Liberty Tree Tavern vs. Tony's Town Square

patsfan24

We made reservations for Tony's Town Square because my mother and sister fell in love with the theming description (restaurant from Lady and the Tramp). But I have heard great things about Liberty Tree Tavern. I was also wondering If one of them was easier to walk into with little to no wait without a ressie. So which one do you guys prefer, and which one (if either) is easier to walk in. I'm assuming I can cancel Reservations.

Dwarful

We have eaten at Tony's and LTT on numerous occasions. I would go back to either one. At Tony's I always get the steak, for me, Italian food is so personal that almost any restaurant leaves me disappointed.

The lunch at LTT is as others have said order off the menu, no characters so it is easier to get seating during this time. For the character meal, you will pay more and def. need ressies if you go during a busy time.

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

We made reservations for Tony's Town Square because my mother and sister fell in love with the theming description (restaurant from Lady and the Tramp). But I have heard great things about Liberty Tree Tavern. I was also wondering If one of them was easier to walk into with little to no wait without a ressie. So which one do you guys prefer, and which one (if either) is easier to walk in. I'm assuming I can cancel Reservations.

The theme may be the decision maker for you.
We like Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner with the characters in a Colonial Williamsburg type setting. Mickey and Minnie and Goofy, etc., are dressed in colonial costumes.
The place has an intimate feel, similar to what you may have in Maine in some of the older restaurants which have wood decor.
The characters are there for dinner but not for lunch.

The glass windows were made using 18th century casting techniques, which is why they have some bubbles in them.

:cool:

Upvote 0

sboyd1972

I would go with Liberty Tree. We went to both in February. Lunch is character free. I had the turkey dinner and my husband had the pot roast. Both were excellent. Liberty Tree is definitely not "Stouffers" food. Got great service. So much so that we left an extra tip even though we were on the dining plan and the tip was already included. Tony's was a disaster. They could not find our reservation even when we gave them a reservation #. The pasta was over cooked and tasted really bad. We were rushed through our meal. I think we were in and out in about 30 minutes, even though we had appetizers, entree and dessert. We were also made to feel as if we were a nuissance. If we needed anything we had to flag our waiter down from the other side of the restaurant and then he had the attitude of "What now". We will never go to Tony's again but Liberty Tree, definitely.

Upvote 0

imagineer99

Liberty Tree is sponsored by Stoffers. So, as the case with the majority of Magic Kingdom restauraunts, all the food you get is pre-canned stuff. Basiclly, Disney just heats it all up. Granted, that's not necessarily a bad thing, but the food really isn't anything exceptional.

I prefer Tony's. The food isn't exceptional, but I just like the atmoshpere better. And, it always seems to be a little less chaotic.

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

We have done both Tonys and LTT they are both GREAT, However the amount of food at LTT is amazing! And extremely FILLING, roll me down Main Street:snore: ...But you will be happy with either one have a Magical Time!..:slurp:

Upvote 0

Frosty689

MMM!!! I love the liberty tree... It's the only place i could think of being on Thanksgiving instead of being at home... Which is why when i go to college... thats where ill be having my own personal thanksgiving.. Anyway, the food is suburb, the dessert for dinner is extraordinary, and the atmosphere is fantastic.. It's by far one of my favorite Restraunts in the world!

Upvote 0

OneLuckyMom

We did the both Tony's and the character dinner at LTT last year. After reading rave reviews about LTT I was really disappointed in the food. The meat we were served was horrendously dry. The sides were OK, but nothing to write home about (other than the green beans - I loved those). I thought the food at Tony's overall was better. I wasn't impressed with the service at either place - in both cases, our servers were hurried to put it nicely, and other than throwing food on our table (literally, in the case of LTT!!) were rarely seen.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom