Liberty Belle decorated for Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee

WDWFigment

Thanks for the update. They really are pulling out all of the stops to promote this film. Let's hope the quality of the finished product lives up to the hype! I'm sure this show will be good.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Here is another cross promo. Great. As if the daily rolling commercial at 250pm isn`t enough.

I`m showing my age. Who is Tiana?

ISTCrew20

The first 30 minutes that were screen were very well done, and if the rest of the film can keep the same tone, we will have a wonderful movie on our hands!

I bet the show will be good, if just for the music itself, but it was really made for Disneyland. It's just a little out of place to see such colorful decor in New Orleans Square.

I guess it works a little better knowing that Tiana and Naveen will be greeting guests in their 'regal' attire in Liberty Square as opposed to their New Orleans party attire.

Phonedave

Here is another cross promo. Great. As if the daily rolling commercial at 250pm isn`t enough.

I`m showing my age. Who is Tiana?

At this point, I like this one.

It's simple, it seems tasteful (so far) and it has a drop dead date that is realistic (Jan 3)

As long as it does not become another Wand-O-EPCOT then I am OK with it.

Yes, it is a bit of a stretch - New Orleans is not quite Liberty Square, but the LIberty Belle IS a stern wheeler, and at this point it just looks like bunting, which if you squint a bit, does not look out of place.

It's not as if they repainted the castle to look like a giant king cake and are throwing beads from the roof.

-dave

tirian

The fast-paced song in the trailer references "It's not what you look like"; I hope this movie isn't another Believe-in-Yourself-It's-What's-Inside-That-Counts-Look-Inside-Yourself-Find-Who-You-Are piece of crap from the 1990s. Such pseudo-moralizing is insulting.

Other than that, it looks good! :lol: I can't wait to see the movie—it'll be great to see hand-drawn animation on the big screen again. I actually teared up when the first PATF trailer included clips of Aladdin, BATB, and TLK.

tirian

At this point, I like this one.

It's simple, it seems tasteful (so far) and it has a drop dead date that is realistic (Jan 3)

As long as it does not become another Wand-O-EPCOT then I am OK with it.

Yes, it is a bit of a stretch - New Orleans is not quite Liberty Square, but the LIberty Belle IS a stern wheeler, and at this point it just looks like bunting, which if you squint a bit, does not look out of place.

It's not as if they repainted the castle to look like a giant king cake and are throwing beads from the roof.

-dave

But if the Main Street Bakery starts selling King Cake, I'll be extremely happy.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You'll be pleased to know that one has gone!
Woohoo! Thanks Steve. My multi angle HD edit of this lost parade shall now commence.

Maybe.

Seriously, am I seeing right - is this traditional (as close as it can get in 2009) animation? Looks good.

FigmentJedi

Seriously...Do we really need another Disney Princess anyway? I think we are due for something cool for the boys.

At least the villain Dr Facilier will be awesome. And with a good chunk of the movie being adventuring through the Bayou to find Mama Odie, it's not like it's gonna be a horribly girly film.

WDWFigment

The first 30 minutes that were screen were very well done, and if the rest of the film can keep the same tone, we will have a wonderful movie on our hands!

I bet the show will be good, if just for the music itself, but it was really made for Disneyland. It's just a little out of place to see such colorful decor in New Orleans Square.

I guess it works a little better knowing that Tiana and Naveen will be greeting guests in their 'regal' attire in Liberty Square as opposed to their New Orleans party attire.

This is what I am thinking. Normally a studio won't do so much with advance screening, etc., unless the studio is convinced that the film will be a critical hit. Marketing is a different story; studios often heavily market films they know will be critical flops but that still have the potential to be commercial successes.

Granted, it still could be lousy, but I would be surprised if that's the case. Honestly, though, the more Disney touts this, the higher expectations are raised. I probably will be disappointed if it isn't Pixar or BatB/TLK/TLM/Aladdin caliber.

TinkSassy

Does anyone know when this show is going to run during the day? Looking forward to it - they did a big number in Disney on Ice from the movie and the music was phenomenal! Can't wait to see it next weekend!!

nor'easter

This is what I am thinking. Normally a studio won't do so much with advance screening, etc., unless the studio is convinced that the film will be a critical hit. .

As I recall they showed part of the early sequences of Atlantis in advance, which were beautiful. Unfortunately, the rest of the film sucked.

FigmentJedi

As I recall they showed part of the early sequences of Atlantis in advance, which were beautiful. Unfortunately, the rest of the film sucked.

I liked Atlantis a lot. They definitely achieved what they set out to do and make a good animated action movie. Plus the Mike Mignola inspired visuals were great. Only thing it needed was a little less rushing to the city,at least keeping one of the monster encounters they cut out, like the Squid Bats or Lava Whales, moreso the Lava Whales.

WDWFigment

Expectations were also high for Atlantis. Hopefully the expectations aren't equally erroneous for Princess and the Frog.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom