Lightning Lane Premier Pass

nickys

Premium Member
This is what I don't understand. I mean, the tickets are good any time, vs a 7-hour VIP tour.

But let's say it's $280 per person per park. For 5 people and 2 parks that's $2,800, which is cheaper than the cheapest VIP tour. Why cannibalize VIP tours like that?

My initial thought is that the core VIP tour guests will continue to book them. For the Plaid, the personalisation, the extras - tangible or otherwise - , the experience etc.

However for guests that are contemplating a VIP tour just to knock out the headliners will go for the Premier Access Pass instead.

Fido Chuckwagon

VIP tour Disney has to pay a cast member. Premier Pass they don't AND more people can use it which equals more money. Why would Disney care about cannibalizing VIP?
@lentesta posted numbers a while back about how much money they make from VIP tours and it’s a ridiculously large sum on an annual basis. The cast member is making, what, $25 an hour? Probably less since they rely on tips. Even with fringe, that’s at most $35-$40 an hour in personnel costs versus what Disney is charging on an hourly basis.

JD80

This is what I don't understand. I mean, the tickets are good any time, vs a 7-hour VIP tour.

But let's say it's $280 per person per park. For 5 people and 2 parks that's $2,800, which is cheaper than the cheapest VIP tour. Why cannibalize VIP tours like that?

The answer is probably simple. Disney has data that that they think shows that this is a Goldilocks price point that captures people who wants a VIP like your experience but can't quite afford or want to pay that pricetag.

They settle for line skipping but don't need/want/can't afford the catered personal experience.

OR

It's for couples or small groups families/groups that aren't 10 strong to make the hourly rate more acceptable.

OR

People that don't want another person with them throughout their day.

It's the introvert pass.

ConfettiCupcake

I can’t help but laugh at anybody who ever thought this was going to be a semi-affordable option to be celebrated.

Just like the arrival of paid FP in the first place, we as the guests are never going to be better off when they start unbundling and charging for things. This is that to the extreme. I don’t believe for a second this won’t snowball and have a noticeable impact on the average guest. They hate leaving money on the table. If there’s capacity they’re going to sell it.

Indy_UK

I get why they have done this but won't affect 99% of people but it does add another confusing layer on top of everything else. I'd like this version to do well to the point that they scrap the regular Genie+ but that isn't going to happen.

For the price though, you shouldn't be capped at 1 ride per day.

JD80

I get why they have done this but won't affect 99% of people but it does add another confusing layer on top of everything else. I'd like this version to do well to the point that they scrap the regular Genie+ but that isn't going to happen.

For the price though, you shouldn't be capped at 1 ride per day.

This is for deluxe guests only so most people won't even see this as an option.

bmr1591

Oh screw this, it's limited now, but it's a matter of time before this is forced on the average guest. This is insanely greedy and the prices are absurd.

How does it going unlimited force it onto anyone? It’s an optional add on that isn’t even required to enjoy the parks at its lowest price point. Would you prefer this be $50 per person and we just get rid of standby lines? Because everyone and their mother would have it and the parks would be miserable.

JD80

Surprised they gimped it to deluxe guests only for WDW. Would not be surprised if that factor changes later.

Because you could get one or two LLPP for free on the difference between deluxe hotel rack rates and all star music.

They really want to limit this offering.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom