Lighthouse Point to welcome guests in Summer 2024

Railking55

I was surprised when we arrived at Lookout Cay at the length of the pier. I honestly thought it would be twice as long the way some people went on about it. We beat the rain coming back to the ship but my sister and her husband got caught in it.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was surprised when we arrived at Lookout Cay at the length of the pier. I honestly thought it would be twice as long the way some people went on about it. We beat the rain coming back to the ship but my sister and her husband got caught in it.
It clocks in at roughly 1/2 a mile.

By comparison, it is about the same distance between the Epcot entrance and the Mexico Pavilion.

Surfin' Tuna

I'm staggered the walking deck is that big a deal. There is still is a walking deck with stairs on the wish and because it goes out to the front of the ship it's kind of the same length as the other ones. Just with much better views. I can see it being an issue for those addicted to jogging and those with bad knees. But for everyone else I think it's actually better because of the views.
You cannot go all the way around. You are forced to turn around at the aft of the ship. The stairs are indeed a big deal for joggers and annoying for walkers. The bow gates are often closed, so you may not enjoy those views and suffer from a greatly shortened walk back and forth one side of the ship. On a three day cruise this might not be the end of the world, but seven day cruises on the Treasure will be another thing all together. It's just a strange change to make.

Two Ears

You cannot go all the way around. You are forced to turn around at the aft of the ship. The stairs are indeed a big deal for joggers and annoying for walkers. The bow gates are often closed, so you may not enjoy those views and suffer from a greatly shortened walk back and forth one side of the ship. On a three day cruise this might not be the end of the world, but seven day cruises on the Treasure will be another thing all together. It's just a strange change to make.
I may of been lucky but never encountered the bow gates being closed.

I agree it could be a bigger problem on the treasure.

peter11435

I may of been lucky but never encountered the bow gates being closed.

I agree it could be a bigger problem on the treasure.
They are typically only closed based on sea conditions.

It’s interesting that nobody here has mentioned that you can not make a complete circle on the walking track on the Magic/Wonder anytime the ship is docked/anchored.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They are typically only closed based on sea conditions.

It’s interesting that nobody here has mentioned that you can not make a complete circle on the walking track on the Magic/Wonder anytime the ship is docked/anchored.

You can't get to the smoking area during refueling, either. But both situations are temporary.

peter11435

You can't get to the smoking area during refueling, either. But both situations are temporary.
Refueling happens usually on the morning of debarkation while guests are leaving the ship.

Ships are in ports or performing docking operations for a much higher percentage of your cruise. For some cruises like a typical three night voyage this means the route is closed for the majority of the cruise.

cjkeating

Refueling happens usually on the morning of debarkation while guests are leaving the ship.

Ships are in ports or performing docking operations for a much higher percentage of your cruise. For some cruises like a typical three night voyage this means the route is closed for the majority of the cruise.
I guess it depends when you use the walking route, I have done 30 days on the Magic/Wonder and had no idea the walking route ever closed until this thread. For me the walking route is a sea day/sunset activity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom