Lien on Cinderella Castle

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
where is this demo permit ye speak of?
It was posted in a Contemporary DVC thread a few months back. You should be able to find it on the Orange county public records site but it will take a little time to sort through the literally thousands of documents filed by Disney.

NASAMan

Quick question:

Since the lien is on a structure identified as 'Cinderella's Castle', and, as all us Disney Dweebs know, the majestic focal point of Main Street USA is 'Cinderella Castle', is this lien actually invalid?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I think Disney could argue that since Cinderella Castle isn't technically a structure, but rather a part of the main Magic Kingdom Building, the lien is invalid...

...then watch the Subcontractor take a lien out on the whole MK :lol:

ATO

Boy, some smart@$$ lawyer really knows how to try to get his money, huh? Put a lien on the most famous building on the property?

They should pay him in pennies. But pay him one cent over, and then demand a check back via overnight certified delivery for the remainer.
:hammer: Your absolutely right how dare they try to get a measly 4,000.00 dollars that they earned from a giant company like disney those evil people who do they think they are. Regardless of if disney paid the gc or not it is still disneys responsibility to obtain lien releases from the gc showing all there subs have been payed. On a completely different note I don't know about florida but in new york you have 8 months from the last day you were on the job to put a mechanics lien. And they automatically expire in 1 year. Anyway the lien can be lifted simply by posting a bond for double the amount ie 8000.00 until it is settled in litigation or any other way. And as much as I love disney I have done several jobs for them in nyc they are horrible payers

jmvd20

Not a big deal here, issues like this happen all the time. Usually due to missed deadlines, workmanship disputes etc...

MickeyTigg

Boy, some smart@$$ lawyer really knows how to try to get his money, huh? Put a lien on the most famous building on the property?

They should pay him in pennies. But pay him one cent over, and then demand a check back via overnight certified delivery for the remainer.

Isn't the castle known as "Cinderella Castle"? This "legal" document lists it as "Cinderella's Castle"...possible loophole for Disney.

:drevil:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom