Lien on Cinderella Castle

fizzle75

Poor Cindy...she's gonna be out on the street and her house will be sold on Ebay...probably to those wicked stepsisters of hers. I wonder which resort she will stay at?

Mr Bill

I just saw this on the local news.

Is WKMG snooping this forum for stories?

They said that liens on attractions aren't uncommon, it's happened to IASW, SSE, and EE in the past.

WDWFigment

lein

This really isn't that big of news (besides the 'oddity' part), I mean, what are they supposed to put a lien on? They have to put it on something of high value if they're doing big construction jobs (and want to ensure the contractor doesn't do a poor job...).

disney9752

wow a while back when the north wing info was found there were several liens listed, one was even 4 haunted mansion, nothing new i guess. just makes mickey pay who he should not some punk hittin tigger:brick:

goofntink

The lein is not valid just to let everyone know, due to the fact they provided a Release of Lein to the Contractor with out recieving payment. The lein is for work performed on the stage in front of the castle. It was done on the Cinderellabration stage for the new show. Their lein rights also ran out 45 days after the work was started. We do N.O.A. or Notice To Owner all the time with the mouse as well as other Contractors we do work for other than Disney. This protects us when we do work, by letting MR. Mouse,{ or the owner of the project we are working on},know we have done work on their property. We then bill the Contractor, who in turn bills Disney,and then when, and only when we are paid by the Contractor, we provide a Release of Lein to the Contractor and Disney to the fact the Lein is satisfied. On larger projects we also bill every month for work completed on a prearranged payment schedule, and provide N.O.A. and Lein Releases accordingly.

kaos

It is not hard. Search the word "Disney" at Orange and Osceola counties public records and you will find literally thousands of documents. Most are rather boring but every now and then you will strike gold AKA the Demolition permit for the North Wing of the Contemporary.

where is this demo permit ye speak of?

PKD

Their lein rights also ran out 45 days after the work was started.

Lien rights do not run out 45 days after the job started, what runs out is if a Notice To Owner isn't done before the 46th day after the first shipment. That is for the State of FLorida. Lien rights will then expire 90 days from the date of last shipment to the job itself. Lien rights can be "given away" IF a Release of Lien is provide through said date and payment wasn't really made. Now if they are claiming the lien on $$'s not paid after said date then they still have a valid lien.

goofntink

Whoops, thanks for correcting that. I was in a hurry typing, I did mean to say N.T.O. rights. Wanted to add, they just reported on 11 o'clock news Disney settled the matter and the contractor recinded the lein..:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom