Let's be honest...is Carousel of Progress going to last the next five years?

What will happen with Carousel of Progress in the next five years?

• Nothing will happen for the foreseeable future, except for the occasional hand falling off

Votes: 195 75.6%
  • It will remain Carousel of Progress, but it will be heavily modified to reflect DEI

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • It will become "Carousel of Some IP" i.e: a look at the Incredibles home life or some other property

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • It will close and the real estate will be used for something else that is announced at that time

Votes: 6 2.3%
  • It will close and sit shuttered for at least three more years before something is decided

Votes: 31 12.0%

• Total voters

donaldtoo

I feel it should remain for a long time to come. Granted, Walt said that Disneyland would be always changing and evolving (and, I assume he would have said the same for WDW), but, I feel there are some Walt-involved classics that should remain as a tribute to the man (and mouse ;)) that started it all, and not relegated to a YouTube video only. And CoP is definitely one of them, along with PPF, IaSW, etc., IMO.
The only thing I wish they would do with CoP is change the final scene back to the original CoP final scene from the ‘64-‘65 Worlds Fair. It would just make so much more sense timeline-wise, and be a complete and total tribute to Walt’s original vision for that attraction.
And yes, I realize I’m a dying breed, but, hopefully, they’ll wait to do away with it after I’ve passed at around age 120-ish…!!!!! :D:hilarious:;)

Jacob Marley

but they already announced it was getting updated eventually with Tom Hanks.

Updated with Tom Hanks how…?!
Updated to what…?!
Where is a link to this “announcement”…?!
I can see this happening, and am perfectly OK with it.
cphnks.jpg

He fits the lead role like a glove.

Smiley/OCD

no, No, NO!! There are certain things that Walt created that directly influenced the Disney theme parks that we love today…Great Moments w/ AL, which in Florida became HoP, iasw, and CoP…since kids don’t learn history in schools today, they (and we) need to keep these iconic tributes to Uncle Walt…Tweak it? Sure…replace it? HELL NO!! (At least not until I’m worm food)…

donaldtoo

lol as a homeowner who hasn't wanted to do this laugh!!

COP is another one of those "it's hot let's go somewhere and nap" rides for my family. we do enjoy the "nostalgia" of the ride but wouldn't mind it if it got a update.

Another of my favorite ‘80’s movies…!!!!! :hilarious:
We’ve been in our home 33+ years, and I know that laugh all too well…toilets, doors, entire HVAC systems, 2 new roofs, and now, new siding to the tune of…:greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:…!!!!! 🤪🤪🤪🤣:hilarious:

ETA…
The like was for the homeowner part. I don’t want them “updating” this attraction in any way, other than the aforementioned changing the last scene back to the original.

Animaniac93-98

Disney has been hemming and hawing for the last 20 years about whether or not to change or get rid of CoP.

Given how cheap they are and how difficult it can be for them to make decisions, I expect the attraction to continue as is for some time.

Its now been 30 years since the last update. Maybe we get something for the 60th anniversary in 2024, but probably not.

Cmdr_Crimson

Disney has been hemming and hawing for the last 20 years about whether or not to change or get rid of CoP.

Given how cheap they are and how difficult it can be for them to make decisions, I expect the attraction to continue as is for some time.

Its now been 30 years since the last update. Maybe we get something for the 60th anniversary in 2024, but probably not.
The word "seasonal attraction" is faintly used now (exception of the Water parks) and if It went that direction again they'd go ape spit...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom