Legend of the Lion King to close Feb 23 2002

orlpassholder

hmm ok cool. Well then I know what I have to do next weekend. I am going next weekend I dont care what is going on at work etc!!!!! I'll snag some digital shots of this and splash mountain and get the ride taped then I need to start back up and reshoot hall of presidents etc

NowInc

Well...I have seen this Legend of the Lion King twice..both times out of force....sooo....I say good ridddence ;)

orlpassholder

I found it to be a good ride and when The Lion King was first out in theaters it was big least I thought so. But I think it has worn its time and if a Mickey Based ride is introduced well I am all for it.

General Grizz

Yah...I saw it twice...the second time out of force...and it is "magical"...and all...but not really a classic. Fantasyland Theater is good to change shows once and a while...I call the place the "Freshkeeper"...as long as it ain't a meet'n'greet or a cheap show...

ToTBellHop

I think Legend of the Lion King is innovative and I really enjoyed it when it first opened. But after Festival of the Lion King opened at Animal Kingdom, I really lost interest...Festival is SO MUCH better. So I agree, it's time for a change. Animatronics would be great...

Quentin Disney

It kind makes sense that a new-Mickey based attraction is debuting for fall '03. Mickey (and Minnie, do not forget her!) will turn 75 that year.

Well, I'm suprised that no one is starting up a petition or something to stop the closure of this attraction like the COP and Horizions fans.

ToTBellHop

there's another Lion King show and it happens to be better (in most people's opinions...I mean, I think the acrobatics is very kewl, and it uses a lot of AA). If they had closed World of Motion, built Test Track there and moved the old World of Motion ride behind (or next to) it and fixed it up with new effects...I don't think people would have complained...

Goofster

Hmm, i actually love Legend of the Lion King, that's probably because I missed Festival when i was down there. What is it that makes it so much better?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom