Lets get to know each other

maryszhi

my name is mary catherine im 20 from suburban chicago, go to school in boston, and am a special education major. I want to move to new orleans after i graduate and save up money to join the dvc. my last trip was january 2011 and i plan on going in january to celebrate my 21st birthday ( my birthday is dec 11 but i have finals that week :( )

maryszhi

David, age 33. I'm married to Amy and this September 8th, on our first Disney day of the trip, it will be our 10th anniversary. We've got 2 kids, Ashley(11) and Justin(10), yes we were naughty.

I'm from Los Angeles but I've been trapped in Mississippi(border of Memphis, TN) since 1994. I grew up going to DL and did without Disney anything from 1992 until 2008. We've been 3 times since, 08, 09 and last month.

It takes us a little over 12 hours to drive from here. We haven't flown but I think it takes about 2 hours or so from Memphis to Orlando.

i know where olive branch is i went to cbu for a year before i went to school in boston :)

lbrad

My name is Lisa. I am 45 years young ;)
Married 22 years...celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary @ WDW:sohappy:
We have 3 wonderful children.
Our daughters name is "Sarah"...Hebrew for "Princess" :king:
We have a cat named Fenwick, named after Fenwick Island DE, which is where we were vacationing when our previous cat Salem passed away :(
We are a loooong 16 hour drive to the world (or a 2 hour flight when DH is up to flying) ....can't wait to return in July!!!!

disneyrcks

I am Jessica and my husband Pat turned me into a Disney addict. I had been twice (once when I was 7 and again in high school) but since meeting him we have gone about 3 times per year and joined DVC! We live in the suburbs of NYC, it takes us about 20 hours to drive down and 2 hours 20 minutes to fly. Love this thread thank you for starting it :wave:

SeaCastle

I'm Brian from Monmouth County, NJ. My family and I first visited in 2000, got "hooked" on our 2004 visit at the Beach Club, then went back in '05, '07, '08, '10, and soon to be '11. I'm the "Disney Nut" of our clan, and when I get home from long days, I turn on the stereo and blast the Innoventions background music loop throughout the house.

I'm pretty cynical about WDW most of the time, but I love visiting and can't wait to be back. I especially can't wait for a nighttime stroll down the Frontierland boardwalk.

I also hope to break my personal record of pictures taken during a week-long vacation which was 2,100pictures on my San Diego/Disneyland trip in 2009. :)

draybook

i know where olive branch is i went to cbu for a year before i went to school in boston :)

Excellent. It's funny, although I've lived in DeSoto county since 94, I hardly ever came to Olive Branch until we moved here. The last time I was here we had 5 cop cars surround our car with guns drawn. Yeah, that did it for me.

I'm Dee. I've been married to Joe for almost 22 yrs and we have one daughter Keeley who is 14. We went for her first visit when she was 5 and went once a year until 2008 and haven't been back since. But we are heading there in Sept. :sohappy: We live in Arkansas about an hour and 15 mins from Memphis. We are driving this trip (unless airfares drop) and it's going to take about 12 hours. We have 2 dogs Seeka and Disney. 2 cats, Belle and Dory. We had a hamster who has since passed and his name was Splash.

You guys go through Columbus or Montgomery?

inluvwithbeast

D'Erin. Spelled exactly like that. I'm from Oklahoma City in ... Oklahoma. 20... 21 in a few months. :) I'm the oldest child in a family of five and yes, I am still going on vacations with them when I can. My bf Jeremy and I are poor college students who can't afford vacations of our own. Lol. It's 20+ hours driving and when we fly it's 4 hours including the changeover in Houston. My next trip is in March 2012 and it will be Jeremy's first time to WDW!

Banksy

My name is Yasmin, i am 18 and i have been a WDW addict for 6 years.

:D I am from England and it takes 8-9 hours on a plane.

jezzerinos

My name is Jeremy. Married to my amazing wife and we have a brilliant 9 month old baby boy. From England and takes us 8.5 hours to get to WDW.

Proposed at 38,000 feet to my wife en route to Orlando. We both love WDW and DS loves Mickey Mouse!!!!

Will be visiting WDW for our first family trip in 2014!!! Have no doubts DS will absolutely love it as much as we do!!!

Susan Savia

Hi! As you can tell, my name is Susan. Been a WDW fanatic for many years. Our two kids (25 and 28 are too!) Live 10 miles from Washington, DC. Yes, BAD traffic!!! We have 5 cats, Bit Bit, Inkie, Figaro, Gracie and Abbie. We always drive the 15 hours to WDW, dividing it into 2 days. Was just at WDW in January and can't wait to get back.

My names Laura and Im 26 (almost but not quite 27!). Live just outside Glasgow along way away in Scotland and takes us around 8.5 hours by flight to get to Orlando. Have a cat called stitch (surprise surprise) who certainly lives up to the name!!

First went to Disney when I was 12 with my big bro and his family then every year after that till I was about 16.
Stopped for a while till my family paid for my trip with my boyfriend for my 21st birthday. Then been going every year with him since then. Cant get enough!!!!!

Going back in 5 weeks - cant come quick enough!

Spike-in-Berlin

Terrific idea this thread!

Hi everyone, my name is Tim and I am a 36 year old WDW-addict (as I clearly know since the thread "you know you are a WDW-addict if..) from Berlin in Germany, not N.H. I live here with my GF whom I made a WDW-addict with our last two trips. No kids, no pets and no names connected to WDW but about a hundred articles of WDW-merchandise which we use on a daily basis: Mugs, towels, t-shirts, shoes, aloha-shirts and dresses (yep, from the Poly) and a lot more, not to mention the DVD collection and hundreds of WDW-related MP3s we listen too during a normal week.

I am a WDW-addict since my first visit in 1982 (although I had already the dream of going to WDW when I was about 5) which is quite fascinating considering the fact that it was only ONE day at the MK, that we had temperatures in the baking hot 100s, that the MK was the only park in WDW so far (visiting the construction site of EPCOT was an option of our trip but we declined) and it was a crowded summer vacation peak day, with waiting times of nothing less than 30-45 minutes even at the smallest rides so I only did 11 attractions on that particular day. To make this brief, I really don't know why I enjoyed it THAT much, seems as if the magic just caught me despite the less than magic day.

My following trips made me perhaps the largest WDW-fan in Berlin or at least one of the 10 largest WDW-addicts for miles.

To get there takes, due to bad connections which will how ever change when our new large international airport opens its gates next year, about 12-14 hours on plane and going by car would be quite an adventure (through Poland, Belarus and Russia, cross Bering Strait, through Alaska, Canada and the continental US) taking several months. I prefer plane although I don't like flying (not in the B.A.Baracus-range but close).

The next trip will be perhaps in two years or so because we don't want to go again before the FLE is complete. DLP would be an alternative with only 60-70 minutes by plane and about 8-10 hrs by car. But I don't like it, never did.

Have a magical day!

graphite1326

My name is Bill (age 54) and I have been an addict since 1996. Our family of four, DW and two boys, live in PA. We drive 3 hours to Rochester NY for a direct flight to the World. We haven't decided when we are going next.

MansionGoer13z

Hey y'all my name is James, I'm 30 years old and in a serious committed relationship with my girlfriend Dawn who has never been to Disney in her entire life thus far. I've been there 7 times so far, so it is my mission to get her to the World-- soon. From the DC/Balt Metro area it takes approximately 2h 30m to get to Florida by air.

zurgandfriend

Hello my name is Ed I'm a 60ish retired Army officer. I've been a Disney fan since 1995 when my wife and I visited for our honeymoon after I retired from the military.

disneylemons

Hey- my name is Ramona but have been called Tink all my life. My dad started it and not sure the reason why but it stuck. I'm 48 and a huge Disney fan.. went once when I was in High school with a friend and her family.. then when our oldest turned 5 and the youngest was 18 months we started going again and have went almost every year.. the kids and I are huge fans..hubby not as much..but his mom is and she usually travels with us down there.. she is now 76 and every years says...:"I hope this isn't my last time to get to come'..lol so of course I have to keep my mother in law happy and try to take her every year as soon as school is out (I'm a teacher so its my reward!)

We live in Southeast Missouri - so usually fly out of Memphis - 2 hours..:)

stratman50th

I'm Don, I live in Maryland between Baltimore and Washington DC. I'm 51, married and have a 16 year old daughter. My mother was the true Disney nut of the family. Living in MD and having Annual Passes so she and my dad could go multiple times a year. She brainwashed the rest of the family and now we have to go every year. My screen name, Stratman50th is what I use for everything on line and it came about because I'm a guitar player and I play Fender Stratocasters almost exclusively. (I am not a guitar snob however, whatever you play is fine as long as you play it) Shameless plug: If you're into guitars and music, check out the link to a very cool forum in my profile.
Sorry, back on topic. We have flown twice, but now we drive to avoid the airport hassle and it allows us to visit family in Jacksonville FL every year. It takes us around 12 hours the first day, and a short 2 1/2 hours the second. My favorite park is MGM studios (Yes! I REFUSE TO LET IT GO, and my mind it's still Port Orleans and Dixie Landings:fork: I'm such a rebel).

Alison1975

Hello all! I'm Alison.. I have 4 kids ( Noah, Declan, Jadziah and Taejan).. I homeschool them all. We have 2 cats and 3 tanks full of fish. I work at a night club and LOVE Disney. I live in Extreme W.Mass.. flying is 2.5 hours..but we drive so about 21-22 hours! This will be my 3 youngest kids first time in the World.. my oldest went for 24 days in less than 18 months. I am already planning a girls only weekend for fall 2012 in hopes my one and only daughter adores WDW the way I do! My husband is NOT thrilled with Disney..but he only went when Epcot opened..and he thinks WDW is like 6Flags.. i am hoping after day one I have a convert!

iconjunkie

Hi everyone!

I'm Rebecca and I'm from Colchester, Vermont though I spend school months in Guelph, Ontario at university. I just turned 19 and I've been a Disney fan since I was 10 or so (I was the one who convinced and planned most of my family's WDW trip in 2007). After a trip to DL with my sister (Julia, 15), mom, and dad in 2003, I've been a big fan.

It would take me about 24 hours to drive to WDW from my house or six hours flying with a layover in the New Jersey/NYC area. There are no direct flights to Disney from my airport, but there's a direct a flight home. :confused:

bmarkelon

:wave:My name is Beth. My now DH took me to Disney for my first time almost 10 years ago when I was 21! I have been hooked ever since, we actually went a 2nd time in that same year!! We now have 3 beautiful kiddos together; DD Alexa is 6, DS Liam is 3, and DD Brielle is 14 months. We just bought DVC at BLT last year because it was a no brained...we go every year.
The flight is just under 3 hours out of Hartford and the drive is I think about 18-19 hours, no thanks! So pumped for our next trip in August, 11 nights Woohoo!! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom