Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

Splash4eva

yeah, should be at least 3x higher - at that price sold out at DHS, needs to be at a price vast majority won't pay. Otherwise people almost feel like the *have* to have it to avoid super long lines
Just wondering. If the vast majority dont pay that means they will be in the standby line instead of the LL line creating basically the same wait times… and yes i watched the documentary

TheMaxRebo

Just wondering. If the vast majority dont pay that means they will be in the standby line instead of the LL line creating basically the same wait times… and yes i watched the documentary

yes, but at least they aren't paying extra or feeling they have to pay extra that day and less % taken from the LL should make standby lines at least move more (even if same time will feel more productive) and people who pay will use more on the bigger rides so really should make lines at C and D tickets flow better, etc

And then the people that are willing to pay, should be shorter LL lines and more availability for LL so feel like gettig more for their money - at least my thinking ... like at Universal, it costs a lot more but if you get it you feel like you get more out of it

el_super

It is what it is sadly and until they add capacity nothing will change.

Adding capacity won't fix the problem. There will always be some rides with higher demand than others. That's just the way it works.

If there absolutely has to be a line skip, give everyone three and be done with it.

Let's just go with the lottery system Tokyo used: Show up, submit you ticket and get randomly assigned rides. No refunds / no exchanges and no standby.

mattpeto

yeah, should be at least 3x higher - at that price sold out at DHS, needs to be at a price vast majority won't pay. Otherwise people almost feel like the *have* to have it to avoid super long lines
I know you're speaking from an Ops perspective, but they don't want to price out nearly everyone like Universal does with their line skipping system. Disney wants a large majority of the guests to shop/eat instead of waiting in lines and also feel like they are skipping some lines.

While Genie+ is absolutely a revenue driven initiative, the $40/person during their busiest week isn't them price gauging, it's simply playing the demand/supply lever.

For those concerned about being $50/person at some point, I'd watch the Individual Lightning Lane prices. They are somewhat in tandem in terms of ratio and guest expectations.

Laketravis

It's worth noting that many of the original legacy attractions also have the highest operational capacities. For instance, Haunted Mansion (2800 per hour) accommodates 40% more guests per day than Guardians Cosmic Rewind (2000 per hour).

So even Disney can't manipulate numbers. If there are 50k people in the park over a 12 hour period and a popular attraction has an operational capacity of 2,000 per hour - more than half of the people in the park that day won't be able to utilize that attraction in even the most ideal of conditions.

No matter how much they might be willing to pay.

Last edited:

John park hopper

Maybe Disney should require you supply your W-2 form in order to determine if you are income worthy to enter WDW (sarcasm)

aladdin2007

Maybe Disney should require you supply your W-2 form in order to determine if you are income worthy to enter WDW (sarcasm)
it does actually feel like its coming to that doesn't it, its getting way too complicated just like everything else. They don't want you to have an enjoyable day, they want you clicking and charging clicking and charging.

TQQQ

It's really hard to forecast next year because the system is likely to be revamped.

Sure it's profit centered, but currently they are playing with levers based on demand and expected value.

For it's flaws (6:50 AM wakeup call, price, etc.) - it's way more valuable in terms of line skipping than FP+. To get 4+ valued Genie+ LL is pretty simple and for other guest who want to maximize value, they can get a dozen at MK.

Just wait till you have to tap into Muppets and BatB to get another LL. I'm hoping they re-think their current plans.
Thinking tiers might only apply to pre booking. Tiers for everyone would completely destroy the value of Genie+ and they aren’t going to mess with that.

TQQQ

You can find some decent QS food at WDW, but you have to know where to go. But if you’re a picky eater who will only do burgers and Pizza, you’re going to be disappointed. That being said, the MK is generally terrible for both QS and TS all around and anyone who likes QS pizza or Chinese at Disney Parks QS locations may be a serial killer.
Will only do burgers and pizza? Is that considered picky or did I miss the joke? We only dine at signature restaurants when go b I think most of the other food is terrible

Last edited:

TQQQ

Adding capacity won't fix the problem. There will always be some rides with higher demand than others. That's just the way it works.

Let's just go with the lottery system Tokyo used: Show up, submit you ticket and get randomly assigned rides. No refunds / no exchanges and no standby.
Ahhhhh. No

TheMaxRebo

So Genie+ same price today so didn't adjust it with DHS selling the out yesterday

Which makes me think they aren't really adjusting it by day based on recent past so feels like they could have the price known ahead of time. Not the only issue with the system but not knowing exactly how much you will pay until morning if does not start the day off with positive feelings

DCBaker

Premium Member
Genie+ at Disney's Hollywood Studios/Multiple Parks has sold out.

IMG_74144C14DCB5-1.jpeg

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
So Genie+ same price today so didn't adjust it with DHS selling the out yesterday

Which makes me think they aren't really adjusting it by day based on recent past so feels like they could have the price known ahead of time. Not the only issue with the system but not knowing exactly how much you will pay until morning if does not start the day off with positive feelings
I think the sell out has more to do with DHS having the smallest available number of G+ allocations available of all the parks. The more people who purchase it, the worse the experience is for everyone. So I can't imagine they'd increase the price beyond the current max.

I'd be surprised if the average guest who had it, got more than 2 or 3 uses out of it given the crowd levels.

TheMaxRebo

I think the sell out has more to do with DHS having the smallest available number of G+ allocations available of all the parks. The more people who purchase it, the worse the experience is for everyone. So I can't imagine they'd increase the price beyond the current max.

I'd be surprised if the average guest who had it, got more than 2 or 3 uses out of it given the crowd levels.

Just checking and at this point people who buy it should at least have two booked and only thing gone is SDD. Several don't have return times until 5pm or 7pm for some ... So guess see what is still left after 1 pm, the latest a third could be booked.

Sucks to have to pay, but there are currently 7 g+ attractions at DHS with posted standby waits of more than one hour, and an hour of park time is worth at least $12, so skipping 3 or more of those lines can make the cost worth it

TheMaxRebo

DHS may be even worse during Presidents Day or Easter with RnRC closed and only 8 rides operating.

(if none of the others break down)

RNRC is currently down, so probably similar to today, but yeah - that park really can handle when rides go down (and they have a few that are down at least an hour every day .... Could use a few more low tech/high reliability rides)

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Just checking and at this point people who buy it should at least have two booked and only thing gone is SDD. Several don't have return times until 5pm or 7pm for some ... So guess see what is still left after 1 pm, the latest a third could be booked.

Sucks to have to pay, but there are currently 7 g+ attractions at DHS with posted standby waits of more than one hour, and an hour of park time is worth at least $12, so skipping 3 or more of those lines can make the cost worth it
Nothing more fun than rope dropping with a couple of screaming kids in a packed park only to have to force yourself to stay so that you can redeem a G+ ride reservation 7 hours in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom