Let the speculation begin - Will 7DMT be another TSMM?

Will 7dMT be another TSMM?

• Yes, lines will always be long and fastpasses will always run out quickly.

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • No, I think for a while it will be that way, but will eventually taper off.

Votes: 57 58.8%

• Total voters

menamechris

I don't think 7DM will have incredible standby times, as much as I expect it to ease up the wait times for other rides (like Peter Pan some of the other dark rides). I think it will spread the families out even more, which is great. Maybe they can get Peter Pan down to a 20-30 minute wait for a change...

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
capacity isn't horrible at TSMM... 8 per vehicle and dispatch 2 vehicles. Demand just far exceeds capacity.

I think I have read that the Hourly capacity is somewhere in the 800-1000 range. Comparatively a ride like Buzz is well over 1500. So it is probably a combination of demand and lack of capacity.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
As for this ride, intially it will have incredibly long lines, but I think those will fizzle out relatively quickly. It will slot right in to the typical MK wait times. Nothing like TSMM.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think I have read that the Hourly capacity is somewhere in the 800-1000 range. Comparatively a ride like Buzz is well over 1500. So it is probably a combination of demand and lack of capacity.

I've seen conflicting things on it.. with numbers as low as 800, but those were contested because of misunderstanding of the dispatch. Either way.. it's no omnimover, but it's no flying tires either ;)

The demand is high for the attraction - proven by the wait people are willing to endure to ride it.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I've seen conflicting things on it.. with numbers as low as 800, but those were contested because of misunderstanding of the dispatch. Either way.. it's no omnimover, but it's no flying tires either ;)

The demand is high for the attraction - proven by the wait people are willing to endure to ride it.

Agree.

Though the debate on why it is so popular is, I think, a valid one. That being, lack of other quality options at MGM. Add in the fact that it is around 8 minutes in length, and you have a seriously high demand. 7D does not have either of those issues.

PolynesianPrincess

Even though I agree that there are more things to do, as a family, in MK, I would be hard pressed to explain why there are still massive lines at Winnie and Peter Pan. I can understand Dumbo because of it's low capacity, but not the others. I would be hesitant to make a prediction about the Mine ride because I think that for smaller kids and their families it will be very popular, but there will also be the competition from another equally new ride close by with Ariel.

I think I read somewhere PPF has pretty bad hourly capacity as well. Maybe not as bad as TSMM but nothing like Buzz or HM.

I think like any new ride, everyone will want to give it a go but after that, it'll die down. MK has SO much more to offer than DHS does in terms of family rides. I think it COULD remain almost as popular as perhaps BTMRR (especially if it's a little more tame than BTMRR - meaning those little ones not ready for BTMRR could ride it) but I don't except it will have lines like PPF, Space or Dumbo once they hype dies down.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
There is no comparison. TSMM - is in DHS, that park as much as I love it is in dire need of at least two more E or at least D ticket rides. MK is in the best shape as far as rides are concerned of any park.
7DMT will be busy at first and then die down to be just another ride..maybe a step above the great goofini.

NX2I85

I think 7DMT is going to be a "Boom goes the Dynamite!" attraction for a good long while. It will indeed draw mobs like TSMM because 1) it will be somewhat unique -I hope, and 2) it is the cherry on top of the FLE sundae -the one attraction in the whole thing that people are most anxious to experience.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Though the debate on why it is so popular is, I think, a valid one. That being, lack of other quality options at MGM. Add in the fact that it is around 8 minutes in length, and you have a seriously high demand. 7D does not have either of those issues.

Agree - it doesn't have the same 'stranded on an island' problem TSMM has which will diffuse people's tolerance for the high waits. But we see PP can hold 60min waits all day long.. so if the attraction proves popular, I can see it holding those 60+min waits like the rest of MK's top draws do. If its good enough to be that popular remains to be seen.. but I think it has a lot going for it to make it so. TSMM has a high re-ride demand.. but even without that.. other MK attractions can sustain high waits. I can forsee it having waits like Splash or PeterPan...

NormC

Toy Story has long lines becausef of its terribly low hourly capacity, coupled with the lack of family attractions at DHS. Assuming the Mine Coaster has a better capacity, it shouldn't be as bad (after the initial rush dies down) since there's much more to do in MK to begin with.
Agreed.

JCAEdge21

capacity isn't horrible at TSMM... 8 per vehicle and dispatch 2 vehicles. Demand just far exceeds capacity.

Very fair point. It's still low when you look at it in that regard (for example, Test Track only has 6 per vehicle but launches 4 at a time for 24 riders), but I couldn't agree more about the demand far exceeding the capacity.

HOWEVER... If this new rumor about Carsland holds up, A LOT of stress will be taken off of TSMM

flynnibus

Premium Member
Test track may load multiple cars at the same time but they are not dispatched together. The cars are spaced out as they are dispatched into the actual ride. At the safety check, etc

Tinkerkell

I don't think so. It will be popular but there's still so much else to do in the MK with a family. For this reason alone I don't think you'll ever see the same problem at the MK. TSMM is popular because it's the only thing to do with small kids!!! It's the only ride my kids like and the only reason they even ask to go to DHS, seriously! They don't particularly enjoy Star Tours or The Great Movie Ride (they can take 'em or leave 'em) and everything else is shows which we don't feel the need to see every trip. That puts TSMM on the top of our list.

I agree. The Magic Kingdom has many more attractions geared for all ages that will distribute the RD crowd a bit when compared to Studios, which has a handful of 'ride' attractions. In the MK, people will still rush to the three mountains, Dumbo, Peter Pan & Small World, etc.

That said, I do think 7DMT will be E-Ticket popular and that FPs could run out mid-day. I'm thinking it'll be very similar to BTMRR, only indoors and with swaying mine cars and a Snow White theme.

Powerline

MK and DHS simply aren't the same park. 7DMT will have some traffic early in it's life span but be assured it's not going to be like that for long.

ddbowdoin

Even today, the rush to and average wait time for Toy Story Midway Mania is absurd and the passage of time since its opening hasn't made much of a difference there. Thinking about that, and then thinking about when the 7 Dwarves Mine Trail finally opens in 2014 (and knowing what we know at present about the ride)......would you say the odds are good that it will become another long wait time/rush for fastpasses kind of attraction?

I voted YES... but really, I'm unsure why I voted yes. Part of me feels yes because let's face it, its the MK and it's likely to be a tamer thrill ride, hence more kids will be able to ride.

But at the same time what drives TSM is the element of competition. Everyone wants to get into that car and beat their wife/husband/bf or gf/dad/brother/mom/sister... then GLOAT! I think that is the massive appeal with TSM, great ride vehicle, excellent experience, great concept and the element of competition which keeps it fresh every time.

tracyandalex

But at the same time what drives TSM is the element of competition. Everyone wants to get into that car and beat their wife/husband/bf or gf/dad/brother/mom/sister... then GLOAT! I think that is the massive appeal with TSM, great ride vehicle, excellent experience, great concept and the element of competition which keeps it fresh every time.

that too!

Glasgow

I think it will be more like BTMRR in terms of capacity and popularity .. and I don't think that popularity will wane for a long time. The first reason is because the attraction is right in the middle of FLE, so everyone coming to visit the expansion will clearly see it and want to ride (there will be a steady new influx of park goers that are seeing it for the first time, so they'll have to ride). Secondly, the external theming should be more impressive than say, the Great Goofini. Third, the internal theming should also be more impressive so the re-rideability will be higher. And lastly, this will be the only 'thrill' oriented ride in this end of the park making it even more popular for kids AND adults.

wogwog

Has anyone heard or read of the height requirement if any? Barnstormer is 35'' and BTMR is 40''. So very wee ones might be left out. But even at 35"" the Barstormer gets some quite long standby lines. Comparison at the moment at 3 PM on a Friday Barn is 35 and BTMR is 50.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom