Let's be honest...is Carousel of Progress going to last the next five years?

What will happen with Carousel of Progress in the next five years?

• Nothing will happen for the foreseeable future, except for the occasional hand falling off

Votes: 195 75.6%
  • It will remain Carousel of Progress, but it will be heavily modified to reflect DEI

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • It will become "Carousel of Some IP" i.e: a look at the Incredibles home life or some other property

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • It will close and the real estate will be used for something else that is announced at that time

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • It will close and sit shuttered for at least three more years before something is decided

Votes: 31 12.0%

• Total voters

Magenta Panther

I think it will survive, but hopefully will be better maintained. As for closing it or turning it into something else, there are better venues for that, like the muppet theater. It's a faded dud, but Iger keeps it open for the same reason he won't fix the Yeti - that would cost money! I think COP is safe for the foreseeable future.

FettFan

COP is there for the forseeable future, especially as long as the Venue Formerly Known As Stitch remains unused. I don't think they'd want to have more than one vacant space at a time.

Robbiem

They should move Carousel of Progress to EPCOT and use that space for another E-Ticket.

I’d love to see CoP, the progress city model, and one mans dream move to EPCOT as a tribute space to Walt but I don’t think Disney would ever do it. The only place they would move it to would be a landfill site unfortunately

Californian Elitist

They have more important things to use the former Carousel theater in California for.

Like.............

um.....

.........well I'm not sure, but I'm sure they've been trying their best for the past 35 years!

;)
We’re waiting for CoP, obvi. We both know it would more than likely be in much better shape if it were in Anaheim. That old furniture smell definitely wouldn’t be there.

😉

Goofyernmost

If we have nothing to measure our past with, how will we know for sure the degree of progress that has been achieved? CoP is a humorous look at what came before us and besides being a genuine Walt creation has a very worthwhile message if people can just pull their heads out of their collective butts and understand that "paving paradise to put up a parking lot" is not to anyone's benefit.

The music alone is something that for many, including myself, is filled with wonderful memories. When I first saw it in WDW the theme song was "Now is the best time of our lives" and for me it certainly was. Many years later, "Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" got me through a time when I felt that life was nothing but a series of changes that I was having trouble getting through. It actually gave me hope that tomorrow might be better if I only looked ahead, personally, and not behind.

I know that is a one person experience affecting only me, but I'm sure that others have had many good memories associated with an attraction that is one of the oldest in the Disney Parks history. That thing has been moving the audience (literally) for 50 years, all day, almost everyday. The miles on those seats, not to mention the sweat laden butts that have graced them is something close to miraculous and the degree of dependability is almost mind boggling. Not counting the Disneyland years and the Worlds Fair years before that. No maintenance is a joke. It would have stopped moving long ago without a whole lot of care and attention. Does anyone even imagine how many theaters are in that attraction, how many seats circle around there everyday. How many movements those Animatronics have made in just one day of operation, much less 50 years. Instead of worrying about the condition of the carpet or the age of the seats try being amazed that it still can almost always show us the incredible creativity of the people that designed and built it originally so that we can still be entertained and taught about our past.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Hopefully they are upgrading the AAs while they are at it but Idt u can say COP is on the level of launch bay yet
Honestly, it may as well be. I’d rather walk past an empty building than experience an attraction that is clearly not being taken care of and isn’t in the best shape. It was the first ride I got on during my first visit, and it left a lot to be desired. The lack of maintenance was very obvious and unfortunate.

They should put love, money, and work into it, rip it out, or send it home to Anaheim.

The Lochness Monsta

Imma thinking the family's skin tone and race will change quite a bit. Because of Disney's major diversity movement across their parks. There will probably be a person in a wheelchair as well.

Last edited:

DonniePeverley

Wait ... this is still an attraction? I used to use this place to get some a/c and some cat nap sleep years ago. I can't believe it's still open.

Shameful.

w=452

The Lochness Monsta

I love this attraction.

Since I'm dreaming. I wouldn't mind seeing it in Epcot next to a new version of Horizons. Only problem is it makes too much sense for Disney. They're too busy shoehorning IP's that don't belong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom