:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I like it. It's an attraction for kids in a park that doesn't have too much for that demographic with a neat animatronic and a length that is perfect, PLUS it didn't replace anything significant. On top of that? I'd say it is in a fitting location as well. Good job, Disney. Something NOT star wars or Toy Story is finally nice to see as an addition in HS.

No Name

Chick Hicks seems very skilled at computer programming. Do you think Lightning could hack into a simulator like that? We're talking about a guy who realizes he's facing the wrong way and doesn't turn around for 20 seconds. Maybe he deserved to have his stats changed after crashing into all that stuff. He may be speed physically, but he sure as hell isn't mentally. I don't mean to suggest Chick is perfect, but I'd take him over our supposed protagonist any day.

Last edited:

Clyde Birdbrain

Unknown Member
I liked it. It’s a cute show for kids. The LM animatronic is amazing. I only find that the area around the projected mouth is a little too bright, similar to the too bright faces of Anna and Elsa in Frozen Ever After. I liked the beginning with Mater singing; it reminded me of Junkyard Jamboree at DCA, which I thought was hilarious. It’s a nice addition to the park. Now it’s time to update BatB and VotLM.

D764505B-E482-4A17-A536-DB457BDCCF77.jpeg

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

This looks a lot like what I thought Turtle Talk with Crush was going to be when it was first rumored - outside of the fact that Turtle Talk is interactive. That Lightning is a wonderfully realized Animatronic really seems to elevate this experience beyond its base as a largely screen-based attraction. It's not life changing, but if the parks need simple diversions (and I believe they do) then this is on the right path. It avoids the pitfalls of Enchanted Tales with Belle's main show but follows in what it does well - granting guests an encounter with a favorite character in elaborate AA form.

I wouldn't object to the parks adding more of this type of Animatronic-based minor-attraction character experience. I'd like it even better if they could merge the Turtle Talk interactivity with an Animatronic. I feel like you could do something wonderful with that at Animal Kingdom, or in Tomorrowland. Granted that, like this, it is clearly marketed as a minor addition and not a major one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom