Legend of the Lion King to close Feb 23 2002

ToTBellHop

Festival has acrobatic monkeys, this dude who plays with fire, four Audio-Animatronic floats, and this weird, yet interesting thing with a guy bird making a girl bird fly around the theater as Can You Feel the Love Tonight plays...
Kyle

Bdis86

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Quentin Disney
It kind makes sense that a new-Mickey based attraction is debuting for fall '03. Mickey (and Minnie, do not forget her!) will turn 75 that year.

Well, I'm suprised that no one is starting up a petition or something to stop the closure of this attraction like the COP and Horizions fans.

Don't forget about Pete! He will also be 75 on Nov. 18, 2002

ToTBellHop

how do they all hide their age so well? Mickey and Minnie have been boyfriend/girlfriend for longer than any other couple in history....

General Grizz

The show isn't bad, but I am saying that there are two attractions dedicated to a FILM...which doesn't necessarily need an attraction. One is basically enough. :D

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
My thinking is if I want to see the lion king, I'll pop it in the VCR (isn't out on DVD yet....:( )

They already have a lion king show at AK, so there really is no need for another.

BradleyJ

The Animal Kingdom Show opened about 4 years after the one in Fantasyland.

So if there was only need for 1 Lion King Show, it should be the one not to exist. Plus we can;t forget about Circle of Life, at Epcot.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I agree....But I also think that the show at AK is much better, in my opinion.

I'm not sure if the attendance is that much higher at the show at AK, but if it's more popular and you have to get rid of one, I guess that's a good way to choose.

Plus, has attendance been good on the MK show? Every time I go by it, there never seems to be much of a line (if any).

AndyMagic

Name?

I just don't understand the name they chose for the attraction. Philarmagic?? What does this mean? Can someone explain?

bossmsx

The new "Philarmagic" Mickey-based attraction is a 'return to the past' of sorts...Let's not forget the original occupant of Fantasyland Theater was also a Mickey-based attraction: The Mickey Mouse Revue!! Which reminds me, has anyone gotten a chance to go to Disneyland Tokyo and see MMR over there in its new (since '83) home?

MrPromey

Originally posted by BradleyJ
The Animal Kingdom Show opened about 4 years after the one in Fantasyland.

So if there was only need for 1 Lion King Show, it should be the one not to exist. Plus we can;t forget about Circle of Life, at Epcot.

Well, the circle of Life movie is more or less an environmental story hosted by characters from the Lion King and the AK show is also something different which is hosted by the characters. Legend of the Lion King is a puppet show that retells the story in about a third of the time will much less splendor than the original movie. I've sort of thought all along that it was kind of rushed into that area as a way to capitalize on the phenomenal success of the movie while it was still hot... I don't think there is anything wrong with it but the Lion King theme seems more suited for AK (which didn't exist when the movie came out) than fantasyland, anyway. It's not called animated land. Not all Disney cartoons lend themselves to that part of the park, which explains the locations of the Magic Carpets, Splash Mountain and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom