Lightning Lane Premier Pass

spresso81

I think what bothers me the most about this new pass is they offer it to Deluxe hotel guests trying to make it seem like a benefit only to fork over $400 to use a LL for each ride one time... If it was say $400 for non-Deluxe guests and some deep discount or free for Deluxe guests, it may actually help fill Deluxe rooms.

It is insulting

This must be a precursor to overhauling and raising prices of LL and pre-books. I am not sure who in their right mind would pay $400 for this service rather than $30 for a normal LL only to not need time windows and maybe get in a couple of extra rides.

I miss Kevin's declining by degrees. The last two years is freefalling from 20,000 ft without a parachute.

Quietmouse

So legit question, why are you going to to Disney world, when you can travel the world for much much cheaper ? I’m pretty sure a trip to Tokyo and visiting Disney sea is becoming a cheaper option this rate.

I know the demographic for Disney is the people who are making well over 6 figures, but even wealthy people have to be questioning these increase costs. There is more to enjoyment than Disney and Disney world and nothing about Disney output lately justifies these kind of prices.

JD80

So legit question, why are you going to to Disney world, when you can travel the world for much much cheaper ? I’m pretty sure a trip to Tokyo and visiting Disney sea is becoming a cheaper option this rate.

I know the demographic for Disney is the people who are making well over 6 figures, but even wealthy people have to be questioning these increase costs. There is more to enjoyment than Disney and Disney world and nothing about Disney output lately justifies these kind of prices.

Cost of getting my family over an ocean is mostly likely around $4500 before I do anything.

JD80

I think what bothers me the most about this new pass is they offer it to Deluxe hotel guests trying to make it seem like a benefit only to fork over $400 to use a LL for each ride one time... If it was say $400 for non-Deluxe guests and some deep discount or free for Deluxe guests, it may actually help fill Deluxe rooms.

It is insulting

This must be a precursor to overhauling and raising prices of LL and pre-books. I am not sure who in their right mind would pay $400 for this service rather than $30 for a normal LL only to not need time windows and maybe get in a couple of extra rides.

I miss Kevin's declining by degrees. The last two years is freefalling from 20,000 ft without a parachute.

Why is offering a premium product to a limited audience that is completely optional insulting? If there is no value to you, don't buy it.

phillip9698

It would cost my family of 4 $5000 to travel to Tokyo. That’s just the flight, no room, no food, no tickets to anything. Just the airfare.

Quietmouse

Cost of getting my family over an ocean is mostly likely around $4500 before I do anything.

my point was that their is more to life to Disney and there theme parks. There are some incredibly beautiful places to visit, even within the boundaries of America.

Nothing about what Disney is offering at this point screams let me pay 1 month of my salary for.

Angel Ariel

accessibility. While I'd love to take dd to TDS, the flight there is a huge barrier just from the length of it. Domestic flights are challenging enough, even when they're just like 2 hrs. Flying isn't really great for a lot of people with disabilities.

ETA: and engagement/ability to experience. The joy she has when she can experience the speed and movement that theme parks give is amazing. She can't experience many of those things in other ways.

Tiny Tim!

I like this for DLR and DCA. You could ride every LL attraction in both parks in a single day. I’ll just find the cheapest hotel to defray some of the cost. I’m going to Disneyland in January and will definitely buy this for my family if they aren’t sold out.
This would really add up at WDW. I couldn’t afford to do this for more than one park.

Vegas Disney Fan

It is insulting

I’d actually consider this if it was offered to moderates, which is probably why Disney is only offering it to deluxe resorts, they don’t want the people currently paying big bucks for the deluxe resorts to stay at a cheaper resort and use the savings to buy premium LL.

The flip side of that is if this was included free at the deluxe resorts a lot of the moderate guests would probably go to deluxes because they’d see far more value in the price.

I see some value in allowing you to get more rides done quickly, meaning less time at the parks and more time at your $800 a day resort, but it’s a steep price for a little more resort time though.

Last edited:

JD80

my point was that their is more to life to Disney and there theme parks. There are some incredibly beautiful places to visit, even within the boundaries of America.

Nothing about what Disney is offering at this point screams let me pay 1 month of my salary for.

You can say that about anything. The value of time and money are drastically different from person to person.

Vegas Disney Fan

It would cost my family of 4 $5000 to travel to Tokyo. That’s just the flight, no room, no food, no tickets to anything. Just the airfare.
Location is definitely a huge factor on how comparable prices are, our first trip to Paris was a result of how expensive flights to Orlando were at the time, we were planning a trip to WDW and flights were $500 a person rt, flights to Paris were $700 rt, made for an easy choice, if you are close enough to drive (or get cheap flights) that drastically affects the value equation.

UNCgolf

I’d actually consider this if it was offered to moderates, which is probably why Disney is only offering it to deluxe resorts, they don’t want the people currently paying big bucks for the deluxe resorts to stay at a cheaper resort and use the savings to buy premium LL.

The flip side of that is if this was included free at the deluxe resorts a lot of the moderate guests would probably go to deluxes because they’d see far more value in the price.

I see some value in allowing you to get more rides done quickly, meaning less time at the parks and more time at your $800 a day resort, but it’s a steep price for a little more resort time though.

I don't think they could make it free for all deluxe resorts; they have too many rooms.

They could end up with like 15k people (or more) with free LL access to every ride.

arich35

Not sure why anyone would be ed at this. You don't have to buy anything, doesn't effect the other offerings, and very few people will get this and if they do they aren't taking up return times

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom