Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

ToTBellHop

Depends on their age, or attitude.

It's the formal restaurant of MK. A place to get dressed up for. It's not Chef Mickey's.
Uh, no. MK has no formal restaurants. But, if you’d like to wear a suit to hug Cinderella fresh off your death march in 95 degrees, live your truth. You’ll be surrounded by toddlers.
1721214065214.gif

JD80

Agree 100%....this just brings back the "broken" part of FP+....I honestly dont understand why they did this after reading about it

I know I'm 2 pages behind replying to this but most people are completely ignoring that it's extremely unlikely that Disney will be dumping all the LLMP inventory at +7 days because of this reason.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I know I'm 2 pages behind replying to this but most people are completely ignoring that it's extremely unlikely that Disney will be dumping all the LLMP inventory at +7 days because of this reason.
Yeah, I would expect additional drops during the day. It will likely still be beneficial to check for updates through out the day. I’m interested to see if it’s similar to Genie+ with somewhat predictable times or more random.

Purduevian

My guess you will get inventory at +7 / +3 / Morning of / Throughout they day.
I would actually be surprised if they did drops at +3 and morning of as it dilutes the value of the resort "perk". I think the drops throughout the day are kind of like calling boarding groups, if the ride is running well, drop more LLs to make more people happy. If the ride was broken down a lot, don't drop many/any as there will be people with multiple experience passes coming this evening.

DCLcruiser

This is the kind of advice that makes people hostile to “Disney adults.” At first I was sure CRT must have meant something other than Cinderella’s Royal Table, but from subsequent context it appears I did read it correctly.

It’s a make believe restaurant with Cinderella and her princess friends that is geared towards children (complete with kids menu and kids pricing)— it is objectively unreasonable to go there expecting an adults only experience. If you want to get engaged somewhere without children, pick one of the places or activities where children are excluded by Disney.

My daughter liked CRT best around age 4 or 5 through age 7 and at age 9 she finds it less magical now that she knows the princesses aren’t real. I would hate for some other family to miss the magic of taking their kids to CRT because a stranger told them it should be saved for adults.
$84/adult pre-fixe menu is not exactly a children's restaurant. The staffing and interiors are above the norm. It is designed to be more formal than your average restaurant at MK. Children can of course go, but it's a fancier meal for them to meet princesses.

The last time we ate at CRT we had gone home first, changed into nighttime dinner attire and returned to MK.

I work in Manhattan so none of the dining options on property are really that amazing, but we and many others elevate certain restaurants. Makes for a better date night with the wife.

Lol, what? It’s a princess meal inside the Magic Kingdom. Go get engaged at Victoria & Albert’s if you don’t ant to be around children.
Tell that to all of the guests who get engaged at CRT (not me, but I have seen it many times). It has a special ambiance, maturity and elegance that is above most of the other dining options in the park.

Uh, no. MK has no formal restaurants. But, if you’d like to wear a suit to hug Cinderella fresh off your death march in 95 degrees, live your truth. You’ll be surrounded by toddlers.
View attachment 801147
Hasn't happened yet for dinner. Maybe breakfast/lunch.

Good lord, no wonder people hate "disney adults". 🙄 Get over yourself, dude.
The parks were made for adults too. There are certain areas designed to be more mature than others.

Monsieur Paul and Takumi-Tei are probably the only restaurants inside a theme park I would not expect to hear screaming children at during my meal.
Those are certainly great examples of more formal dining options. I would add Jaleo at Disney Springs to that.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I would actually be surprised if they did drops at +3 and morning of as it dilutes the value of the resort "perk". I think the drops throughout the day are kind of like calling boarding groups, if the ride is running well, drop more LLs to make more people happy. If the ride was broken down a lot, don't drop many/any as there will be people with multiple experience passes coming this evening.
This is what I was thinking too. The extra drops would be more due to smoothing out operations then holding back for people who didn’t get a chance to book. I assume staffing is set a week in advance so they would have a good idea how much capacity would be available.

JD80

I posted this already here I think but if there are a total of 100 LLMP slots for the day, I think you'll see something like

-60 slots at +7
-10 slots at +3
-10 slots at day of
-20 slots during the day.

Or something in that realm. They want everyone to buy it, so they have to offer some enticing ride to get people in. Remember, you get to see what you're purchasing before pay, so if all the T1s are gong by day 4, who is buying the service?

Kingoglow

That CRT take was pretty crazy. Your engagement, your problem. You are not going to be able to stop kids from being in the Magic Kingdom.

Take your engagement proposal elsewhere more private. It's not like WDW guests, even the adults, are all too interested in your proposal.

And I am sure that the self-indulgence of making a private matter very public is a bit disruptive to the operations of CRT.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I posted this already here I think but if there are a total of 100 LLMP slots for the day, I think you'll see something like

-60 slots at +7
-10 slots at +3
-10 slots at day of
-20 slots during the day.

Or something in that realm. They want everyone to buy it, so they have to offer some enticing ride to get people in. Remember, you get to see what you're purchasing before pay, so if all the T1s are gong by day 4, who is buying the service?
It’s possible but I think the tier 1 limitation is designed to address this. If you can only book 1 tier 1 then they should not all be sold out at +7. On busy days the more popular times and maybe more popular rides could be.

If what I said above is not true then not sure economically it would benefit Disney to hold some back If the supply is less than demand overall. The 60 slots released at +7 in your example would all sell out with some people shut out and then you would have resort guests unhappy and not buying in to the system. They would possibly get in line with non-resort guests at day +3 or day off to hope to get one of those 20 extra slots released and if they got shut out again they don’t buy. The point is Disney sells the same 80 units whether 60 go to resort guests and 20 go to anyone who gets in at a later time or they release all 80 to resort guests at day +7. I think the 7 days is intended to give resort guests the more favorable time slots and rides but they expect to have openings still +3 and day of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom