Levi's Store announced for Disney Springs this summer

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
For Apple, when I looked at the price difference a few years ago back in 2014 there was literally £5 difference which is not enough to not be able to forgo a warranty in the UK. Maybe Brazil but not UK or Europeans....
Its a big difference now though. iPad Pro 549GBP vs $599USD.

SirLink

Its a big difference now though. iPad Pro 549GBP vs $599USD.

I get a 10% discount from work if I buy directly from Apple shop online, the US you have to include an additional 10% for tax. £494.10 vs £506.84(US price converted including tax)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I get a 10% discount from work if I buy directly from Apple shop online, the US you have to include an additional 10% for tax. £494.10 vs £506.84(US price converted including tax)
Most people aren't going to get the discount though, and the tax in Orlando would only be 7.5%.

SirLink

Most people aren't going to get the discount though, and the tax in Orlando would only be 7.5%.

Even with the change of tax it still is around £1 difference in price the point still stands. Not my fault that they can't get the discount.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Even with the change of tax it still is around £1 difference in price the point still stands. Not my fault that they can't get the discount.
The fact remains that for many people from the UK, the savings that they get from stores in Orlando is a big attraction. A 50GBP saving on an iPad is pretty substantial.

SirLink

And you're still looking at it through only your eyes, and not the global market.

Correct I'm looking at the global market in how it relates to myself, which is the correct way to base your personal consumer habits on. Why would I buy something in the states when we have more protection on goods in the UK than the US.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Correct I'm looking at the global market in how it relates to myself, which is the correct way to base your personal consumer habits on. Why would I buy something in the states when we have more protection on goods in the UK than the US.
We're discussing the stores going into DS. So yes, it is completely wrong to decide on which stores are available in DS based solely on your personal consumer habits.

SirLink

We're discussing the stores going into DS. So yes, it is completely wrong to decide on which stores are available in DS based solely on your personal consumer habits.

You do know the Disney folk who are going out in the wilderness to hunt and smooch these retailers are going out to ones that they like. Colour me shocked and call me a zebra ... that is disgusting personal tastes rather than global notions. Whoops.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You do know the Disney folk who are going out in the wilderness to hunt and smooch these retailers are going out to ones that they like. Colour me shocked and call me a zebra ... that is disgusting personal tastes rather than global notions. Whoops.
So you work in Disney retail, and know this for a fact? Wow, didn't realize we had high level execs here.

SirLink

So you work in Disney retail, and know this for a fact? Wow, didn't realize we had high level execs here.

Nope that is how every mall, shopping centre, outlet across the world is developed which retailers "do we want" as the owners. If you think Disney is looking at minutia trends in spending patterns you are giving Disney too much credit.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Nope that is how every mall, shopping centre, outlet across the world is developed which retailers "do we want" as the owners. If you think Disney is looking at minutia trends in spending patterns you are giving Disney too much credit.
So back on the thread topic of Levi's at DS. I live in a city with over 20 shopping malls/centers, and not ONE of them has a Levi's store. Do all of your malls and such over in the UK have one?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
My local two have one in each.
Well aren't you lucky. I live in one of the 10 largest cities in the U.S., and we have none. So I bet a lot of other people in the world don't either. Again, just because it doesn't fit you, doesn't mean it's a bad idea for DS to have one.

SirLink

Well aren't you lucky. I live in one of the 10 largest cities in the U.S., and we have none. So I bet a lot of other people in the world don't either. Again, just because it doesn't fit you, doesn't mean it's a bad idea for DS to have one.

In the states you can shop online or go into a department store and get a pair of Levis it just a Brand after all.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
In the states you can shop online or go into a department store and get a pair of Levis it just a Brand after all.
And my point was the international visitors. Not those of us in the U.S. So you're just going to keep arguing for arguments sake, right? You cannot possibly admit that the majority of the non-Disney stores in DS might be more geared towards an international visitor because YOU don't want it there, or happen to have one where you live.

SirLink

And my point was the international visitors. Not those of us in the U.S. So you're just going to keep arguing for arguments sake, right? You cannot possibly admit that the majority of the non-Disney stores in DS might be more geared towards an international visitor because YOU don't want it there, or happen to have one where you live.

No they are geared at the haves and haves more the sector which Disney wants to saddle its horse with. International guests I would assume are smart enough to go to Florida Mall/Outlets/Mall at Millennia. You seem to be addicted to my posts like a Bee to Honey.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
No they are geared at the haves and haves more the sector which Disney wants to saddle its horse with. International guests I would assume are smart enough to go to Florida Mall/Outlets/Mall at Millennia. You seem to be addicted to my posts like a Bee to Honey.
Nope, and I'm done since there is obviously no changing either of our opinions. We'll have to agree to disagree.

Jon81uk

So back on the thread topic of Levi's at DS. I live in a city with over 20 shopping malls/centers, and not ONE of them has a Levi's store. Do all of your malls and such over in the UK have one?
I'm in London which makes a difference as there are more people willing to spend the money but several malls near me have Levi stores and both outlet malls (an hour or so drive out of London) have Levi outlets too.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm in London which makes a difference as there are more people willing to spend the money but several malls near me have Levi stores and both outlet malls (an hour or so drive out of London) have Levi outlets too.
So then having the Levis store in DS does nothing for you, and that's perfectly fine. You don't need to visit. However, there are still millions of people visiting there that DON"T have a Levi's store close by that may want to visit. Not every single new store in DS will appeal to everyone. Heck, we don't even go into ANY non-Disney stores there as they simply don't have any appeal to us, but I am fine if they offer other options for other people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom