Liberty Tree Tavern vs. Tony's Town Square

patsfan24

We made reservations for Tony's Town Square because my mother and sister fell in love with the theming description (restaurant from Lady and the Tramp). But I have heard great things about Liberty Tree Tavern. I was also wondering If one of them was easier to walk into with little to no wait without a ressie. So which one do you guys prefer, and which one (if either) is easier to walk in. I'm assuming I can cancel Reservations.

mousebymarriage

We ate at Liberty Tree Tavern in April and it was great! The food is served family style( platters of food are brought to the table for all members of your party to share and the platters are then refilled as needed). The menu is based on a "traditional" Thanksgiving dinner, we were served platters of turkey, ham and flank steak as well as bowls of mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, greenbeans,stuffing, gravy and we were also given biscuits or rolls(Ican't remember the bread). The characters in attendance were Mickey(I think), Minnie, goofy, chip and Dale, and pluto, all of which came to the table and were great with the kids. My kids ages, DS 5 and DD 10 thought this was the best meal of the week and we did 6 character meals including breakfast and dinner at Chef Mickey's). However, I don't think it is easy to get in without a ressie.

Upvote 0

pinkrose

I LOVE Liberty Tree Tavern. :slurp: Lunch is my favorite meal there. I have never been to Tony's, so I can't comment on it.

I would try and get ADR's for the one you decide on. With the popularity of the dining plan, it's getting hard to walk up to any of the places.

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I actually like the food about equally at LTT and Tony's, but I do think Tony's may have a slightly better chance as a last minute walk up. I did, however eat at LTT just a few weeks ago (with an ADR) and arrived shortly after 5pm and they were not busy at all and were taking walkups at that time without a problem. I guess you can never be sure really :shrug:

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

I have not eaten at Liberty Tree Tavern, but I have eaten at Tonys. I thought the food was good and filling. Wait staff and atmosphere was great. I know alot of people seem to hate Tonys. It was good enough to me to eat there 2 years in a row.

I live in Texas we do not have very good Italian resturants outside of the chains. I am sure the Tony haters are the lucky folks who live on the east coast and have those awesome Mom & Pop Italian spots on every street corner.

Upvote 0

patsfan24

Original Poster
Yeah, we have quite a few good Family-run Italian places in our neighborhood. But, I would go to either place its still kind of up in the air.

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

From what I understand LTT is a Thanksgiving type sit down meal. INMHO the only Thanksgiving dinner that is worth its grain of salt anywhere is the one my Mom does every year. Anything else is just turkey and dressing.....

Bob

Upvote 0
I can not comment on LTT, but I do really enjoy Tony's town Square. The food was great, and the theming was okay...needs a bit more, and the wait staff was great. You should have a much easier time getting a last minute table. Good luck and enjoy!

Upvote 0

peters

I've been to Liberty Tree several times, usually for dinner and have never had a bad meal there. It is family styly at dinner, but it's not just turkey as I recall. The characters also add a lot to the atmosphere. Only been to Tony's once & it was also because the atmosphere sounded great. While the restaurant itself was wonderful to sit in, our service was only so-so & the food was not good. I ordered a steak off of the small menu and it was very chewy. Not the worst place I've eaten, but I wouldn't go back with so many other choices, including Liberty. Just my 2 cents:)

Upvote 0

Disneyfanman

Just had Lunch at the LTT a few weeks ago. Interestingly enough, we went to Guest Services in the morning to check for openings, and both Tony's and LTT had a few tables left for reservations on a very busy day. We debated, and chose LTT, having never been to either. It was one of the best meals of our trip. There were 5 of us and we chose 5 different entrees between us. We tried each others food. Not a clunker on the table. The prices for lunch were also very reasonable (for Disney anyway!). I looked at a Dinner Menu, and it was much more expensive. Also Lunch is ala carte and doesn't have characters. Dinner is Family Style with characters. I have heard enough good things about Tony's to want to try them next trip.

Seriously, the LTT is really worth a try. We always have gone to the Crystal Palace, or taken the monorail to Chef Mickeys or O'hana's for our one full service meal per day that we budget.

Upvote 0

kennyj29

Liberty Tree Tavern

We went to Tony's a couple of times, never loved it there. Liberty Tree Tavern has wonderful food. We always leave there stuffed. The person who said Moms is the best might be right but I think Liberty tree is just as good. Love the atmosphere. Love the characters that come around. When you finish whats on the table they come right up and ask if there is anything else you would like more of. It's just a great place to be. This is the first year we haven't made reservations there and I'm missing it already!:veryconfu

Upvote 0

Belle1984

I have never been to LTT but I've been to Tony's. I am a huge Lady & the Tramp fan and I love the theming in the restaurant. I especially love the lady and the tramp fountain! The spaghetti and meatballs are great!!! I would say if you are a big fan of the movie to definitely go there! :)

Upvote 0

Cinderella1976

I love the Liberty Tree Tavern character dinner. It is a must on our trips. We also ate at Tony's for lunch. It was okay. The atmosphere is really nice but the food and service was just okay. I think you would have a better chance walking into Tony's (especially at lunch like we did) without a reservation. If you would like to dine at the LTT for dinner I would highly suggest making a reservation. Have a great trip :wave:

Upvote 0

cb3k

Tony's is located on the right just as you pass through the train station tunnels, and just before the main drag of mainstreet in the loop. If you go, check out the dog paw prints on the steps. Its a neat lil "extra" that disney incorporated into the theming.

Upvote 0

Chezman1399

I eat at Liberty Tree Tavern just about everytime I head down that way. Great food, character Dinner that everytime I have been there has been Goofy, Pluto, Chip & and Dale, Minnie, and sometimes Meeko is there and other times he is not. Great food as I saw someone else in the thread discribe and all you can eat family style. Reservations are usually a good idea as it is popular and usually if you do get in without reservations you may wait longer than you would like. A lot of times I've managed to make reservations on the same day or have gotten there right around a cancelation.

I've never down Tony's in WDW, so I can't tell you for sure. I tried to eat there one time last March and the only avaliable times were during Spectro and that was the reason me and my fiancee went to the park that night.

Upvote 0

PrincessMagic

I cannot comment on LTT, we've never been there. I read that they serve Stouffers dishes and it never seemed worth the $ to me.

In any event we ate at Tony's for dinner last year and felt it was OK. We probably wouldn't eat there again. I feel there are much better meals offered elsewhere. I'm a huge fan of Lady and the Tramp and that was a huge draw for us as well as our travel agent recommended it.

Upvote 0

paul436

I've eaten at Tony's twice and didn't like the food on both occasions. I love Italian food so was greatly disappointed. I don't plan to eat there ever again.

I loved the Liberty Tree Tavern. I found to food to be delicious. It is also a character meal which makes it more appealing to me. You would probably need an ADR for the LTT because of this.

So, my whole-hearted recommendation would be for LTT.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom