Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

yensid1967

#1- I would like to know the REASON for the price hikes? The argument on crowd size doesn't work!
#2- Does that $1 really making that much of a difference to a large company like Disney?

Epcot81Fan

Anecdotally, the “water cooler” reaction I hear from people that have returned from WDW in the past couple of years is fundamentally different than a decade ago.

Disney underestimates the long-term impact of these negative experiences on future visits from them and their peers.

Sure, you coerced them to pay this time, that doesn’t mean that it was a positive experience.

You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only slaughter it once.

Last edited:

Disstevefan1

Yes there are channels out there who like to bash Disney but if there are folks who don't think that the wait times are inflated most of the time (no matter what the cause may be), they are not looking at the posted wait times.

I am sure the fact that most wait times are inflated is purely coincidental ;) or its just Disney cannot accurately measure wait times since they got rid of the red cards on the lanyards.

Disstevefan1

#1- I would like to know the REASON for the price hikes? The argument on crowd size doesn't work!
#2- Does that $1 really making that much of a difference to a large company like Disney?
In my opinion -
1. they need to make more money from less visitors.
2. That dollar is PURE PROFIT, its an arbitrary increase for no reason, its money for NOTHING!

JMcMahonEsq

1# to make money, and because the market will apparently support it? The LLs sell out repeatedly, and quickly, showing if anything they are UNDER priced. Any increase is straight profit without any corresponding costs.

2# 1 dollar of straight profit, for every single LL purchase, of every single quest every day, is a great way to make money, and that minimally effects its customers.

yensid1967

In my opinion -
1. they need to make more money from less visitors.
2. That dollar is PURE PROFIT, its an arbitrary increase for no reason, its money for NOTHING!
I AM NOT saying that they should not make money, but I think they should make it a PASS price that includes LL attractions and have a band for those not using their phones (at least a choice), or they can show their phones at each attraction when they get in the LL lanes. (I may be a little confused on how LLMP or SP works)
If you buy a LL Multi Pass do you still have to get in a boarding group or virtual Queue? I assume SINGLE Pass is for those rides that are must do's? do you have to rely on your phones all day long like Genie+?
-I guess Disney needs to make some money toward that $60 billion park investment!:happy:

Disstevefan1

I AM NOT saying that they should not make money, but I think they should make it a PASS price that includes LL attractions and have a band for those not using their phones (at least a choice), or they can show their phones at each attraction when they get in the LL lanes. (I may be a little confused on how LLMP or SP works)
If you buy a LL Multi Pass do you still have to get in a boarding group or virtual Queue? I assume SINGLE Pass is for those rides that are must do's? do you have to rely on your phones all day long like Genie+?
-I guess Disney needs to make some money toward that $60 billion park investment!:happy:
I don't want to even think how LITTLE of that $60 billion park investment WDW will get!

Well we wont know for AT LEAST 10 years to find out....

Splash4eva

100% yes, I’d rather they raise ticket prices and keep perks like Magical Express, FP, luggage delivery, etc… the end price may be the same but at least I felt I got value for my money, now it just feels like we’re being nickel and dimed to death the whole time we’re at the parks.

It’s why we fly United and Delta over Spirit and Frontier, you pay more but you get more for your money. Disney feels like Spirit airlines now and they should find that insulting.

The sad thing is we’ve discussed doing resort only vacations at WDW and there’s a very real possibility we will in the future. MK and HS are our least favorite parts of a WDW vacation, we still enjoy the less-ride focused parks like EP and AK though so we’ll probably continue to visit them also. What used to be 6-7 days at WDW is quickly turning into 3 though.
Okay so we are somewhat on the same page. They should have somehow “baked” into prices whether hotel/tickets etc the cost they wanted to charge for FP. I can agree with you there and make the customer feel they are getting value.

MrPromey

That's crazy. At least for us, if we are going to upwards of $50 or higher, make it easier to use and remove return times, and advanced booking.

Then they'd have to severely limit the sale of it to prevent nightmare scenarios for all guests involved during the busiest times of day so of course, they'd never offer it that way unless it was a LOT more expensive than $50.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom