News Liberty Square to Fantasyland walkway to be widened behind Cinderella Castle

Kman101

So far I don't love it. And yes I've seen it in person. I know it's not entirely done but meh. It's nice to have it wider, though.

And people still wonder why folks give them grief about shade and trees?

But I will be nice and thank WDW management for all of the fans and umbrellas in Star Wars Land. That was nice. And all of the water stations.

But you can't have mass walkways uncovered. I'm sorry but you can't. They have to start doing better with guest comfort. They make some good moves and then open walkways that are double the width (but we can't have trees because it will cause the same bottleneck) but all I see is mass open concrete, it used to be a really nice path, and the unfinished concrete where the planters were makes it look like a poorly finished job (not being negative, just being honest, and yes I'm sure someone will tell me they're still working on it). I also think Tokyo's unappealing that way, but they have a lot more crowding.

Last edited:

DisneyDreamerxyz

So far I don't love it. And yes I've seen it in person. I know it's not entirely done but meh. It's nice to have it wider, though.

But I will be nice and thank WDW management for all of the fans and umbrellas in Star Wars Land. That was nice. And all of the water stations.

But you can't have mass walkways uncovered. I'm sorry but you can't. They have to start doing better with guest comfort. They make some good moves and then open walkways that are double the width (but we can't have trees because it will cause the same bottleneck) but all I see is mass open concrete, it used to be a really nice path, and the unfinished concrete where the planters were makes it look like a poorly finished job (not being negative, just being honest, and yes I'm sure someone will tell me they're still working on it). I also think Tokyo's unappealing that way, but they have a lot more crowding.

I really hope someone got in trouble for those annoying circles of concrete where the trees were. Very poor planning.

peter11435

It isn’t finished.

I know you expected someone would say this. But they really are still working on it

gerarar

Premium Member
It seems like that's a wrap on this project..

Attachments

• dsc06986-1068x712.jpg
    dsc06986-1068x712.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 156

Kman101

I really hope someone got in trouble for those annoying circles of concrete where the trees were. Very poor planning.

It's a bad look.

It isn’t finished.

I know you expected someone would say this. But they really are still working on it

And yep, I expected you'd say that, lol. I know they're still landscaping.

The main problem is where they put the little trees then covered it up. Are they fixing that? Maybe explain what still needs to be done so we're not critical when it's not deserved ;)

I'm completely being nitpicky and I can own that, lol

I will credit them for adding some shade structure to Slinky Dog's queue, that's a very nice start. Are they doing more than what's there?

I mean, beautiful California gets trees and covered tram loading. We all know they could do a little better with shade. It seems like they got the message so I hope these little projects continue.

BoarderPhreak

The one missing "door" and the two other empty spots bother me. Removing the benches is especially lame. Gawd forbid there's any peaceful place left to sit in the MK! Lastly, it's a shame they didn't leave the small trees in the circles as originally planted. Yes, it would've blocked fireworks and castle views somewhat, but a little shade here and there wouldn't kill them.

All that said, it definitely accomplished the goal of widening the pathway - a little (but just enough, IMO). The new landscaping, once grown in more, will look fabulous.

peter11435

The one missing "door" and the two other empty spots bother me. Removing the benches is especially lame. Gawd forbid there's any peaceful place left to sit in the MK! Lastly, it's a shame they didn't leave the small trees in the circles as originally planted. Yes, it would've blocked fireworks and castle views somewhat, but a little shade here and there wouldn't kill them.

All that said, it definitely accomplished the goal of widening the pathway - a little (but just enough, IMO). The new landscaping, once grown in more, will look fabulous.
Just for clarification the small trees in the circles were not removed because they blocked views or inhibited crowd flow. It was another reason altogether.

Janir

Bricking up doors and windows is a common thing in older buildings. Happens when a space is repurposed and they didn't want the door or window to remain. I see it a lot in my town.
Maybe but the "bricking" here is just the back wall with an indentation. Doesn't look like it was a doorway that was bricked over to permanently close it.

Touchdown

Just for clarification the small trees in the circles were not removed because they blocked views or inhibited crowd flow. It was another reason altogether.

I’m guessing they messed up the projections or it was determined that they were a fire risk for the low level pyro, or would eventually be a problem with growth.

meyeet

I’m guessing they messed up the projections or it was determined that they were a fire risk for the low level pyro, or would eventually be a problem with growth.
My guess is the projections as well. When we were standing there a few weeks ago I noticed that the street lights were colored by the projection.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom