News Liberty Square to Fantasyland walkway to be widened behind Cinderella Castle

NYwdwfan

More from this evening:

E1052F05-DF6D-4C91-AFFF-EDA0A1A02D62.jpeg
5EB879C9-A8BD-438B-9D12-2A8E569281C4.jpeg
ED597656-27C3-4D82-9BD2-3F872E1BD649.jpeg
A4EC3D26-638A-4A7A-83D0-978AC15B89AD.jpeg

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Someone realized the trees re-created the choke point and blocked the view of the fireworks?
That was my take. You’d think there would have been an easier, cheaper way to test for this. Heck, just get a few CM’s to stand there with large opened umbrellas and test for choke points and blocked views.

@NYwdwfan has a video walk through of the area, and if memory serves, it’s only three trees; but still, you’re probably talking quite a few thousand dollars wasted.

gerarar

Premium Member
It's interesting they didn't just pull out the metal framing/brackets used to hold the tree in place for tree growth and transport the trees elsewhere....

Someone at the drawing boards who drew up the plans got a yelling for this...yikes 😬

Last edited:

build_it

Someone realized the trees re-created the choke point and blocked the view of the fireworks?
I figured blocking the view was intentional... no view, no people standing there, makes it easier to keep the pathway open. It would have also softened in that direction from the castle. More surprised they didn't just switch the type of trees to something that grows more skinny and vertical. Curious to see how many shrubs and trees they plan between the path and moat.

tirian

I doubt they want to encourage guests to stay on the pathway and clog it to watch fireworks ...
Isn't this path closed during fireworks anyways? Because of the pyro launches on the roofs nearby?

That path is usually closed for fireworks anyway. Maybe someone realized this tiny strip could be a VIP location, just like the bench on the nearby LS bridge is used as a parade viewing spot for celebrities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom