News Liberty Square to Fantasyland walkway to be widened behind Cinderella Castle

Bocabear

Did they widen the walkway for more viewing area for the fountains that will be in the moat? Will we finally get the castle/fireworks show that TDO said NO to and was sent to Paris? Seems like a logical choice with all the new plaza infrastructure we have seen the last few years...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
@NYwdwfan is at MK right now, and she just sent me this pic.

4B11683B-5603-4B57-B317-4B83D0BCEA49.jpeg

She didn’t realize that this is the first we’ve seen paving, so she’s promised to go back later for more photos.

NYwdwfan

@NYwdwfan is at MK right now, and she just sent me this pic.

View attachment 398987

She didn’t realize that this is the first we’ve seen paving, so she’s promised to go back later for more photos.
We walked a different way out but will be back in a day or two - will definitely get some additional views. Hopefully there will be some progress.

disneyC97

Has the HoP show building always been that visible from those spots (in recent years, I know early in the park history the entire building was visible from certain distances before they themed most of it)? Or was some foliage cut back as part of this project that hid it better?

Dan Deesnee

Anyone else notice that the coloration of the bricks on the new wall is a repeating pattern. Why would they do that? Unless it's a design choice.

tonymu

Premium Member
Not up by the castle. The lights are still where they were before the construction.

The walkway used to have little areas that jutted out

**********\_______/*************\_______/***********

They widened the path between the jut outs

**\___________________________________________/**

ThatMouse

Not to be a Debbie downer but won’t those planters just wind up causing the same damn bottlenecks?
It's a strong polarization of "widened" vs "still bottlenecked" crowd here lol! I rarely see this bottlenecked. There are 5 other far worse bottlenecks in this park: Casey's, Tangled, Splash, Small World, castle path by Brave, and then all around the main hub before the fireworks is a complete disaster. So saying this was a widening project is overstating IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom