Let's be honest...is Carousel of Progress going to last the next five years?

What will happen with Carousel of Progress in the next five years?

• Nothing will happen for the foreseeable future, except for the occasional hand falling off

Votes: 195 75.6%
  • It will remain Carousel of Progress, but it will be heavily modified to reflect DEI

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • It will become "Carousel of Some IP" i.e: a look at the Incredibles home life or some other property

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • It will close and the real estate will be used for something else that is announced at that time

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • It will close and sit shuttered for at least three more years before something is decided

Votes: 31 12.0%

• Total voters

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Since I posted it last summer, I’d have to give you a big, sarcastic no…
9793a7601560b6218d0f5e0a1ea1154f.jpg

If I was a betting man, I’d say sometime in the next 10 years Carousel gets a decent set re-decoration in Act 4, replacing furniture, appliances and just general décor, maybe a few small dialog tweaks to get rid of references to car phones and laser discs. But I would be completely shocked if we got any drastic changes in the 2020’s

ppete1975

That would be interesting if true, because Tom Hanks is notorious for not doing voice work for merchandise, non-feature projects, or amusement parks.
Whenever you hear Woody speak in the parks or on a tv commercial or a video, it's not Tom but his brother Jim Hanks, such as here for the Wall-E superbowl spot.

Fun fact: Jim and Tom are so close in appearance that Jim body doubled for him for the running sequence in Forrest Gump...and that's part of why Forrest grows the giant Duck Dynasty beard, to help hide the switcheroo.
1-1552603932918.jpg
5a0f61b27101ad177605fe47

how is walle not represented in any of the domestic parks!?

ppete1975

A life sized Wall-E used to make appearances at DHS I believe, as part of the Living Character Initiative that also brought us Remy at Chefs De France and Lucky at Dinoland USA.

Right but Space 220 he could be rocketing by some times with his fire extinguisher. To me Epcot is built for using Walle for the environment and Baymax for health. Get the little ones attention then teach them. While I know thats old Epcot thought process, its sad they have 2 IPs that could actually fill these roles so easily and they dont get used.

And dont forget at Epcot...
1675371975224.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom