Lightning Lane Premier Pass

Drdcm

It was also understood that happy guests would stay on property and wouldn’t want to leave the bubble to go to offsite hotels, restaurants, or other parks like Universal, Sea World, etc.

With all the eliminated benefits of staying on site it’s getting harder and harder to justify Disney food and lodging prices also.

It’s odd how value is a perception, I’d rather pay $250 upfront for a ticket that included everything (free FP, free Magic bands, etc) than pay $180 for a ticket, $25 for MLL, $30 for ILL, $30 for MB, etc… the price is virtually the same but one feels like a good value and the other feels like a rip off.
Didn’t you hear? People want to go elsewhere when staying in Disney property because of Uber and Lyft! They explained this to us when they did us the favor of removing magical express

Disstevefan1

It’s odd how value is a perception, I’d rather pay $250 upfront for a ticket that included everything (free FP, free Magic bands, etc) than pay $180 for a ticket, $25 for MLL, $30 for ILL, $30 for MB, etc… the price is virtually the same but one feels like a good value and the other feels like a rip off.
This is my feeling about the free Express pass when staying at a deluxe resort at Universal.

I know I am over paying for the room but I still feel like I am getting free express passes.

Vegas Disney Fan

unless they start losing Hotel, ticket, food, and merch sales as well. Disney still needs millions to show up.
This is why I don’t understand Disney logic, they are so focused on add on sales they don’t seem worried about losing guests, it was speculated that the hotels were around 80% capacity this year, that’s an average loss of probably $300 a night per room, plus hundreds in lost food, drink, and merchandise sales from each empty room.

I just don’t see how they can possibly sell enough premium add ons to offset the millions lost every day to their loyal guests no longer choosing to visit and stay onsite.

Splash4eva

I’d have continued to adjust ticket prices based on demand, we’ve all complained about rising ticket prices for years but at least you still got an amazing product for your money, this approach worked for 60 years, now it just feels like you are getting less for your money and being nickel and dimed to death (while they continue to raise ticket prices anyway).

I think this is why all inclusive options like cruises and all inclusive resorts have never been more popular, they are expensive but you know exactly what you’re getting and can simply relax on vacation without constantly worrying about pulling out your phone or wallet every 5 minutes.

It was also understood that happy guests would stay on property and wouldn’t want to leave the bubble to go to offsite hotels, restaurants, or other parks like Universal, Sea World, etc.

With all the eliminated benefits of staying on site it’s getting harder and harder to justify Disney food and lodging prices also.

Yes i agree give me 1 price upfront and call it a day…

Vegas Disney Fan

Yes i agree give me 1 price upfront and call it a day…
I’m starting to wonder if we’re just old fashioned in our logic, I loathe the Spirit airlines business model but it unfortunately seems to be the way the world is going, maybe the younger generations prefer the option of a no frills base price and then adding one add on at a time until they get only what they need, I hate it but maybe I’m just being a dinosaur focusing on getting perceived value rather than getting the cheapest price.

Wendy Pleakley

Why create new capacity? That costs money.

Much better to invent new revenue streams off of the existing, under built parks.

This new offering just reaffirms that Disney doesn't care about increasing capacity.

They fill every available slot in a given day. Just look at annual passes and how they've become such a thing, especially in Anaheim.

The passholder who goes all the time and pays $10 per visit and buys one churro (hypothetical example) negatively impacts the guests paying full price for tickets and accommodation. Disney doesn't care about that, they just want to get every little bit of revenue they can.

There's no incentive to reduce wait times, which they could easily do by curtailing discount admission.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
This is my feeling about the free Express pass when staying at a deluxe resort at Universal.

I know I am over paying for the room but I still feel like I am getting free express passes.
eh, if you are staying on property anyways and plan on doing express pass, it is usually cheaper to just stay at deluxe then. Also, many people who are there for a short period, staying off site, or just are doing a bit of Uni during a disney world trip will stay at a Uni deluxe for just one night, because this gives you express for day of arrival and the day of departure as well.

Splash4eva

I’m starting to wonder if we’re just old fashioned in our logic, I loathe the Spirit airlines business model but it unfortunately seems to be the way the world is going, maybe the younger generations prefer the option of a no frills base price and then adding one add on at a time until they get only what they need, I hate it but maybe I’m just being a dinosaur focusing on getting perceived value rather than getting the cheapest price.
I think we are just logical and maybe “smarter” because we know this isnt the final cost. Its like my daughters Catholic school. Obviously there is tuition. Then we have 3 trimester fees a lab fee a tech few a lunch fee and then a couple other mandatory donations during the year. She is in 5th grade so i know the drill etc but give me 1 price and get it over with so i dont need to deal with it if i choose not to.

MrPromey

Well if they have only LLPP and opened all standbys it will mostly resemble Universal Express pass.

A big difference is, Universal Express pass is FREE with stays in their three deluxe resorts.
A minor difference is Express Pass is not available for all attractions (I think)?

A huge plus for Disney's guests is not having to looks at the app all the time!!!
Hagrid's and Pteranodon Flyers (which you have to hire a 5 year old to ride with, anyway) are the only ones it's not good for and Hagrid's still gets multi-hour waits just with the regular queue so they don't dare.

The other difference is, Universal is in a much better place when it comes to their in-demand attraction capacity and average attendance ratio.

Even with the express pass, you won't find 40-60 minute waits for 20+* year old attractions that far closer to their prime, didn't have these kinds of waits, outside of peak holiday windows.

*Had to make it 20+ since obviously they don't have 50 year old attractions over there but the point still stands: Something like Haunted Mansion with a 45 minute wait isn't fundamentally different than it was 20 years ago at a frequent 15 minute or less wait. Spaceship Earth hasn't been refreshed or in any way updated from when it was a complete walk-on most of the day with your wait literally being how long it took to walk the straight path up that ramp into the building at your own moving pace vs. modern times where that outdoor queue is constantly in use.

Last edited:

MrPromey

I don't think anyone really likes it but they're being born into it which makes it easier to condition them to expect and accept it.

MickeyLuv'r

Not quite the same. A DAS user hasn't had instant LL access to any ride at any time since GAC. The point still stands though that the data analytics will do what they want with this LLPP: Provide a good enough experience that LLPP is return business at the experience of LLMP, Standby, or some combination of the 2.

My personal guess to they will reduce the LLMP availability down in the hopes that word of mouth spreads that LLPP is SOOOO much better than LLPP that some guests on the fence will upgrade.
Of course DAS isn't quite the same, but DAS users are also able to choose freely which LL they want to request. I am willing to bet there is some correlation to touring patterns.

jaklgreen

No thanks, that would be bad for everyone else. I can already imagine vloggers: "See how many times we can ride RotR in one day with the unlimited premier diamond pass."
So? That is what they are paying for. If you pay for a private tour, you can do that if you wanted. Aren't the LL completely empty now anyway?

ConfettiCupcake

Im talking an upfront Disney price… listen whey they rolled out Genie you were able to prebook. Give me that option again.

The trip they let us pre buy Genie+ for length of stay we actually spent more on Genie+ at its introductory price compared to the trip where we had to wait to buy it until day of, despite it being nearly double the price of our first experience at that point in time. They made me have to calculate the worth of getting it every single day, vs just bundling a flat rate onto my tickets like the first time. Spoiler - responsible spending won that time not Disney.

I’m surprised they haven’t used the DDP method here and allowed people to tack an add on onto their tickets at the time of purchase with variable pricing matching the tickets, assuming these people largely won’t be maximizing the value.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom