Lightning Lane Premier Pass

ConfettiCupcake

Which brings us back to "the capacity has to come from somewhere".

So how do they manage this?

Do they reduce the pool of regular LL return times in these periods, thus reducing the overall pool of return times available in any given day while also pushing those people to the more extreme return times for this lesser service they're paying a premium for.

... or do they just dip more into the standby ratio to offset it?

Yup. We’re also heading into a period where not only is the new stuff far off, but major attractions are down or going down for lengthy periods of time.

Even if we assume that 100% of these users are people who were previously going to buy MP or SP, their guaranteed access to all LL attractions in the park is going to ‘bump’ an LLMP user down the priority list. In creating a new priority group who has guaranteed and less restricted access to the LLs (like VIP guides, Club 33, and DAS), we have to assume there will be less LL spots allocated for MP users or more LL users slowing the standby.

Availability can already be an issue. We don’t know near enough to definitively say the impact won’t be felt on LLMP and standby guests. We definitely don’t know close to enough to say this beyond whatever this pilot period may be.

celluloid

How cool would it be if you could walk up to a LL entrance, tap your magic band, assuming your account is linked to a payment method, BOOM you are charged, the light turns green and you are IN!
This is honestly much better, but would come with frustration that Disney cannot trust its infrastructure with(which is wild under the billions)
For example, technical difficulties and lightning are already a huge issue for LL people that have not already tapped in. I imagine this could cause even more of that.

But your vision is much closer to guest service than getting random backtracking options scheduled for you, but it is not truly for the guest.

Last edited:

Purduevian

Plus DAS users.
Not quite the same. A DAS user hasn't had instant LL access to any ride at any time since GAC. The point still stands though that the data analytics will do what they want with this LLPP: Provide a good enough experience that LLPP is return business at the experience of LLMP, Standby, or some combination of the 2.

My personal guess to they will reduce the LLMP availability down in the hopes that word of mouth spreads that LLPP is SOOOO much better than LLPP that some guests on the fence will upgrade.

DisneyCane

Why the need for dynamic pricing through the day? Other than making more money for them I guess.

DLP does just this, except the price is the same for the day. I believe it does change at different times of the year, how often I don’t know.

If the return time is too far in the future they pause it.
To control how many people enter the LL. When too many people are entering the LL the price needs to go up so that it isn't worth it to skip the standby line at that moment.

nickys

Premium Member
To control how many people enter the LL. When too many people are entering the LL the price needs to go up so that it isn't worth it to skip the standby line at that moment.
Why not just pause the LL at that point?

DLP return times are pretty much immediate, 10 mins max. Once it reaches that, you simply can’t buy one until the wait time drops.

Disstevefan1

Not quite the same. A DAS user hasn't had instant LL access to any ride at any time since GAC. The point still stands though that the data analytics will do what they want with this LLPP: Provide a good enough experience that LLPP is return business at the experience of LLMP, Standby, or some combination of the 2.

My personal guess to they will reduce the LLMP availability down in the hopes that word of mouth spreads that LLPP is SOOOO much better than LLPP that some guests on the fence will upgrade.
I think the price is a natural limiting factor for LLPP and I presume there will be an actual cap on the number sold too.

nickys

Premium Member
In my vision, it would be so that LL is always available IF you are willing to pay some ridiculous price.
Ah, so making Disney more money.

I prefer just having to wait 10 minutes and pay the same.

Plus they let you buy up to 6 per ride (only one at a time). Not that WDW would allow that.

ConfettiCupcake

As a realistic adult, I am not naive and know the rea$on$ for all of these systems.

As a guest though, I just will never relate to hoping they figure out some new way to monetize the base park experience. I think acceptance is different from wishing they would fill our day with even more dynamic micro transactions.

Lilofan

Just think of all the sad little junior and senior VPs without a bigger bonus. Shame.
Don't need to be exec level to reap bonus payments . Invest long term in equity markets ( now in record territory ) , enjoy dividends annually in whatever makes you happy. That's a bonus baby nest egg annually.

Disstevefan1

This will be the end of the multi pass, they are piloting it at deluxe resorts. If it goes well everyone will be eligible and multi pass goes away. Thats my prediction.
Well if they have only LLPP and opened all standbys it will mostly resemble Universal Express pass.

A big difference is, Universal Express pass is FREE with stays in their three deluxe resorts.
A minor difference is Express Pass is not available for all attractions (I think)?

A huge plus for Disney's guests is not having to looks at the app all the time!!!

Vegas Disney Fan

Im curious. Again NOT defending Disney fully but what would everyone here do in regards to matter? Yes i agree they need capacity but im wondering if you were CEO would you really let a cash cow like this disappear?!? And not to get into another topic but everyone wanted to raise wages etc for CMs etc. Where did you all think that money was gonna come from?
I’d have continued to adjust ticket prices based on demand, we’ve all complained about rising ticket prices for years but at least you still got an amazing product for your money, this approach worked for 60 years, now it just feels like you are getting less for your money and being nickel and dimed to death (while they continue to raise ticket prices anyway).

I think this is why all inclusive options like cruises and all inclusive resorts have never been more popular, they are expensive but you know exactly what you’re getting and can simply relax on vacation without constantly worrying about pulling out your phone or wallet every 5 minutes.

It was understood at one point in time with this company that happy guests spend money, and that was the route to long term success.
It was also understood that happy guests would stay on property and wouldn’t want to leave the bubble to go to offsite hotels, restaurants, or other parks like Universal, Sea World, etc.

With all the eliminated benefits of staying on site it’s getting harder and harder to justify Disney food and lodging prices also.

It’s odd how value is a perception, I’d rather pay $250 upfront for a ticket that included everything (free FP, free Magic bands, etc) than pay $180 for a ticket, $25 for MLL, $30 for ILL, $30 for MB, etc… the price is virtually the same but one feels like a good value and the other feels like a rip off.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom