Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

C33Mom

Booked my LLMP for our trip that starts next Sat. Was booking for MK and DHS which days 5 and 6 of our trip - got what I wanted and with at least 1 pretty early LL

I tried to modify Pirates that be earlier but earliest available now is 9:55. Mansion they have a 9:20 but it won't let me modify to that so guessing can't have overlap before "day of"
I was able to get about 10-15m overlaps for some of my pre books during the initial pre-purchase shuffle, but now they seem to be holding the line on no more than 15m when I monkey around. Sometimes I’ve had to take a gamble cancelling one LL return so I can move another to a better time and then rebooking the one I cancelled. I wouldn’t do this for the hard to get headliners though. Most of my Tier 2s are throwaways.
Someone wanted me to check for availability sooner in my trip so after booking these I checked for day 2 of my trip (so day after arrival) and at first everything was available but then Tiana's went before I booked it, so tried for BTMRR plus same as above and would have gotten it all with a first LL return time of around noon
I check a few times a day since booking on Wednesday and have been able to get much better times for the few things I wanted to adjust EXCEPT Tiana’s —though I’ve been stymied by a mid-day TS reservation. I have see Tiana’s and Slinky come and go at 4/5/6 days out but they are later in the afternoon/evening times.
Thanks. We check in on a Saturday and our MK day is Tuesday. Hopefully I’m successful!
I don’t think you’re going to have any problem if you’re going during the next month slow season. We checked in Wed with MK on Sat (same spread), booked it first, and had a TBA return time before 1pm (I suspect it would be earlier if we didn’t have an 11AM brunch).

nickys

Premium Member
@C33Mom , once you tap in to your first ride you can then get bigger overlaps. It seems to be tied to the unlocking of tier restrictions.

MDE may still only offer 10-15 minutes overlap but you can modify and get a bigger overlap.,

C33Mom

@C33Mom , once you tap in to your first ride you can then get bigger overlaps. It seems to be tied to the unlocking of tier restrictions.

MDE may still only offer 10-15 minutes overlap but you can modify and get a bigger overlap.,
Thank you! I plan to try it out this Friday at AK (possibly Thursday depending on how exhausted we are after EEH Wednesday)— will definitely try to modify on the way to the park, after tapping into park, and after tapping into LL…will do my best to remember to report back during downtime.

nickys

Premium Member
Thank you! I plan to try it out this Friday at AK (possibly Thursday depending on how exhausted we are after EEH Wednesday)— will definitely try to modify on the way to the park, after tapping into park, and after tapping into LL…will do my best to remember to report back during downtime.
Unlocking only happens when you tap into an LL.
Leaving one to expire doesn’t work either.

nickys

Premium Member
How does that work with packages? Without having to reserve parks, Disney doesn’t know which day we’ll use our tickets.
Do you mean buying the multipassLL for your party day?

I guess it will let you buy them it but then not let you redeem the LLs if you don’t tap into the park with a day ticket.

Purduevian

Regarding booking windows for offsite guests... If you have a multiday ticket, can you book length of the ticket 3 days out from the first day you plan to use it, or from the first day the ticket is valid?

Example. Assume I wanted to go to do 4 straight days of Disney on 15,16,17,18. Assume I buy a ticket that is valid for August 12th-18th.

Can I book August 15th-18th LLs on the 12th (3 days before my first day) or the 9th (3 days before the ticket is valid)?

TheMaxRebo

Regarding booking windows for offsite guests... If you have a multiday ticket, can you book length of the ticket 3 days out from the first day you plan to use it, or from the first day the ticket is valid?

Example. Assume I wanted to go to do 4 straight days of Disney on 15,16,17,18. Assume I buy a ticket that is valid for August 12th-18th.

Can I book August 15th-18th LLs on the 12th (3 days before my first day) or the 9th (3 days before the ticket is valid)?

It should be 3 days out from the first value date as that is when you could start booking LL for, but I haven't tested it

nickys

Premium Member

You can book on the 9th.

DisneyDreamer08

I understna

i understand but if you stay 7 nights and have 4 day tickets could you book on your party day even though you’re not using a day ticket then.
Ah I see what you’re saying. Yeah I’m honestly not sure how that would work. We have 4 day park hoppers but we’re not planning to go to a park on our party day. Our party day is our final day though so maybe once we tap in the 4 previous days, the LL for Tron would be removed?

nickys

Premium Member
I understna

i understand but if you stay 7 nights and have 4 day tickets could you book on your party day even though you’re not using a day ticket then.
In this case you would be allowed to book for any 4 days during the validity period of your tickets.

You could book for your party day as long as you hadn’t already booked for 4 days. But you wouldn’t be able to use them without using a day on your tickets.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Have they implemented the policy of cancellation if you cancel your WDW resort stay?https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/lightning-lane-passes/#

What will happen to my Lightning Lane Multi Pass if I cancel or modify my Resort hotel reservation?

Answer​

Lightning Lane Multi Pass is nonrefundable. If you cancel or modify your Resort hotel reservation after you’ve already purchased a Lightning Lane Multi Pass, then your selected attractions and arrival windows are subject to cancellation based on eligibility rules.
When you become eligible to make Lightning Lane selections again, then you can use the My Disney Experience app to choose available Lightning Lane Multi Pass experiences and arrival windows for the pass you previously purchased.

So looks like your ride reservations booked 7 days in advance will be cancelled and when you get to 3 days before the start of your ticket you will be able to book reservations again for the days you bought. No word on what happens if you then move your date based ticket to a later date. I assume there should be a way to also move the LL back as well but it doesn’t say.

seabreezept813

In this case you would be allowed to book for any 4 days during the validity period of your tickets.

You could book for your party day as long as you hadn’t already booked for 4 days. But you wouldn’t be able to use them without using a day on your tickets.
Ok that makes sense, with all the new changes i wondered if packages would be different, seeing they are trying to incentivize staying at resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom