Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

Jrb1979

They can be paired with either a VQ for riding twice per day (or three times on Mondays if you're in a Deluxe).

Or, they can be paired with Standby for multiple rides per day.

I don't want to think how much a "cut the line as many times as you like" pass would cost... Oh year, I do... approximately $3100 to $6,300.
Nothing wrong with that. Universal does it best. I wished Disney copied the Express pass when they changed to Genie+.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They can be paired with either a VQ for riding twice per day (or three times on Mondays if you're in a Deluxe).

Or, they can be paired with Standby for multiple rides per day.

I don't want to think how much a "cut the line as many times as you like" pass would cost... Oh year, I do... approximately $3100 to $6,300.
Really?

So is that a recent change?

Because buying the lane Eliminated the virtual queue and Vice versa not that long ago. Everything was capped at one.

Because Bob mismanaged capacity for the better part of 20 years while we “experienced boo bash”…but I digress

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Really?

Because buying the lane Eliminated the virtual queue and Vice versa not that long ago. Everything was capped at one.

Because Bob mismanaged capacity for the better part of 20 years while we “experienced boo bash”…but I digress
Last September I rode Cosmic Rewind 3 times in one day. First I got place in the VQ then I bought an ILL and then I snagged another VQ in the 6pm drop

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Last September I rode Cosmic Rewind 3 times in one day. First I got place in the VQ then I bought an ILL and then I snagged another VQ in the 6pm drop
Was the sequence the important part?
VQ first…Eliminating that

Buy…cause money…but I didn’t know you could do that?

6Pm is the “deluxe only” in park, correct?

Elizabeth Swann

Premium Member
In the Parks
No

I did VQ first because at that time it was going faster than the ILL. We only had the one day in the park on that trip and I knew we would want to ride it as much as we could. Yes 6PM drop was for deluxe only. We rented points and stayed at AKL that trip

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You can only purchase them once a day.
He’s not saying that’s NOT the case

But what I’m wondering is I thought (probably incorrectly) that the app knocked you out for double up?

I mean…I get sell ILL to anyone who wants it. But double virtual queue makes zero sense

The whole reason for the virtual queue in the first place is because they wrecked capacity

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Really?

Since GotG opened it’s been possible.

Not sure about Rise because I was avoiding any chance of spoilers so didn’t read anything about it.

MagicHappens1971

It doesn't matter what order. You can do the VQ & ILL together. I rode Guardians 4 times last year by doing the 7AM virtual queue, buying the ILL, doing the 6pm virtual queue, and then using two members of our party who did not want to ride again MagicBands.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It doesn't matter what order. You can do the VQ & ILL together. I rode Guardians 4 times last year by doing the 7AM virtual queue, buying the ILL, doing the 6pm virtual queue, and then using two members of our party who did not want to ride again MagicBands.
…I love the ride…but you might still be gripping the bar too tight.

It’s an amusement park, not a graduate thesis 🤓

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe I've never noticed, but aside from price raises, F&B prices do not change from season to season. I've visited WDW nearly twice a month for the past two years, and prior to that, between 3-6 times a year.
They started charging surcharges at sit downs at “peak” times a number of years ago…most buffets (the biggest ripoffs most of the time)…

…but they may have dumped that and just charged the highest they want at all times now 🤪

My point was F&B is not dynamic as stated. It’s nonsensical to suggest it.

Are their LED boards above all food outlets that change by the day? No…of course not

MagicHappens1971

They started charging surcharges at sit downs at “peak” times a number of years ago…most buffets (the biggest ripoffs most of the time)…

…but they may have dumped that and just charged the highest they want at all times now 🤪

My point was F&B is not dynamic as stated. It’s nonsensical to suggest it.

Are there LED boards above all food outlets that change by the day? No…of course not
I don’t do too much sit down so that may be why I didn’t notice. They may have dumped that altogether though. I definitely agree that the F&B pricing is not dynamic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom