Levi's Store announced for Disney Springs this summer

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I'm not sure I understand the benefit of this. I'm sure the prices are going to be higher than my local outlet mall, so why would I buy Levi's when I'm on vacation in WDW? Disney Springs should contain shops and eateries that are hard to find other places, or better, unique to Disney. Then they become sort of an "attraction" in their own right. I'm not traveling to Disney to shop in Target or eat at Ruby Tuesday's.

I have a friend that came to Walt Disney World with my family a few years ago. We had to take him into Orlando one day just to buy Levi's. He purchased about $500.00 worth of jeans that he was taking home for family and friends. I think this store will do really well for visitor from outside the USA.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I'm not sure I understand the benefit of this. I'm sure the prices are going to be higher than my local outlet mall, so why would I buy Levi's when I'm on vacation in WDW? Disney Springs should contain shops and eateries that are hard to find other places, or better, unique to Disney. Then they become sort of an "attraction" in their own right. I'm not traveling to Disney to shop in Target or eat at Ruby Tuesday's.
And why do you think you are the target audience for this? Millions of foreign visitors that don't have local malls would disagree with you.

dupac

I have a friend that came to Walt Disney World with my family a few years ago. We had to take him into Orlando one day just to buy Levi's. He purchased about $500.00 worth of jeans that he was taking home for family and friends. I think this store will do really well for visitor from outside the USA.
I think the international visitor is key here. I was just online shopping from a European clothing chain, and I noticed that they only have four stores in the United States. Two of those stores are in NYC. The third? MCO. If a European chain would put one of its four US stores in the Orlando international airport, I feel like that says something.

Next Big Thing

Millions of international tourists do have 'local malls' - especially in Brazil, UK, Europe, etc.
Sure they have malls, but until recently it's been EXTREMELY cost effective to buy while vacationing in the US. I know the Apple stores see a ton of foreign buyers, mostly to buy electronics at a cheaper expense than they would pay in their home country (or even buy multiple so they can resell a few of them and make a decent profit)

SirLink

Sure they have malls, but until recently it's been EXTREMELY cost effective to buy while vacationing in the US. I know the Apple stores see a ton of foreign buyers, mostly to buy electronics at a cheaper expense than they would pay in their home country (or even buy multiple so they can resell a few of them and make a decent profit)

For Apple, when I looked at the price difference a few years ago back in 2014 there was literally £5 difference which is not enough to not be able to forgo a warranty in the UK. Maybe Brazil but not UK or Europeans....

Next Big Thing

For Apple, when I looked at the price difference a few years ago back in 2014 there was literally £5 difference which is not enough to not be able to forgo a warranty in the UK. Maybe Brazil but not UK or Europeans....
Brazilians spend incredulous amounts of money here. I've had some nice chats with visitors years ago when I was a cashier at the tourist wal-mart on 192 and the totals that I would ring up were always astonishing. Of course the amount of money anyone spends in that Wal-Mart is substantially more than in a rural area, but still.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
You said international visitors don't have 'local malls' - that statement I was arguing with.
I did not make a blanket statement that all international visitors don't have them. Many do not, and welcome the chance to spend less money on goods here in the US. You really need to expand your focus out of the UK.

SirLink

Brazilians spend incredulous amounts of money here. I've had some nice chats with visitors years ago when I was a cashier at the tourist wal-mart on 192 and the totals that I would ring up were always astonishing. Of course the amount of money anyone spends in that Wal-Mart is substantially more than in a rural area, but still.

So....

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
And in some countries, the difference can be literally hundreds of dollars. You need to stop thinking of the UK as the center of the universe.

Edit to add: A quick check shows 26 countries where the price of an iPhone is more than the US price. None are less. 26 is a lot of tourists.

SirLink

I did not make a blanket statement that all international visitors don't have them. Many do not, and welcome the chance to spend less money on goods here in the US. You really need to expand your focus out of the UK.

Many imply most show me a country where its guest frequent WDW that don't have multiple malls/shopping centres present in their country.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Many imply most show me a country where its guest frequent WDW that don't have multiple malls/shopping centres present in their country.
With the same stores as DS? Whenever we go there - and that is frequently - we rarely hear someone speaking English. Doesn't matter if they happen to have a mall in their home country, the stores aren't the same, and the prices here are probably lower. Disney knows who spends money at their stores.

SirLink

So... as of 2009, Orlando was the "nation's fourth-most-popular shopping spot, behind New York City, Los Angeles and Las Vegas".

I couldn't find any more recent surveys, but it doesn't take much effort to find that International tourists - Specifically Brazilians - are big shoppers.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...utlet-malls-orlando-premium-outlets-suitcases

My larger point is your going on about Brazillians spending so much, as resident of the UK when I come over Disney/Simon Malls/Westfield should be trying to draw me in as consumer if they can't get me to open my wallet well bully for them.

Next Big Thing

My larger point is your going on about Brazillians spending so much, as resident of the UK when I come over Disney/Simon Malls/Westfield should be trying to draw me in as consumer if they can't get me to open my wallet well bully for them.
Town Center is literally in it's infancy stages is also part of my point if i'm going to expand it. Right now, I agree that the balance is quite off in terms of shops that are catered to Women vs. Men. The town center's major downfall right now is the lack of electronic stores.

I really wonder if a Vinyl record store could survive here at one of the smaller locations. I feel like there would certainly be a lot of window shoppers at the very least seeing as Vinyl has made a bit of a comeback over the past few years.

djkidkaz

Gotta get yer Levi's!
IMG_3299.JPG

Jon81uk

I was hoping their tailor services were going to be more reasonable. $20+ Hemming for a pair of jeans I just bought from you for $60-$100 seems a bit much. (I can and do my own hemming mostly but it would have been nice to have it professionally done.)

Uniqlo will hem for free on all trousers bought from them. But in the UK at least they only offer a long 34" length on some mens styles anyway so for a lot of people they need the hems doing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom