Let's have a bit of a laugh. What restaurant do you secretly enjoy that everyone else thinks you're nuts for?

Bea123

My son really loves Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. Whenever we go to MK we have to stop there and get a burger. He is gluten-free and loves the burgers here, and the fixings never make him unwell (although he is not celiac). We love the Cosmic Ray animatronic and all his cheesy jokes and if we ever do a late-night party we will always go there for a final meal before we leave. Before covid, we attended the Christmas Party and the best bit was dancing at the disco with the reindeer!

Bea123

Be Our Guest. Breakfast, lunch, or dinner (when that was a real thing). I love my $15 sandwiches, I’ve tried almost every dish on the (old) dinner menu, and I will never, ever, get tired of sitting in the ballroom because it’s literally my dream come to life.
I used to love Be Our Guest for lunch when it was quick service. It was such good value, a kind of table service feel for a quick service price. Such a shame you can only have table-service there now.

DisneyDreamer08

My son really loves Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. Whenever we go to MK we have to stop there and get a burger. He is gluten-free and loves the burgers here, and the fixings never make him unwell (although he is not celiac). We love the Cosmic Ray animatronic and all his cheesy jokes and if we ever do a late-night party we will always go there for a final meal before we leave. Before covid, we attended the Christmas Party and the best bit was dancing at the disco with the reindeer!

I love hearing stories like this. I feel like every family has a restaurant or ride that they love for sentimental reasons. This is off topic to the food discussion, but that’s how I feel about Navi River Journey. My kids were fascinated with this ride the first time they went on. We were able to rope drop it and then use a fastpass. It was really busy when we were there so getting to ride the same ride twice was a treat. They still talk about how much they love that ride so I always get really salty when people talk bad about it 🤣

chrisbarry

I've caught a lot of grief over the years for my love of the San Angel Inn. I don't get it. People say, it's not real Mexican food. I live in New York. Just outside the city. Grew up within the city limits. Plenty of top notch food of all kinds all around me. We love San Angel for the atmosphere alone...and I happen to really like the food and the margaritas!

UNCgolf

heh...yeah, this is not even "Disney" but I can't go to the Animal Kingdom without having breakfast (or lunch) at the Rainforest Cafe.

Yes, it is one of my most favorite restaurants.

I also love the Rainforest Cafe. It's incredibly kitschy but I really enjoy the interior and the fake thunderstorms.

The food isn't bad, either. It's not great, but it's as good (and often better) than what you can get at many in-park restaurants anyways. We ate breakfast there last trip on a whim -- I didn't even know they served breakfast, but we were hungry and saw the sign so we went in. It was almost empty and it was better than I expected.

Jason McBrien

For my family it's Sci fi diner. everyone gives it bad reviews but we've always had great meals there. now we generally only have lunch but we've always done well there. and for those of us who grew up with black and white tv the previews are a hoot.

Love the Sci Fi Diner. What I've found with a lot of the dodgier restaurants at WDW is to just get the basic burger. It's the same burger you get everywhere. Throw some pickles and onions on there and it's fine.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom