Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

Jumping Fountains

No no no, Disney is intentionally leaving revenue on the table for no other reason than to screw UK guests, don't you see?

Honestly, I don't even understand what conspiracy is being alleged here. "Disney screws XYZ category of guest to maximize their profits" is a conspiracy that's at least plausible. But in this case people are saying "Disney screws UK guests to... minimze?... their profits."
I can’t speak for the affected parties, but they’re probably upset in part because it doesn’t seem like the company is even saying that it’s committed to changing/solving the issue. I haven’t been following the messaging super-closely though.

Purduevian

The first few parks seem generally correct to me, but I can’t imagine putting Navi at the top of any list ever, let alone ahead of the other rides at AK.

based purely on wait time….similar to Pan at MK. No sane adult can argue Pirates or HM are lesser than Peter Pan but from a standby wait they are.
Yeah basically I was trying to rank them in terms of times saved value/odds that it will run out.

Navi is probably ride #5 but a quick look at thrill data...
Wait time average in the past year, LL sell out time in the past week
FOP: 95 minute wait, ILL sell out 1:13pm
Navi: 64 minute wait, LL sell out 5:13pm
EE: 43 minute wait, LL sell out 5:47
Kali: 40 minute wait, LL sell out 4:22pm
Safari: 37 minute wait, LL sell out 5:39pm

I probably should have split Kali into Hot and Cold weather. Hot weather its probably more valuable than everything but Navi. Cold weather its probably bottom of the barrel.

Purduevian

Unless the wait is under 10 minutes, Disney would have to pay me to ride Navi. One of my few theme park regrets was waiting over an hour for that the one time I've ridden.
A beautifully themed, 0 height, 0/minimal thrill, family ride is exactly what DHS and DAK need more of.

The 2 biggest problems with it are:
1) Low capacity. It should have used Pirates/small world boats and taken wider turns
2) It should have been the third ride in the land, not the second. If they had built the Banshee coaster, FOP, and Navi, it would act more like the Alien Swirling Saucers in Toy story land (a fun diversion from the 2 bigger more elaborate rides)

Disstevefan1

A beautifully themed, 0 height, 0/minimal thrill, family ride is exactly what DHS and DAK need more of.

The 2 biggest problems with it are:
1) Low capacity. It should have used Pirates/small world boats and taken wider turns
2) It should have been the third ride in the land, not the second. If they had built the Banshee coaster, FOP, and Navi, it would act more like the Alien Swirling Saucers in Toy story land (a fun diversion from the 2 bigger more elaborate rides)
Navi is a nice little family attraction. Like everywhere in WDW, folks are starved for attractions, so there will be a wait.

Last edited:

Mark Dunne

Navi I found enjoyable it was a nice time out ride
Yeah its a tough one, i like the the visuals and the Shaman is amazing, but it needs a drop or something to get it going, its an awful queue, yes shaded, but just when you think your near the front, it seems to take an age to get there, unless you LL, i enjoyed it more this year than a couple of years ago, and i suppose for me, thats just it, when we visit each jan, attractions like E.E, FOP, are must does for us, but NRC is a once in maybe 2 years ride for us. my wife likes it more than me i think. but can all agree its nice to sit for a few minutes and relax . :)

Saskdw

I can’t speak for the affected parties, but they’re probably upset in part because it doesn’t seem like the company is even saying that it’s committed to changing/solving the issue. I haven’t been following the messaging super-closely though.
I think that is the biggest issue at this point. Zero communication from Disney on the topic.

easyrowrdw

HS may be the easiest to obtain every attraction with a little research when the drops are….
I dunno. I’m quite into Disney and have no clue when drop times are. Outside of vague mentions here I don’t think I’d even know that there were specific times that they released more passes. I certainly wouldn’t expect a new visitor to know anything about it.

Splash4eva

I dunno. I’m quite into Disney and have no clue when drop times are. Outside of vague mentions here I don’t think I’d even know that there were specific times that they released more passes. I certainly wouldn’t expect a new visitor to know anything about it.
Again a little research and asking around goes a long way… and this brings us to the debate where people should be rewarded for doing such…

easyrowrdw

Again a little research and asking around goes a long way… and this brings us to the debate where people should be rewarded for doing such…
I think the amount of research needed to get even close to the level of knowledge you (or many other posters here have) is way more than a little. I don’t see any issue with that difference leading to better outcomes for you. I also see how it can be frustrating for novice visitors though.

Saskdw

Reality is Disney didn't design this system for the park commandos. They and most people would consider 5 or 6 LL's a successful day.

Example of a good day for us:

Arrive at AK around 11am-noon.

Paid LL for FoP
Prebooked LL at 7 days out for Safari, Navi, and EE.

After using first LL grab an evening LL for Soarin at EP also have a paid LL for Guardians.

Late afternoon break at resort before heading to EP for a dinner reservation, ride our 2 rides and maybe watch fireworks.

We would consider that a great day. 6 rides with no line. Also possibilities to hop on some lesser rides with little wait as well.

Splash4eva

I think the amount of research needed to get even close to the level of knowledge you (or many other posters here have) is way more than a little. I don’t see any issue with that difference leading to better outcomes for you. I also see how it can be frustrating for novice visitors though.
Dont get me wrong i totally understand but all im saying is if you are spending all this money you should be prepared… im going to Bahamas in august Baha Mar. you sure bet im asking everyone what i should or shouldn't be doing and how to do it before i get there…

Purduevian

It really has a steep learning curve. If Splash and others on here have 100% perfected G+, someone could probably get to 85%-90% with as little as 5 minutes of research. That last 10%-15% takes a good amount of effort to get.

For instance, I think if someone knew the following, they could have a great day with G+
  • Book your first one at 7am on the dot
    • Know the priorities for each park
  • A new LL can be booked when you tap into your most recently booked LL or 2 hours after you booked it
    • the 2 hour timer starts when the park opens
    • Recommendation to set an alarm 1 hour and 59 mins after you book if your LL is more than 2 hours away
    • Book a new one immediately when you can and modify it if it isn't what you want
  • Spend a few minutes modifying every time you book looking for exactly what you want, but be quick because others may be doing the same
    • The more time you spend modifying, the best your odds of getting what you want
^that would probably get you a very successful day every day of the year.

Splash4eva

It really has a steep learning curve. If Splash and others on here have 100% perfected G+, someone could probably get to 85%-90% with as little as 5 minutes of research. That last 10%-15% takes a good amount of effort to get.

For instance, I think if someone knew the following, they could have a great day with G+
  • Book your first one at 7am on the dot
    • Know the priorities for each park
  • A new LL can be booked when you tap into your most recently booked LL or 2 hours after you booked it
    • the 2 hour timer starts when the park opens
    • Recommendation to set an alarm 1 hour and 59 mins after you book if your LL is more than 2 hours away
    • Book a new one immediately when you can and modify it if it isn't what you want
  • Spend a few minutes modifying every time you book looking for exactly what you want, but be quick because others may be doing the same
    • The more time you spend modifying, the best your odds of getting what you want
^that would probably get you a very successful day every day of the year.
Thats basically my point. Listen noone will be an expert etc but the system again as much as i hate to admit was not allll that bad and imo anything that lets me skip lines is a plus even if you were only able to get 5-6 rides is worth it while on vacation.

C33Mom

Unless the wait is under 10 minutes, Disney would have to pay me to ride Navi. One of my few theme park regrets was waiting over an hour for that the one time I've ridden.
Yes, this is how I feel about Navi (I don’t especially care for FoP either, but it’s way better than Navi). We did Navi on a FP and I was still thinking “this is wasted time.” It’s possible I might have appreciated it more during summer heat.

pdude81

If folk are paying the exact same price for a product but getting a much worse product than others is that entitled? I wonder how you'd feel if US guests were put to the back of the queue. There are of course a million more important things to worry about in the world but having paid many thousands of pounds for a holiday only to have the company you've bought it from change the terms at the last minute I think international guests are entitled to feel a bit miffed.
Let's remember that US guests don't get to buy 14 day tickets though. We can only do 10 day tickets at a higher per day cost. So in the case of base tickets, US guests pay just about the same amount of money for an inferior product.

I agree that not letting foreign guests purchase LL ahead of the visit is trash and should be rectified. Hopefully they can at least let travel agents purchase or book these on behalf of guests in the interim.

nickys

Premium Member
Let's remember that US guests don't get to buy 14 day tickets though. We can only do 10 day tickets at a higher per day cost. So in the case of base tickets, US guests pay just about the same amount of money for an inferior product.

I agree that not letting foreign guests purchase LL ahead of the visit is trash and should be rectified. Hopefully they can at least let travel agents purchase or book these on behalf of guests in the interim.
You can buy them. The days of having to be resident in the UK or EU are long gone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom