Let's Bring It Back... Rate The AVATAR Above You

mrtoad

Legacy said:
10- Really cool set-up! What band is that?

Thanks. It is U2, I shot that in November at MSG. They are light screens called pixel panels. They can put any image on them and that one is of this giant rotating head during the song "Original of the Species". They also do one of a man walking from screen to screen during another song, flags, a fighter plane, a bunch of stuff. They don't use it for every song so when not in use they just roll them up. They are just giant cables with lights on them.

Pretty neat stuff...

Here is a larger shot for you to see it better.

53756578-L.jpg

Legacy

mrtoad said:
Thanks. It is U2, I shot that in November at MSG. They are light screens called pixel panels. They can put any image on them and that one is of this giant rotating head during the song "Original of the Species". They also do one of a man walking from screen to screen during another song, flags, a fighter plane, a bunch of stuff. They don't use it for every song so when not in use they just roll them up. They are just giant cables with lights on them.

Pretty neat stuff...

Here is a larger shot for you to see it better.

53756578-L.jpg
I remember seeing an article or two about pixel panels awhile back. I knew U2 had used them, but Coldplay also used something like them in their Speed of Sound music video. I know they are becoming much more popular, so I wasn't which band that specifically was. Thanks!

mrtoad

^10 Funky.

No problem. Here are two more to show you. One is the man walking during "Sometimes You Can't Make it on Your Own" and the other is a belly dancer's hands during "She Moves in Mysterious Ways".

They also do something where the project a woman talking on smoke. Kind of how Fantasmic uses water.

53757852-L.jpg

53757860-L.jpg

Legacy

mrtoad said:
They also do something where the project a woman talking on smoke. Kind of how Fantasmic uses water.
Do you have ANY idea what type of smoke they use for that? The tech director of the Soldier Show was looking into doing something like that.

mrtoad

Legacy said:
Do you have ANY idea what type of smoke they use for that? The tech director of the Soldier Show was looking into doing something like that.

To be honest I don't. I will poke around on their site and see if I can find out for you. They did not do the smoke when I saw them but on the new Vertigo DVD that was filmed in Chicago they did. I will see what I can find out for you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom