Lightning Lane Premier Pass

Vegas Disney Fan

the saving grace for Disney in my case is that I can just drive there in a reasonable amount of time, so I don't have to deal with the hassle of time changes, all the time wasted traveling there and back, etc.; it's a much simpler/easier trip than going to Europe.

That said, we still haven't been to WDW in a few years and don't have any trips planned right now.
The irony is the mythical family in Colorado Disney talks about is the one most likely to choose to go to Europe rather than Disney, the “undesirable” locals are the ones most likely to keep going to Disney because it’s close and an easy trip for them. If Disney is trying to make the vacation more appealing to the once in a lifetime visitor they’re doing a horrible job.

Jrb1979

It is also the non-refundable nature of the product.

Suppose someone in your family simply doesn't feel up to going to the park that day. Like maybe they are tired, cold, dehydrated, sore feet, caught a cold, had a small injury, got motion sickness, etc.

If just one of those normal small things happens, it would really bite to have shelled out all that money.
That's no different than going to any other park. I get it. Disney is a week long vacation compared to a day trip to a regional park. They are now operating similar to regional parks

Splash4eva

Not "totally different".

Sure, there is more stuff that a VIP gets. but I am fairly confident that those who can afford it are more interested in skipping lines, than having someone fetching their coat and grabbing ice cream for them.
And in that case, the switch would make sense.

I am not an expert on VIP guest tours, so I don't know how often buyers repeat the rides. But I wouldn't be surprised that, for some of them, a single time is enough. Especially when there is a 7-hour window for the service (which you can Up$gra$de$ to 10).

Furthermore, since the price for VIP does not change based on party size, it's easier to just buy Premier LL than to look for 9 other people to share VIP with you.

To sum up, not saying one will be the doom of the other. but I do see why it would cannibalize it to an extent.
Also, premier will definitely sell more than VIP tours, but whether the incremental revenue will be accretive to the bottom line, only time will tell.
I never said it wouldnt sell more all i said were they were different products. Anyone who can afford to pay VIP tours now will continue to do so vs this “new” option. VIP is a way more superior product. So why would someone downgrade when money is not an factot

celluloid

What it points out is that Uni would probably take this perk away if they could.
Could? They always can. No obligation. It points out that the demand is set to be high.

Your second thought has evidence to the contrary. Saphire Falls for example, just shifted to a higher tier and price point.

JD80

In this thread: people thinking they need to buy this option.

Guess what, you can do the parks with any LL product and still have a comparable experience. The more money you spend the more convenient your day.

Just like back in the day you could stay at club level and get another fast pass. Or club 33 perks.

Jrb1979

Guess what, you can do the parks with any LL product and still have a comparable experience. The more money you spend the more convenient your day.

Just like back in the day you could stay at club level and get another fast pass. Or club 33 perks.
Agreed. Now just get rid of the cheap option and things will work better.

celluloid

Comparing and bringing up how this is no different than the recent LL or smear on what Club 33 is...not the best liked either.

More convivnient at others expense in every recent business model from the company.

JD80

Comparing and bringing up how this is no different than the recent LL or smear on what Club 33 is...not the best liked either.

More convivnient at others expense in every recent business model from the company.

Just pointing out that Disney parks always offered more to people with more money in one form or another.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom