Pre-Trip Let's see if I can remember how to do one of these things

Hey there...

So it's been a minute (as the kids say) since I've posted a trip report. Looking back over my history in WDW Magic, it looks like the last trip related thing I posted was a 2018 pre-trip report, that never actually had a trip report done for it. I think I was getting kind of tired of the trip report thing after so many years of doing them. It is fun to go back and see some of the trip reports from the past. If you're interested in a flash-back of a few:

A lot has changed since these reports, as you'll see if you've followed us in the past.

We haven't actually been to WDW since 2019 (and didn't go into the parks that year (we were doing a cruise with Stephanie and Liam (our kids) that year and just needed a place to stay before and after the cruise). We haven't actually been in the parks since 2018 (ahhh...the days of quieter Septembers, Annual Passes for non-Florida residents, the Disney Dining Plan and free Fast-Passes). We had always planned on going back as a family, but then Covid hit, and the strict re-entry rules for Canada made travel outside of Canada pretty much impossible for us (14 day quarantine even if vaccinated, PCR test required before entering the country, etc). Eventually the restrictions were dropped, but we had already made vacation plans that didn't involve Disney.

but enough with the nostalgia, let's do this pre-trip thing:

Who's going this time...
It's Tammy and my 25th anniversary this August, and we have a cruise booked for the last week of September as our anniversary trip...but then I had this crazy idea of adding a few extra days on to the start of the trip and going back to Disney for the first time in 5 years. So it's just Tammy and me this time (which will be different for us since we're used to having Stephanie and Liam (our "kids" - Steph is now 22 and Liam will be 20 soon)).

T&G Disney.png

So what happened to Steph and Liam? They grew up too fast (as kids tend to do). The last time we did a trip report they looked something like this:
WORKOUT.jpg

Always at the dojo training back in those days (Liam eventually went on to place 2nd at Worlds in kickboxing in 2019 with Steph as his coach (she had to retire from competing due to multiple concussions)).

Well, things have definitely changed. Stephanie is now 22 and getting married in August
S&C DISNEY.jpg

and Liam is now 6'3", has finished high school, and is working full-time at the moment while he considers his options
L&S DISNEY.jpeg

However, both kids have claimed "dibs" on future Disney trips with us (Liam and his girlfriend Sam claimed next year, and Steph and Calvin claimed 2025).

So, long story short, It's only Tammy and I

Details
We'll be flying down on the 20th of September and will be on property until the 23rd (our cruise leaves from Miami on the 23rd). We're booked in a studio at Copper Creek for the 3 nights. We haven't stayed there since they did the reno that resulted in Copper Creek, so we're really looking forward to this. In terms of parks, we're going to go with 2 days with 1 being Hollywood Studios (the last time we were there Galaxy's Edge was behind construction walls, and the Great Movie Ride was still a thing), and the other day will most likely be Magic Kingdom. If there is one of those After Hours things running during these days we may do that too. We haven't really planned much in terms of dining, but we'll figure that out.

I'm hoping at the end of it all to do a full trip report (I figure 3 days is a good way to ease back into it).

Thanks for following along.

Last edited:

gwhb75

Original Poster
Looks like our park plans have changed a bit. We are still going to do Hollywood Studios on Thursday the 21st, but have decided to change Friday. Rather than make Friday a full park day, we're going to spend the morning at the resort/Disney Springs, and then go to the Not- So-Scary that night. We haven't done a Not-So-Scary since the kids were quite young, so this should be fun (or maybe a bit weird since the kids won't be with us).

We're also considering making a change in how we get to Miami for our cruise. We will have a rental car that we're picking up when we fly in to Orlando and the original plan was to drive it to Miami and drop it off at the rental place by the port (we fly home out of Miami so won't need a rental again). However, the idea of the new Brightline train from the Orland Airport is interesting to us, so we may end up doing that (I know it's not really Disney related, but thought I'd add it in here anyways).

gwhb75

Original Poster
Not-So-Scary tickets are purchased for the 22nd.

Tammy's next question - should we dress up? Oh boy....I'm not a dress up kind of person (neither is she really). I could see wearing my Toronto Maple Leafs jersey (my judgement about this is probably clouded by the fact they finally got out of the first round of the playoffs in 19 years).

Next up will be to buy a 1 day ticket for the 21st, and to figure out what restaurant(s) we want to book.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom